The Giga Speculation Thread

SonofBaconator

2 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

I find that odd? Why is it only CP that others come to work at?

Cedar Point doesn't have the large demographic of people to pull like Kings Island does for seasonal work.

Kings Island at least in the past, has had some International Workers.

I find it EXTREMELY hard to believe that they are building dorms for them inside of the park.  There are a lot of logistical/safety issues along with that.

3 hours ago, Pez said:

I don't know what's going on back there.  I know what I saw and what I was told.  I realize the elevator operator may be a close relation to the dippin dots guy, but that's what she said.  I cannot attest to the veracity of her statement.  I don't think they're slapping roofs on shipping containers though.  They are doing something back there.  It is a construction site.  Regardless of filings with the County Recorder, they have erected about ten structures with metal roofs on either side of a larger roofed structure.  Maybe they are dorms.  Maybe they're cabins.  Maybe it's a storage area.  I don't know.  Importantly to this thread, there is construction work going on near Dinosaurs Alive that does not appear to be related to the construction of a giga coaster. 

I think those are the little buildings that were under the tower during Winterfest. I heard that the old graveyard is being used for Winterfest storage now.

1 minute ago, LoadAndGo said:

I think those are the little buildings that were under the tower during Winterfest. I heard that the old graveyard is being used for Winterfest storage now.

Well, that just makes a lot of sense.  I think you're right.

• Like 2

BTW, the pipes seen by The Beast match with the runoff pipes underneath The Bat. Looks like if the construction may be altering the runoff ditch that runs by Firehawk.54E9C669-33B4-4026-8AAE-8D830FEF7E1E.jpeg

Opens a fresh new can of worms. Why would they want to be altering a runoff system that has worked perfectly for x number of years? 

• Like 1

My theory on why they just got a new restaurant this year and why they aren't getting a new coaster next year is that they needed a smaller investment to help pay off Mystic Timbers and Banshee. Banshee is like around $15 and Banshee was $24. Put them together, Kings Island has $39 Million to pay off their last two big investments. Which I'm sure Banshee is like more than half way paid off right now. Which fits with my theory on why they didn't get a giga in 2017 which was because they wanted a cheaper coaster so that they can help pay off Banshee. I could be way off, but this is just my theory. Once Banshee and MT are paid off, we could look for a massive investment (giga imo). 2020 or 2021 are my two guesses for the grand opening year of the KI fanboy wet dream. 2021 is more likely imo.

I think this viewpoint is rather simplistic.  I'd say CF would use the amortization/depreciation method of accounting vs "paying off" investments.  And lets not forget the (I'd conjecture) MILLONS that were spent on Winterfest and the Island Smokehouse.  And I'd suppose there was plenty of coin spent this year on seen and unseen projects/infrastructure.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, gforce1994 said:

BTW, the pipes seen by The Beast match with the runoff pipes underneath The Bat. Looks like if the construction may be altering the runoff ditch that runs by Firehawk.54E9C669-33B4-4026-8AAE-8D830FEF7E1E.jpeg

Opens a fresh new can of worms. Why would they want to be altering a runoff system that has worked perfectly for x number of years? 

Maybe because the current runoff pipes are causing Vortex to sink. 

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

It also looks like those pipes you mentioned @gforce1994 by The Beast may have been there for years. Maybe we just could not see them before the tree removal. Until we see them breaking ground to put them in I think we are putting the cart before the horse!

I was thinking the same thing. They look old