The Giga Speculation Thread

SonofBaconator

6 hours ago, purdude86 said:

I agree with most of this. I want a giga or other major coaster but some of these things are needed more to really round out the park. We really need more flat rides at the park. Would be great to get another major flat ride and then a small collection of family rides to spread around. Maybe a big thrilling flat in xbase and a couple family flats around Coney Mall and Oktoberfest.

Think a great new dark ride would be great too. Could put it in the old action theatre or crypt building. Then turn Boo Blasters into a Peanuts themed dark ride and make it officially part of the land. Would give them a good expansion for that section and continue to cinch it’s best kids area title with good assortment of rides, log flume, and then a dark ride. Think if they put an antique car ride back in where the stage/petting zoo area it’d be almost impossible for another regional park to beat the kids area.

I agree, if they did put an antique car ride back there, it would make sure KI would keep the best kids area award for a long time, that would be great!

1 hour ago, KIghostguy said:

How difficult would it be to build a ground-up I-box?

Beast-Revenge! Coming to Kings Island in 2021 as the world's first giga-hybrid at 308 feet going at speeds at 93 mph with a 90 degree drop and the fastest inversion in the world with the 112 foot tall dive loop! Located By Racer's turn around using the old action theatre as a station and queuing area! Due to the high intensity of this ride, riders must be at least 52 inches tall to ride!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chugh43 said:

Too bad that Action Theater is not only used for a haunt, but as well as technical services. 

Tech Services is in the basement of the building, so they could in theory tear down the walls and roof of that building, and keep the floor as the roof for Tech Services, I don't think they will though.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, teenageninja said:

Tech Services is in the basement of the building, so they could in theory tear down the walls and roof of that building, and keep the floor as the roof for Tech Services, I don't think they will though.

Correct and agreed. I just don't see them using an existing building....the cost to renovate such a building would likely be more expensive than building ground up. 

• Like 2

Just now, IndyGuy4KI said:

Interesting placement @Hawaiian Coasters 325

I was just playing around with the picture editing thing. I was talking with Brian Neal on a Sunday and he mentioned an idea on having the coaster go over Coney Mall and use the empty space from Backlot Stunt Coaster. I personally don't find it likely, but we might be surprised. I'm surprised where they put both Diamondback and Mystic Timbers. 

• Like 2

Please no, we don't want KI to start looking like a SF park do we?   I love how KI keeps most of the coasters outside the guest walking areas but then again, it is kind of cool when a large coaster is whizzing by just above your head.

Pic source:  watch_me_eat_blogspot.com

PA070013.jpg

Zambia Smokehouse - Busch Gardens - 6-19-15 - Sheikra.JPG

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KingsMills79 said:

Please no, we don't want KI to start looking like a SF park do we?   I love how KI keeps most of the coasters outside the guest walking areas but then again, it is kind of cool when a large coaster is whizzing by just above your head.

PA070013.jpg

So when did SF acquire BGT? 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, KingsMills79 said:

PA070013.jpg

Diamondback's drop is basically in the guest walking areas, but again, I was just playing around. If I could put a giga in any spot, I would put it in the old SOB station to give nods to SOB and it would have the drop facing GWL.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Diamondback's drop is basically in the guest walking areas, but again, I was just playing around. If I could put a giga in any spot, I would put it in the old SOB station to give nods to SOB and it would have the drop facing GWL.

Can I ask something? This isn't just for you either....anyone can answer.

Why do you (or anyone) want the park to use the old SOB station for a new ride? What is so important about it that would make it need to happen? 

I highly highly doubt it'll ever be used again for a coaster for a couple of reasons:
1- It'd have to be retrofitted for a new coaster...where the track goes, would have to be altered significantly depending on the type, the air gates would have to be re-installed and likely the mechanics and entirely new safety features. Not to mention the cost to renovate would likely cost more than a brand new station.

2- the clearance envelope...while most don't see it, there has to be a certain amount of clearance from The Bat and Banshee.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1