The Giga Speculation Thread

SonofBaconator

Idea for @Maverick44 and/or @Hawaiian Coasters 325:

Remove Vortex. Put the station and queue near where Vortex's is now. Lift hill over Coney Mall, dropping down into the old Dinosaurs Alive area, where it dives down into the trees and then comes back up above the canopy. Return track comes back over Coney Mall and does a few things (maybe a helix; I dunno what else) in the old Vortex area before entering the brake run.

Alternative options:

• Replace the lift hill with a launch, elevated over Coney Mall.
  • Do a pre-lift inversion in The Vortex area! Wouldn't that be cool? The terrain in The Vortex area is definitely low enough relative to the midway to support such a thing.
  • Or combine the two: a drop out of the station into an inversion, before reaching the launch track which shoots upward at an angle. Has that combination ever been done before?
  • Like 4

@jcgoble3 I have used one of your ideas and took out Vortex ( and also WindSeeker just cuz I wanted too). I have placed a corkscrew in the same area The Vortex's corkscrews were. Its a pre-Lift inversion with the lift hill going over The Racer. Main part of coaster in the former DA area and comes back under The Racer via tunnel. Then does an nice lap around the old Vortex area before heading back to the station. I will next try the launch hill but before that I give you " Stinger".

Stinger.png

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

@jcgoble3 I have used one of your ideas and took out Vortex ( and also WindSeeker just cuz I wanted too). I have placed a corkscrew in the same area The Vortex's corkscrews were. Its a pre-Lift inversion with the lift hill going over The Racer. Main part of coaster in the former DA area and comes back under The Racer via tunnel. Then does an nice lap around the old Vortex area before heading back to the station. I will next try the launch hill but before that I give you " Stinger".

Stinger.png

Nice! I don't mind the loss of WindSeeker either, though @VortexBFForever will probably be extra mad at you for taking out BOTH of the rides she works at. :P

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, VortexBFForever said:

^^Good thing this is just speculation and not what will ACTUALLY happen, thank you very much. :) 

And @Maverick44, I would be glad to run “Stinger” once my period of mourning for Vortex AND WindSeeker passes...which will take a LONG time. So...again, I’m so glad this is just speculation! :lol: 

WindSeeker just needs to be in a different part of the park, and please dont get rid of Vortex I love that ride!! :D 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, VortexBFForever said:

^^Good thing this is just speculation and not what will ACTUALLY happen, thank you very much. :) 

And @Maverick44, I would be glad to run “Stinger” once my period of mourning for Vortex AND WindSeeker passes...which will take a LONG time. So...again, I’m so glad this is just speculation! :lol: 

I mean to state that WindSeeker would just be moved to the new xbase expansion!

• Like 1

** Double Post Alert**

I tried another one of @jcgoble3 's request. I removed BLSC and placed the station there. The coaster will go up a small hill maybe 50 feet You can see gray dots for the cable lift. Then stop on the black dots (breaks). Ths coaster will launch using the LSM launch as you can see with white dots. It looks a lot taller and bigger but its just so I can see what I am doing haha. It will launch over Coney Mall  and into the old DA area. I added a cobra roll  just cuz I like Cobra's haha. There is also a complete loop.  There is also a launch tunnel in the styles of Maverick. Yaaay! I tried at least.....don't laugh :lol:

I give you "People Eater"

People Eater.png

• Like 3

On 7/23/2018 at 8:36 AM, Maverick44 said:

I would of went with a Reds coaster but at the moment, I feel the Bengals are a better team. The reds are pretty darn bad.

Third best team since June 1st I saw mentioned on TV. They're not bad, man. They were until May. Not now.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Beat the indians two games out of three:ph34r:. Indians are in the worst division in baseball. See my first post, again.

Let's get this thread on track. Which way would you have the giga facing? I'd love to see it facing the river, so when you're facing the park you can see the train climbing the hill.

• Like 1

given that the Son of Beast was the first wooden hyper out there would it be too crazy that they could be planning the first hybrid giga? I'm sure this idea is far off but hey it is a speculation thread!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Codyfryguy said:

given that the Son of Beast was the first wooden hyper out there would it be too crazy that they could be planning the first hybrid giga? I'm sure this idea is far off but hey it is a speculation thread!

Right! Im excited!

6 hours ago, Codyfryguy said:

Just as long as if RMC does it, it doesnt have the same problems as Steel Vengeance and Twisted Timbers. :ph34r:

I’d be a nervous wreck getting on a 300+ wooden structure. Lol Steel Vengeance is amazing but the way that structure moves it’s a little uneasy lol I’ll still keeping getting on don’t worry!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

No park would want to deal with the upkeep of a wooden coaster that large.  Even El Toro has some rough spots with the pre-fab track. 

Personally, I don't think wood coasters should get even close to hyper style stats, let alone a giga.    

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Maverick44 said:

I’d be a nervous wreck getting on a 300+ wooden structure. Lol Steel Vengeance is amazing but the way that structure moves it’s a little uneasy 

It really is amazing watching it move. I did manage to get some people out of line (making it shorter for me) by commenting on that. :D

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, silver2005 said:

No park would want to deal with the upkeep of a wooden coaster that large.  Even El Toro has some rough spots with the pre-fab track. 

Personally, I don't think wood coasters should get even close to hyper style stats, let alone a giga.    

I agree, the upkeep on Steel Vengeance is tough. I see carpenters constantly inspecting the structure late at night whenever I drive by.