The Giga Speculation Thread

SonofBaconator

The only reason I could see Invertigo going is due to maintenance issues, the ride typically does pretty well ridership wise even though it's at a dead end of the park. And that's not to say that the maintenance issues may not be there due to how much Invertigo seems to be down. I don't think removing it just to put a Giga in is worth it.

• Like 2

Lol, I could care less, simmer down there buddy, it's roller coasters not that big of a deal and I don't believe I was acting like I was stressed out about it, just having a conversation, sorry you can't communicate with someone with a different opinion than your's in a respectful manner, have a good night.

• Like 1

Umm I must have missed something. I am pretty sure you came off that way with that " Your opinion may not be the same as Kings Island's" comment haha. :lol: We are just in here speculating. It was just  an idea of where I think a giga can fit. No sense of getting upset that I painted over Invertigo. Its actually still there if you go look! Then I also have no idea where you got this - "sorry you can't communicate with someone with a different opinion than your's in a respectful manner, have a good night. " haha That makes no sense because I do not see where I wasn't being "respectful"?

Anyway back to the speculation!. I like the idea of having that enormous hill at the front of the park ( per my drawing). I would sacrifice a boomerang for that! What a view.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Ummmm when we getting that Taco Bell again??  And yeah Invertigo is the ride you go ride, because... who knows lol. Congo falls, is a true family ride that the whole family can ride together and should never leave!  But the giga in the front would be awesome.. pulling up to the park and seeing a 379 foot hill would get ya excited everytime 

• Like 2

If you look back I have also done concepts back there as well. Today I just picked that spot. Just speculating if they did get rid of the Boomerang, they could use that spot and have the coaster wrap around The Bat. View to the right  going up the hill would be nice and forward. Plus if they made it 379' I wouldn't care where it was. I just want that in my life now!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Or how about they theme it to fireflies and make it go out into the woods. Like call it Night Flyer. I've seen a bunch of fireflies while on The Beast and I think a firefly theme would fit for a secluded wooded area (like in the Dino's Alive area.)

What about during the day? Let's take a day time ride on Night Flyer! The theming of fireflies wouldn't do well during day time, who would see them blink? 

28 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I think Congo Falls is on the chopping block. Not too many people ride it and those Intamin boat falls rides are starting to leave. So I think Congo Falls is on it's way out as well. Not sure on Invertigo since I like how it looks at the front of the park.

Ironically,  a bunch of folks were riding it on Saturday and it wasn't that warm, it was overcast and even rained. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, chugh43 said:

What about during the day? Let's take a day time ride on Night Flyer! The theming of fireflies wouldn't do well during day time, who would see them blink? 

Ironically,  a bunch of folks were riding it on Saturday and it wasn't that warm, it was overcast and even rained. 

Speaking of chopping blocks, why was DA removed at this park only? Was it due to separate contracts?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, gforce1994 said:

Speaking of chopping blocks, why was DA removed at this park only? Was it due to separate contracts?

KI was the first DA and it's contract ended first. 

I have heard rumors from various folks in and out of the industry saying that the remaining DA attractions are on their last year. There was a user on reddit that works at Kings Dominion and with anonymity stated that at the returning associate gathering they were told to visit DA as it would be it's last year there. I semi take it with a grain of salt, being an unverified source, but I honestly wouldn't expect the remaining DA attractions to stay past this year or the following year.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, gforce1994 said:

Kings Island was the first CF park to get DA. So it's the first one to be removed because of the contract. I also think that KI knew that the contract was coming to a close so they probably have plans for the area. 2020 at the earliest since there is no construction right now.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, chugh43 said:

This is the same chain that named a ride Nighthawk and painted it sunshine yellow and blue. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

18 hours ago, dtk1378 said:

Lol, I could care less, simmer down there buddy, it's roller coasters not that big of a deal and I don't believe I was acting like I was stressed out about it, just having a conversation, sorry you can't communicate with someone with a different opinion than your's in a respectful manner, have a good night.

So you do care some then :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 4