The Giga Speculation Thread

SonofBaconator

Its time again...... Haha * Remember this is just for fun and I do not think this will really happen haha.

I am using old DA area an making a new midway with restrooms and Tiq's  with games and flats. Taking this midway all the way around racer and removing action theater. I forgot to put in the new storage sheds and maint sheds. those could be place to the right and above the cars. Added a large pond to the new midway and also a small pond in the former AT queue line area.

Light green = grass

Dark green = Trees and or trees that have never been removed

Light blue  = Water.

Then we have KI's version of  "Patriot".

320'

99mph

yaaay!!!!

Capture 13.png

16 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

Its time again...... Haha * Remember this is just for fun and I do not think this will really happen haha.

I am using old DA area an making a new midway with restrooms and Tiq's  with games and flats. Taking this midway all the way around racer and removing action theater. I forgot to put in the new storage sheds and maint sheds. those could be place to the right and above the cars. Added a large pond to the new midway and also a small pond in the former AT queue line area.

Light green = grass

Dark green = Trees and or trees that have never been removed

Light blue  = Water.

Then we have KI's version of  "Patriot".

320'

99mph

yaaay!!!!

Capture 13.png

Neat concept. Imo it should be taller and faster than Fury 325.

18 minutes ago, Tera Ryzing said:

Still, your still dropping 9.8 m/s squared.

Actually, since we're talking about height and speed in the U.S. measurement system, it would be better to say 32.2 ft/s2. One of the things I learned in the basic physics course I just finished is to never mix measurement systems. :)

EDIT: Also, you have to account for friction, both with the air and rolling friction on the track. So the actual acceleration is less than 32.2 ft/s2.

Also, you're not taking into account friction and resistances between a bunch of different materials grinding together.  Also the coaster doesn't spend the entire drop at a 90 degree angle of decent.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tera Ryzing said:

the roughness of the parks b&m's.

Really? Just really? Do you enjoy doing this type of stuff? You may be one of the softest people on Earth if you think the park B&M's are soft.

Keep in mind, once again, this is about speculating the next giga. Hence, the name of the thread. Not a thread for talking about B&M coasters being "rough".

• Like 5

35 minutes ago, JubJester said:

Really? Just really? Do you enjoy doing this type of stuff? You may be one of the softest people on Earth if you think the park B&M's are soft.

Keep in mind, once again, this is about speculating the next giga. Hence, the name of the thread. Not a thread for talking about B&M coasters being "rough".

If you look at the last page we were discussing gravity, friction, etc.  So yes it is on topic.

7 minutes ago, Tera Ryzing said:

If you look at the last page we were discussing gravity, friction, etc.  So yes it is on topic.

Look again. Gravity and friction were being discussed in the context of how fast a giga could go at a given height, therefore it was on-topic.

You are discussing your hatred for B&M for the sake of discussing your hatred for B&M. Ergo, off-topic.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Tera Ryzing said:

my apologies.  I figured if the train was shuffling it would shrug off speed.

Attempting to turn the conversation into a debate about B&M versus other manufacturers is off-topic for this thread, no matter what justification you use to do it. You've been asked to keep it on-topic here.

• Like 7