The Giga Speculation Thread

SonofBaconator

16 hours ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I don't see another coaster until at least 2021. I think we are going to get a flat ride package similar to what Carowinds did in 2017. Mystic Timbers was actually needed because it provides a new wooden experience to the park and gives something more families could enjoy together. Banshee was needed because the park was lacking a good invert. Looking at what @Grobble said, I think we are going to get a flat ride package to help out our not so good flat ride collection. I also think a good dark ride is on it's way in the near future since Boo Blasters is more of a kiddy dark ride. I think something like Voyage to the Iron Reef would be a great fit. I definitely see them expanding Planet Snoopy as well since KI will want to keep the title as the best kids area. Our next coaster imo would be a giga in the left corner of Action Zone replacing Congo Falls and Invertigo going near the front entrance. Imo, if they don't break records with this giga, it would still bring a ton of people to the park since the idea of dropping 300+ feet at over 90 mph really catches the GP's eye. ROI is a big key and a giga would bring in more people. Yes, KI does get crazy attendance, but a giga would really spike attendance. Also, a B&M giga would be great for the large crowds since they are people eaters. Look at Fury and Leviathan, those are great people eaters. Again, I see flat rides, a dark ride, a kids area expansion, and then a giga.

I agree with most of this. I want a giga or other major coaster but some of these things are needed more to really round out the park. We really need more flat rides at the park. Would be great to get another major flat ride and then a small collection of family rides to spread around. Maybe a big thrilling flat in xbase and a couple family flats around Coney Mall and Oktoberfest.

Think a great new dark ride would be great too. Could put it in the old action theatre or crypt building. Then turn Boo Blasters into a Peanuts themed dark ride and make it officially part of the land. Would give them a good expansion for that section and continue to cinch it’s best kids area title with good assortment of rides, log flume, and then a dark ride. Think if they put an antique car ride back in where the stage/petting zoo area it’d be almost impossible for another regional park to beat the kids area.

• Like 1

I'm of the opinion that with Timbers, Banshee and Diamondback, Kings Island already solidified their coaster line up, and there isn't much competition for them to deal with (at least no nearby parks that are on equal footing), so anything they get from here on out is pretty much the cherry on top.  I'm hoping for a bit of variety and originality from here on out.  I'm okay with sacrificing a bit of capacity for something really unique, mainly because these recent additions have also had the added effect of spreading out the lines in the park, and most of the more popular rides are pretty good line chewers.  

In short, Kings Island's next coaster doesn't need to be a giga IMHO.

• Like 3

I seen screamscape said a couple days ago, and it looks to be true based on their evidence they had, that carowinds 2019 coaster will be a multi-launch MACK coaster. NOT a GCI which was what was expected if this is true it shocks me. Also with Canada’s wonderland most likely getting a Dive in 2019, I’d say it’s safe to say that Kings Island Next coaster whenever it would be will NOT be a dive or a multi-launch blitz type coaster and they just got an invert and a GCI so that leaves us with a giga as the most likely next coaster for Kings Island IN MY OPINION. 

7 minutes ago, GigaLover said:

I seen screamscape said a couple days ago, and it looks to be true based on their evidence they had, that carowinds 2019 coaster will be a multi-launch MACK coaster. NOT a GCI which was what was expected if this is true it shocks me. Also with Canada’s wonderland most likely getting a Dive in 2019, I’d say it’s safe to say that Kings Island Next coaster whenever it would be will NOT be a dive or a multi-launch blitz type coaster and they just got an invert and a GCI so that leaves us with a giga as the most likely next coaster for Kings Island IN MY OPINION. 

+1 member for Team Giga!

• Like 2

I believe Kings Island will have another coaster by 2021 so I wouldn’t believe that Cedar Fair would install same type of ride like a multi launch or dive just 2 years after they were installed at another park they are not six flags.. I don’t think Kings Island ever gets a dive I’m not a fan of them anyways im more concerned with the multi launch coaster which I believe Kings Island needs so if they install one in 2019 at Carowinds I would believe they would install another one just 2 years later  

I know I've mentioned this before, but what if the park decided to install an RMC topper track woodie similar to Wildfire at Kolmården? I know we just got Mystic Timbers, but Rocky Mountain Construction wooden coasters create totally different ride experiences than traditional wooden coasters. Plus it would be a great way to perfect the inverting wooden coaster, a gap left over from when Son of Beast had the loop, and eventually itself, removed. 

20 minutes ago, BlondyRidesOn said:

I know I've mentioned this before, but what if the park decided to install an RMC topper track woodie similar to Wildfire at Kolmården? 

I don't see why not since there aren't that many wooden coasters from RMC. Kings Island has an excellent wooden coaster lineup so I could see the park being interested in an RMC woodie.

