The Giga Speculation Thread

SonofBaconator

"The Strata Speculation Thread"

If only. Honestly, TTD is my favorite ride at CP. At least when its running properly.

I'd love to see something like SV though. Such an airtime machine.  

On edit: Should have mentioned, I really didn't enjoy Millinium Force(less) that much. 

2 hours ago, sixohdieselrage said:

If only. Honestly, TTD is my favorite ride at CP. At least when its running properly.

On edit: Should have mentioned, I really didn't enjoy Millinium Force(less) that much. 

You are CRAY for saying such things about Mill Force.<_<

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, sixohdieselrage said:

G forces are measurable and not a matter of opinion. Millennium Force pulls 4.5 G, likely on the first turn and has a decent duration. I've never understood this insult, you may not care for the ride but to suggest it doesn't have both decent positive and negative g forces is false. For a little reference Diamondback pulls a max of 4.2 and going above 5 for more than a few seconds can result in a blackout. Speaking of Diamondback it's a ride built on having zero g forces as much as possible, which turns out to be really fun too. Not liking the coaster is a valid opinion, but any lack of force is merely perception. How anyone could not perceive 4.5 G is beyond me. In summation - :P

• Like 4

2 hours ago, matt112986 said:

G forces are measurable and not a matter of opinion. Millennium Force pulls 4.5 G, likely on the first turn and has a decent duration. I've never understood this insult, you may not care for the ride but to suggest it doesn't have both decent positive and negative g forces is false. For a little reference Diamondback pulls a max of 4.2 and going above 5 for more than a few seconds can result in a blackout. Speaking of Diamondback it's a ride built on having zero g forces as much as possible, which turns out to be really fun too. Not liking the coaster is a valid opinion, but any lack of force is merely perception. How anyone could not perceive 4.5 G is beyond me. In summation - :P

Honestly, after riding SV, nothing is really that "forceful". I feel the same about FoF's launch after riding on TTD. It's just what I got adjusted to. And to be fair, getting hit with so many dang Mayflies may be one reason I didn't enjoy it. I'm giving it another chance when I go back up mid July. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Maverick44 said:

:PI mean come on man...…. The first coaster to go over 300 feet. Classic.

Its only a matter of time until SV is no longer the most exciting ride to grace a Cedar Fair park or any park for that matter.

I agree on both fronts: MF is not as forceful as I'd like (but that ejector on the last bunny hill, though...), but at the same time, it's cool-looking, it's fast, and it's a decent ride. Also, the theme of the ride and the below video cause me to show it love.

B)

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, flightoffear1996 said:

Hard to believe the ride we got in 2000 is already gone.  

Yes it is... if you are looking for your Y2K coaster fix, try The Legend at Holiday World; it bears some similarities to Son of Beast. Or if you're looking for some more height, try the Voyage. :D

• Like 1

On 6/27/2018 at 2:04 PM, Maverick44 said:

I wanna get to Holiday world so bad!

@Hawaiian Coasters 325 Where is your PS or RT giga? lol

I'm sorry, I was at a convention in Indianapolis. 

I have a Rivertown giga here opening up a new part of Rivertown. It would require the removal of the theatre and picnic Grove. I think picnic Grove would get relocated. There would also be a new pathway that would go over the traintracks, and through Mystic Timbers structure to connect to the other side of Rivertown. I give you Lumber Force.

2018-06-29_17.33.42.jpg

• Like 2