The Giga Speculation Thread

SonofBaconator

** Double Post**

Here is  a concept I just threw together.  Taking out the big tan box and making a path back into the woods.. I have a color coded system  that uses the following

Bright green is grass

Dark green are trees ( that have never been removed).

Gray is midway / path.

Blue is Water.

The ref F is for flat ride.

I didn't put in but there could also be restrooms and food.

I give you "Avalanche"

Capture 12.png

On 5/7/2018 at 12:31 PM, kirbias1 said:

Yeah, makes no sense since KI is one their best parks in terms of attendance. Carowinds is only around 2 million per year in attendance, where KI is well over 3 million. How is KI not mentioned?

I think because KI’s Numbers have stayed around 3 million or a little over. KI’s Numbers didn’t jump like Carowinds Numbers did after they installed Intimidator & Fury. Carowinds have also sustained those numbers. When KI installed Banshee the Numbers never really climbed. We’ll probably never know the true effect of what MT Numbers were because we also installed Winterfest that year, which would’ve have spiked the Numbers some. Yea KI def has the higher number of attendance but when you install a 24 million dollar coaster and the numbers don’t jump a lot I see a market that is nearly maxed out. At least I think this is what CF is looking at when planning future investments.

• Like 2

On 5/15/2018 at 11:18 AM, malem said:

^ That coaster could go right next to King James.

So, all I can think of is that "Lebron James" meme/video :lol:

Also, after riding it for the first time on Monday, I think Valravn is amazing! I actually got really sad leaving it yesterday; I just love that ride! if Maverick wasn't so awesome, it would probably be my favorite coaster at Cedar Point*

*Note: Steel Vengeance has not yet been rated :P

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Maverick44 said:

** Double Post**

Here is  a concept I just threw together.  Taking out the big tan box and making a path back into the woods.. I have a color coded system  that uses the following

Bright green is grass

Dark green are trees ( that have never been removed).

Gray is midway / path.

Blue is Water.

The ref F is for flat ride.

I didn't put in but there could also be restrooms and food.

I give you "Avalanche"

Capture 12.png

As much as that looks cool, I'm not sure if they'd put the station that far into the woods. Usually Cedar Fair likes putting their entrance/station areas on the midway.

Also putting a tall

coaster like that right next to Beast would really kill the isolated feeling of it going through the woods. That’s one of the main reasons I prefer it going over by Coney/X-Base. That would also balance the major rides better. Rivertown already has Beast (the park’s iconic coaster), Diamondback (the current tallest and one the major recent additions), and Mystic Timbers (the newest coaster). The only really big draw outside of Rivertown is Banshee for something newer and major. Vortex, Racer, etc are great but for the big crowd draws those 4 are he big ones and 3 are already in the same area.

1 hour ago, Maverick44 said:

Blue = water haha I was just adding something in there. CP got rid of it and it could be something cool to add idk?

Oh  Swan Boats.  :rolleyes:

23 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

As much as that looks cool, I'm not sure if they'd put the station that far into the woods. Usually Cedar Fair likes putting their entrance/station areas on the midway.

Except for X Base.  :D

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BuckeyeBond said:

I think because KI’s Numbers have stayed around 3 million or a little over. KI’s Numbers didn’t jump like Carowinds Numbers did after they installed Intimidator & Fury. Carowinds have also sustained those numbers. When KI installed Banshee the Numbers never really climbed. We’ll probably never know the true effect of what MT Numbers were because we also installed Winterfest that year, which would’ve have spiked the Numbers some. Yea KI def has the higher number of attendance but when you install a 24 million dollar coaster and the numbers don’t jump a lot I see a market that is nearly maxed out. At least I think this is what CF is looking at when planning future investments.

I don't think Canada's Wonderland's attendance jumped a lot after they built Behemoth and Leviathan either, yet they are about to get what looks to be, a huge dive coaster. Don has mentioned on multiple occasions that KI will continue to build world class rides. Just hard to believe KI doesn't get more love from CF top management, considering it is one the top ranked amusement parks in the US.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BuckeyeBond said:

I completely agree with your logic on this. I didn't know these statistics, but if these are accurate, I think this is very logical.