Yeah I believe we won’t be getting an RMC soon. I don’t believe it will be our next coaster so most likely atleast 7+ years.. It will be interesting to see what comes next if it’s not a Giga coming next it will be interesting to see what it will be.  I also see them doing something with the old tomb raider building very soon maybe 2019.. could see 2019 as a dark ride in that spot with a couple flat rides in coney mall.  It just don’t make much sense to me to only use that building for a haunt only, because it’s located at a high volume traffic area with mystic, Diamondback, and beast riders.  It’s kind of an eye sore walking by it with nothing going on.  I believe they have plans for it very soon 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SonofBaconator said:

I don't see why not since there aren't that many wooden coasters from RMC. Kings Island has an excellent wooden coaster lineup so I could see the park being interested in an RMC woodie.

RMC Beast would be a nice addition, IMO.3C117D9F-F13C-46EA-A352-2DD25D5FE63A.jpeg

91946D44-4E41-43B5-8DBD-8EAEAA344428.jpeg

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

I honestly feel our older wooden rides are too iconic to be RMC'd with The Racer being credited for rekindling the roller coaster craze and The Beast for its various records it broke and the history behind the coaster itself again this is my opinion and I know others will disagree

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

On 4/28/2018 at 2:54 PM, gforce1994 said:

So just on The Racer, and the entire pathway running perpendicular to the coaster has been cleared. Not only that, signs of heavy machinery on site is visible. This was not seen last week.

Also, the preparation for construction for Fury 325 happened in 2013, so if this project were to be a Giga, we may be looking at 2020, or 2021 timeslot.

And before someone mentions it, the heavy machinery tracks were off road, where the Dino’s used to be.

This has nothing to do with those hilarious Racer rumors online.

You need to start taking pics of what you see and post them on here to show us because I have seen nothing of what you have said regarding construction in DA.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, SonofBaconator said:

No just leave the current wooden coasters alone. For as much as this is a Kings Island fan site, there's a lot of prejudice from people on our rides. 

Be grateful we're not Dorney or Valleyfair

We bring in a few million more than those parks....

oh and

Image result for dead horse gif

TBH I agree on the current woodies- Racer is a pretty iconic ride and is still more liked than hated (It is a bit rough at times but I'd try a GCI overhaul first), Beast is beloved as-is by many (also I don't know how good of a RMC it even could be, since it has so much straight track and is so spread out), and Mystic Timbers is brand new. If Kings Island were to get something from RMC, I'd expect it would be a ground-up Topper Track coaster, like a bigger Wildfire (Kolmarden) or Outlaw Run, or a T-Rex Single Rail coaster (The smaller Raptor model likely is too low on capacity).

With that said, I would be overjoyed if I found out Kings Island was building a large RMC Topper Track "woodie" (there is debate of course over if they are wood or steel). They give El Toro a serious run for its money atop most modern wood coaster polls, and adding one would make KI a destination park to nearly all wood coaster fans, as you would be adding what would be adding another "best wood coaster in the world" candidate to a park that already boasts the Legendary Beast and Mystic Timbers, both of which also usually can at least be found on many people's Top 10 lists. However, this probably won't happen at least for another coaster or two from now, as it would seem odd to the GP to add back to back wood coasters. Even if this happens, there will be stuff between it and Mystic Timbers on this Kings Island coaster timeline, I assume.

A T-Rex could also be a interesting coaster to add to Kings Island's lineup, based on what I have seen from the smaller Raptor coasters test runs. They haul, and look to pack quite the punch. Kings Island would need the extra capacity though, so I'd wager we'd probably see a T-Rex instead. These coasters look like they can fit in tight spots, so there would probably be tons of places it could go. It would be ironic if Kings Island puts a T-Rex coaster in the former Dinosaurs Alive area.

Though that is just what RMC has right now. I am pretty sure they will create and come up with more models within the next 10 years, and perhaps Kings Island could be in line to get one of those.

^

RMC Adventure Express? Really, while that does seem at least possible, I dunno. I'd imagine it would be mostly the same as the current coaster, as they would want to keep it a family coaster more than likely, but you would replace the old Arrow track with RMC Track and add new trains. If this was done, I would also hope they would fix up the theming a bit on the ride to go along with the new track and trains. 

7 minutes ago, McSalsa said:

RMC Adventure Express? Really, while that does seem at least possible, I dunno. I'd imagine it would be mostly the same as the current coaster, as they would want to keep it a family coaster more than likely, but you would replace the old Arrow track with RMC Track and add new trains. If this was done, I would also hope they would fix up the theming a bit on the ride to go along with the new track and trains. 

I don't think it's likely but would be a fun concept

33 minutes ago, kirbias1 said:

You need to start taking pics of what you see and post them on here to show us because I have seen nothing of what you have said regarding construction in DA.  

Agree, looked over there on my several rides today and saw nothing of what Daniel mentioned.

• Like 3

I wouldn’t mind seeing a handful of flat rides come to the park. Just scatter them throughout Rivertown, Oktoberfest and Action Zone. It would be nice to see an RMC in the Dino area, with underground tunnels and consealed beneath the tree line... who really knows what, when or where a new attraction would go. I’m betting on Oktoberfest first, though. Just a hunch.

• Like 1