The Giga Speculation Thread

SonofBaconator

I think that the Kings Island giga should have a queue line similar to Maverick where it's almost like you are inside a building under a roof offering shade which would be great on hot and sunny days. They could theme the queue very well especially if they go with something along the lines of Xbase (like Power Force or something like that). 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, matt112986 said:

You should look into Open RCT2. As long as RCT2 is installed it will work without a disk. It also has a lot of tools and cheats to make things easier/possible that aren't in the original game.

Oh, I've used Open RCT2 and I love it. I don't remember if I've used a disk with it, but I'll try to play without one (However, I may have to re-install it as its files are in different places on my computer...)

EDIT: So, I moved all the Open RCT2 files into the same folder and now it works!!! :D

• Like 1

The Bat after dark is great! I got 2 Night Rides on it Sunday night and it ran great!

My first ride on The Bat ever was at night this past weekend. It was freaking amazing! I was surprised by how fast it felt, I was honestly kinda scared lol. And the walk through the queue really helped with my step goal
  • Like 2

Did someone say Giga?

Ok, so I finally made my Giga creation... I was originally going to call it Colecanth, but that name seems too peaceful for this ride... so I now give you: Sea Predator!

Sea Predator.png

EDIT: Stats are as follows: 308 ft. Drop, Top Speed- 103 MPH, Ride Time, 2:55, 11.67 seconds of airtime, 8,879 ft of track

No MCBR and yes that is a vertical drop! Also, for those who can't tell, the track is Dark Blue with Black Rails and Dark Brown supports... trains are  Orange, Green and Blue

I'm actually not sure... I just made a Giga 'cause @IndyGuy4KI wanted to see our designs... :lol:

Now that I'm thinking about it, maybe it could be where Dinos was, the ride entrance being close to Firehawk's final turn/breakrun and lift going the direction of Action Theatre (like, the turn out of the station would go left and then up the lift) However, if they really wanted it to work, I think the best option would be to mirror my layout so that the "twisty" section is behind and to the right of Action Theatre (and therefore have a right turn out of the station).

26 minutes ago, SonofBaconator said:

@Hawaiian Coasters 325 I do not mean to ridicule your concepts but you should take a page out of @Thrill_Biscuit 's book instead of just using windows paint :)

The cool thing about MS Paint is how we can quickly overlay track ideas onto map images and submit them without losing pace with the conversation. Even I can't keep up sometimes, given the passion this community has for coaster innovations :D Sometimes I'll pull out PowerPoint, draw up a nice, 3D-looking thing, and by the time I post it, we've moved on to other areas; in those cases, Paint is your friend!

@Hawaiian Coasters 325 your designs are pretty awesome, esp. the tunnel elements.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Thrill_Biscuit said:

The cool thing about MS Paint is how we can quickly overlay track ideas onto map images and submit them without losing pace with the conversation. Even I can't keep up sometimes, given the passion this community has for coaster innovations :D Sometimes I'll pull out PowerPoint, draw up a nice, 3D-looking thing, and by the time I post it, we've moved on to other areas; in those cases, Paint is your friend!

@Hawaiian Coasters 325 your designs are pretty awesome, esp. the tunnel elements.

I end up using the highlight tool on PowerPoint, like what I did for Firehawk

XBase concept.png

• Like 1

On 6/14/2018 at 10:11 AM, MDMC01 said:

Did someone say Giga?

Ok, so I finally made my Giga creation... I was originally going to call it Colecanth, but that name seems too peaceful for this ride... so I now give you: Sea Predator!

Sea Predator.png

EDIT: Stats are as follows: 308 ft. Drop, Top Speed- 103 MPH, Ride Time, 2:55, 11.67 seconds of airtime, 8,879 ft of track

No MCBR and yes that is a vertical drop! Also, for those who can't tell, the track is Dark Blue with Black Rails and Dark Brown supports... trains are  Orange, Green and Blue

Holy broken neck Batman!

Here is something I threw together. If we see a Giga in the back of the park, I think they will probably set up the station in a configuration close to this. 

RMC_Trex.png

• Like 1

I made this idea for the empty plot of land between AE and FOF. This new area is an Xbase expansion. This would include a new grab and go restaurant, a seating area (like what Banshee's plaza has), the new Power Force giga coaster, a new Xbase entrance where the latter game is, and new theming on the ground. The old FOF picture area would be converted into restrooms.

IMG_20180617_183242_613.jpg

• Like 3

On ‎6‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 9:47 AM, IndyGuy4KI said:

I think a change in color to match the toll plaza would be nice. Also, doing something with the roofing on the side of the building. That to me could be changed to something more pleasing to the eye. I do like the mystery it creates by hiding IS and ET.

Where is @Hawaiian Coasters 325 and @Maverick44 with their Giga creations? 

Sorry guys! I was on vacation all last week. I am back now! haha

44 minutes ago, flightoffear1996 said:

How long are these coasters?  Seems like some of them would have be like 12,000ft or more.

Many would also be 500+ feet tall and kill you on the first turn, I don't think they're too worried about the details. 

• Haha 1

Yeah I think mainly I am just placing these is the locations we could see a giga in. I have no idea how tall / engineering factors play in. Haha If I did....I'd be working for a coaster mfg.  Pay no attention to the sheer size or scale of my concepts. Mine are mainly  for locations.

• Like 1