Obviously we will continue to get coasters, but the frequency of these coasters may not be as high as other parks. It's all about money!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, kirbias1 said:

I don't think Canada's Wonderland's attendance jumped a lot after they built Behemoth and Leviathan either, yet they are about to get what looks to be, a huge dive coaster. Don has mentioned on multiple occasions that KI will continue to build world class rides. Just hard to believe KI doesn't get more love from CF top management, considering it is one the top ranked amusement parks in the US.

I think KI gets plenty of love from corporate:  Two major coasters in three years and an extended Winterfest season.  I'm pretty happy with that kind of love.

• Like 5

Indeed, this notion that KI doesn't get enough love for corporate or that Banshee wasn't a hit is bizarre..  If Banshee wasn't a hit and they were focusing on other parks afterwards why did we get a big investment in 2017?  Mystic Timbers,  Island Smokehouse and Winterfest is not cheap I'd be guessing.  While we didn't get a ride in 2018, we had plenty of new infrastructure upgrades,  new Coney BBQ, and a new light show on International Street,  I'll take it!   Not that I'm trying make the season go by faster, but it'll be nice to see what's new for 2019 that continues to debunk this feeling. 

• Like 4

My current 6 year plan has sorta changed.

2019 - Planet Snoopy Expansion along with more Coke freestyle stations.

2020 - Flat Ride Package/2021 hype

2021 - B&M giga replacing Dinosaur's alive connecting CM to Xbase and Xbase to Oktoberfest

2022 - Off year - New food stand, and new restrooms on the left side of FOF on the path that connects Xbase to Oktoberfest also the removal of Invertigo and Congo Falls at the end of the season

2023 - Soak City Expansion/2024 hype

2024 - B&M launched Floorless (think a floorless version of Hulk at Universal, but a different layout, but similar concept) replacing Invertigo and Congo Falls to spruce up the left corner of AZ.

14 hours ago, purdude86 said:

Also putting a tall

coaster like that right next to Beast would really kill the isolated feeling of it going through the woods. That’s one of the main reasons I prefer it going over by Coney/X-Base. That would also balance the major rides better. Rivertown already has Beast (the park’s iconic coaster), Diamondback (the current tallest and one the major recent additions), and Mystic Timbers (the newest coaster). The only really big draw outside of Rivertown is Banshee for something newer and major. Vortex, Racer, etc are great but for the big crowd draws those 4 are he big ones and 3 are already in the same area.

Yeah...its come to the point of us trying to place a giga in the craziest places. We know what spots need love and what. I am just using my imagination with these at this point.

15 hours ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

My current 6 year plan has sorta changed.

2019 - Planet Snoopy Expansion along with more Coke freestyle stations.

2020 - Flat Ride Package/2021 hype

2021 - B&M giga replacing Dinosaur's alive connecting CM to Xbase and Xbase to Oktoberfest

2022 - Off year - New food stand, and new restrooms on the left side of FOF on the path that connects Xbase to Oktoberfest also the removal of Invertigo and Congo Falls at the end of the season

2023 - Soak City Expansion/2024 hype

2024 - B&M launched Floorless (think a floorless version of Hulk at Universal, but a different layout, but similar concept) replacing Invertigo and Congo Falls to spruce up the left corner of AZ.

Everything seems like it could happen,except for the 2024 things,KI probably wouldn’t take down Invertigo,Congo falls though,might be taken down,I think they should clear the area to the left of Invertigo(all of the trees)and build a new coaster or attraction.

• Like 1

So, I have a new request... if/when we get the Giga, can it have at least one vertical drop? KI has no coasters that have a vertical drop. The steepest are on Banshee and Diamondback. After riding Valravn and Steel Vengeance (also Maverick, Wicked Twister and Dragster), I feel like we need some type of vertical drop (and Drop Tower doesn't count :P).

EDIT: Also, a cool color scheme would be nice.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1