The Giga Speculation Thread

SonofBaconator

**Sorry for the double post**

This is my concept of a giga in Oktoberfest. The coaster goes overtop of Adventure Express. I give you Longhorn. The station and queue would be amazing! For example, has anyone ever been to a steakhouse where they have those chandeliers of antlers? Those would be awesome in the station and on the walls of the station and in the queue, they could have those long horn animals sticking out of the wall. Here is longhorn.

IMG_20180607_143351_549.jpg

IMG_20180607_143351_548.jpg

• Like 2

I like that idea. I just think it would be wat crowded there ( ride wise). They have space to use and not needing to place rides over top others. I could see a  small midway leading back closer to FoF for an entrance.

1 hour ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

**Sorry for the double post**

This is my concept of a giga in Oktoberfest. The coaster goes overtop of Adventure Express. I give you Longhorn. The station and queue would be amazing! For example, has anyone ever been to a steakhouse where they have those chandeliers of antlers? Those would be awesome in the station and on the walls of the station and in the queue, they could have those long horn animals sticking out of the wall. Here is longhorn.

Kinda the idea I had at one point. It would help open that area up some. After thinking about it, I think opening that area up for some flats would be better. 

But Longhorn screams Rivertown to me. Old west = cattle bones, skulls/horns.

I do like the layout in Oktoberfest. Maybe give it a nice german name like BGW did with Alpengeist. 

KI's Oktoberfest had Der Spinnig Keggers, Tumble Bug, Bavarian Beetle, Bayern Curve and Flying Dutchman. I'm not very good with naming conventions but maybe someone could incorporate all of these names into one awesome/mean name for the Giga.

5 hours ago, KingsMills79 said:

But Longhorn screams Rivertown to me. Old west = cattle bones, skulls/horns.

I do like the layout in Oktoberfest. Maybe give it a nice german name like BGW did with Alpengeist. 

KI's Oktoberfest had Der Spinnig Keggers, Tumble Bug, Bavarian Beetle, Bayern Curve and Flying Dutchman. I'm not very good with naming conventions but maybe someone could incorporate all of these names into one awesome/mean name for the Giga.

Bavarian Bug, Bavarian Dutchman, or Bayern Revenge.

1 hour ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

The GM even said at Coasterstock that the old Dino's area isn't planned for anything major.

He said the same thing in my KIC interview with him at the end of last season.

My post was for the ones who believed construction was starting there on opening day.

1 hour ago, silver2005 said:

No disobeying the 11th Commandment please. ;) 

Don't worry. The 11th commandment won't be broken. Adventure Express would remain operational. The giga would go over top of it. With a giga, all you have to do is have the poles and they aren't that big of a deal. They have space there they can put the supports that would keep Adventure Express operational.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, CoasterXtreme said:

I really foresee this Giga going across the front of the park and KI getting a new gate! 

The past CEO (who is now on the board at CF) said he did not want to touch our front gate, but new blood is in the seat and things could change.

• Like 2

On the contrary, I love our current entrance. As you approach you see hints of rides sticking out above, giving clues about what is to come, but when you walk through you are suddenly bathed in the majestic splendor of International Street, with the Eiffel Tower straight ahead. It's as if you pass from one world to another on entering the park. It's a wonderful first impression that reminds me of the Magic Kingdom entrance as you pass under the train station. I would be sad to see it replaced with a coaster.

• Like 5

58 minutes ago, jcgoble3 said:

On the contrary, I love our current entrance. As you approach you see hints of rides sticking out above, giving clues about what is to come, but when you walk through you are suddenly bathed in the majestic splendor of International Street, with the Eiffel Tower straight ahead. It's as if you pass from one world to another on entering the park. It's a wonderful first impression that reminds me of the Magic Kingdom entrance as you pass under the train station. I would be sad to see it replaced with a coaster.

It’s old and needs updated, even the mouse updates things! 

I do not want to see the entrance messed with, it works the way it was designed.  No coaster in front of the park, not every Cedar Fair park needs to be the same and be like Cedar Point.  Would the Magic Kingdom put a roller coaster in the front entrance of Magic Kingdom?  No..  I would be walking up to the front of the park asking myself "Where am I??  This isn't Kings Island"...

• Like 1

Agreed. And Disney does updating too but for the most part the entrance and Main Street up to the castle his remained mostly untouched since opening. Changes made have mostly been infrastructure upgrades and shops/food, but the overall aesthetic has remained unchanged.

I'd be ok if they spruced up the appearance a bit, but kept the overall feel of the large structure that you pass under and enter into International Street and have everything envelop you at once.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BlondyRidesOn said:

What if they spruced up the current front entrance structure, with the International Restaurant still in place?

I think a change in color to match the toll plaza would be nice. Also, doing something with the roofing on the side of the building. That to me could be changed to something more pleasing to the eye. I do like the mystery it creates by hiding IS and ET.

Where is @Hawaiian Coasters 325 and @Maverick44 with their Giga creations? 

• Like 1

Speaking of entrances, I love going under that service road tunnel to get to The Bat and how it just pops out at you once you get to the other side! :D

More on topic, I ordered RCT2 from Amazon last night so I should finally be able to create my Giga concept within the week (for those that don't know, my disk is cracked and that makes the game freeze, hence why I had to get a new game)!

• Like 2

How about they put a new advertisement screen on the front of the current entrance building. It would still keep the KI feel, but it would be a little more pleasing.

3 hours ago, MDMC01 said:

Speaking of entrances, I love going under that service road tunnel to get to The Bat and how it just pops out at you once you get to the other side! :D

More on topic, I ordered RCT2 from Amazon last night so I should finally be able to create my Giga concept within the week (for those that don't know, my disk is cracked and that makes the game freeze, hence why I had to get a new game)!

I agree. It is kinda fun to go under there. SOB used to do the same. It's imo a lot better when it's getting dark and the lights start coming on and it's like you are at a summer camp.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, MDMC01 said:

You should look into Open RCT2. As long as RCT2 is installed it will work without a disk. It also has a lot of tools and cheats to make things easier/possible that aren't in the original game.

• Like 2