The Giga Speculation Thread

SonofBaconator

Source? Who "reported" it? And, unless Mr. Schied prefers to be called Mr. Schied or Greg Schied? Your post sounds slightly disrespectful.

So apparently according to reports, Schied and others were at the park today looking at the area around Dinosaurs Alive.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jtro223 said:

Source? Who "reported" it? And, unless Mr. Schied prefers to be called Mr. Schied or Greg Schied? Your post sounds slightly disrespectful.

Well, there was a photo posted that got deleted. And the post was not meant with any disrespect, as I was simply reporting facts.

• Like 2

I interpreted your wording as if you had a source. If I recall correctly, Mr. Schied still works in an office at KI, so being on site would not be a surprise. And my first response could not be edited on mobile but the intent was to say something to the effect of "unless Mr Schied prefers to be called by just his last name." In the same vane of when someone calls the President by just their last name instead of President **** vs ****.

Well, there was a photo posted that got deleted. And the post was not meant with any disrespect, as I was simply reporting facts.

10 hours ago, gforce1994 said:

Well, there was a photo posted that got deleted.

To answers others questions. This thread was cleaned up. We are not going to post a picture of someone (who did not know a picture was taken of them, and we do not know the source of the picture) and guess who this person is. As @jtro223 mentioned, we want to be respectful of CF employees and their guests.

Now, back to cool Giga layouts and Giga speculating.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, jtro223 said:

I am pretty confident it is Scheid anyways.  I think multiple people are spelling his last name wrong.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Oldschool75 said:

So by that logic, all photos taken at Kings Island that contains anyone in them that are not the subject, needs to be deleted from KIC? Is this correct? Just asking to clarify.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not at all. See my reasoning in my post "we do not know the source of the picture"

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Tera Ryzing said:

Interesting video.  I feel the guy is spot on.

That's Ryan from Canada Coaster Fan. RMC Trex giga would be interesting, but I'm not sure if RMC would be willing to jump right to a giga not too long after building their first hyper (Steel Vengeance). My theory right now is that Fred Grubb was in Ohio because of SV problems so he took a break and went to KI and talked with Greg Scheid about a possible future RMC project for KI. I don't think the RMC is for the next coaster though. KI did something similar with GCI. I don't 100% know the source, but someone said that Greg Scheid told them that they started talking with GCI not too long after Prowler beat out Diamondback for best new ride for 2009. Right now I'm predicting the giga to come in 2021 and then we get a topper track woodie in the back of coney mall in 2024 using the old Action Theatre as a station. Imo the topper track fits the best at KI since KI likes have a big wooden coaster collection and they'll probably want to add more woodies to their collection. I think if they were to do a topper track that they should shoot for the tallest and fastest wooden coaster records so they can have those records once again and they could try and make the woodie big enough to rival Voyage, El Toro, and Lightning Rod. 

• Like 1

Today's giga concept Centurion. Replaces Congo Falls and Timberwolf! The left side of AZ is given an amazing entry plaza with a castle themed station and a kingdom themed queue. In the queue there is water wheels like what you can find in a Kingdom as well as torches on the lift hill as the lift hill lights. Torches are also on the station walls and are lights in the queue. 

IMG_20180529_163243_008.jpg

9 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

I’ve been sick the past couple days. Sorry for not pasting any concepts in a while. Should feel good tomorrow! Hope everyone has a good holiday weekend!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hope you feel better! You must not feel good considering the holiday weekend has come and gone. Did you totally miss out?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Today's giga concept Centurion. Replaces Congo Falls and Timberwolf! The left side of AZ is given an amazing entry plaza with a castle themed station and a kingdom themed queue. In the queue there is water wheels like what you can find in a Kingdom as well as torches on the lift hill as the lift hill lights. Torches are also on the station walls and are lights in the queue. 

IMG_20180529_163243_008.jpg

With a retheme of Action Zone, I could really get into this theme.  No so much the name Centurion, but the castle.  After all, it is Kings Island.  We need a castle, LOL.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, jtro223 said:

With a retheme of Action Zone, I could really get into this theme.  No so much the name Centurion, but the castle.  After all, it is Kings Island.  We need a castle, LOL.

I've always thought about making that section of the park into a Monster themed area. Or something like it. You got Banshee, you got Bat, I'd like to see what would happen if KI kept going in that direction.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, jtro223 said:

Image result for centurion stone

Photo found on this site https://centurionstoneofiowa.com/product/stack-smoothgray-2-2/ Full credit to them.

This stone is called Centurion stone. That would be perfect stone for in the station and queue as well as the entry plaza. Centurion is the commander of an army and the station and queue area could be the Centurion's palace. The slogan of the ride could be similar to outlaw run's slogan, but instead of "The good guys always win" we could do "Everyone wins in this war." Or they could do what they did with MT with the "ride into the unknown" thing and do "Control your own army."

A KI giga made by anyone other than B&M would be a mistake of epic proportions.

RMC coasters would probably bring a more "thrilling" coaster, but you have the following major drawbacks:

• much lower capacity - 24 seat trains (vs. 32 for a B&M)
  • much slower loading due to the design of the trains and restraints.  I've yet to see ANY RMC coaster load and dispatch quickly
  • more guests will be turned away because of the more restrictive restraints
  • way more downtime.  I've ridden 8 RMCs thus far and have experienced downtime of some kind at 7 of them.  Ask Cedar Point reps how they feel about their RMC right now

I'm not even going to discuss the possibility of an Intamin since there's an almost zero percent chance of that happening.  They still haven't figured out how to make good restraints!

Kings Island is not going to spend $30 million (or more) on a new attraction without knowing EXACTLY what they're getting.  Cedar Fair B&M hyper installations have all been fantastic and have been very popular with park guests.  More importantly, B&M coasters are good financial investments for the parks.  RMC coasters cost as much now as new B&Ms and come with way more headaches.  Mack hasn't gone anywhere near 300 feet yet.  Kings Island knows that if they're going to install sometime of this magnitude that they absolutely, positively, have to get it right.  Kings Island won't overthink this.

• Like 5
  • Sad 2