The Giga Speculation Thread

SonofBaconator

10 hours ago, BeastForever said:

I've yet to ride Fury, but its layout looks incredible (a lot better than Leviathan's), and I hope this alleged giga can live up to, if not, exceed Fury's creativity...

I would LOVE to see it include something like this...

Image result for shambhala roller coaster

https://themeparks2015.weebly.com/-top-10-roller-coasters.html

I thought of something like that too! I think it'd be great as the first element after the first drop.

• Like 2

Sorry for the triple post, but I was thinking if they removed Firehawk, they have a decent queue and station. I was thinking they could reuse Firehawk's station and queue for the giga. Definitely would make it into a single loading platform though. Probably would paint the station to fit the coaster. This is the concept I made using Firehawk's station. The name is Mega Force.

2018-09-24_16.18.36.jpg

• Like 3

Hey ladies and gents. I am back with a brand new B&M concept for the suspected coaster. ( I personally think it wont come till 2021)

Anyway.

I give you "Flamethrower".

With the confirmation of a coaster being removed and most thinking it will be Firehawk. I have placed Flamethrower in the area of old DA and Firehawk. I also think they could possibly move all the storage sheds in that area to the area being worked on near GWL  and where the dorms may go.  I also added restrooms to the other side of FoF.  I am sure there could be food stand and other things in the grand entrance to Flamethrower.

Enjoy!

Flamethrower.png

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Maverick44 said:

Hey ladies and gents. I am back with a brand new B&M concept for the suspected coaster. ( I personally think it wont come till 2021)

Anyway.

With the confirmation of a coaster being removed and most thinking it will be Firehawk. I have placed Flamethrower in the area of old DA and Firehawk. I also think they could possibly move all the storage sheds in that area to the area being worked on near GWL  and where the dorms may go.  I also added restrooms to the other side of FoF.  I am sure there could be food stand and other things in the grand entrance to Flamethrower.

Enjoy!

Flamethrower.png

Is that a possible Fountain ERT location  I see there?

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Maverick44 said:

Anyway.

Enjoy!

Flamethrower.png

I would like a food stand plus a nice seating area (like what's on Banshee's entry area) Plus a gift shop building. 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, SonofBaconator said:

Also fits my Cedar Point/ Kings Island 20 years later theory

• Magnum XL-200- 1989/ Diamondback-2009
  • Raptor- 1994/ Banshee- 2014
  • Millennium Force- 2000/ Kings Island Giga-2020

So 2038 is it going to be RMC Beast or Racer? lol

1 hour ago, Maverick44 said:

You are problem right. I would like to see it on the actual point of Cedar Point lol. So this leaked info about B&M 2020. Couldn't that also mean construction could start at the end of 2020 for a 2021 opening? I think CP gets the 2020 coaster / rides.

Except that the docs we've seen are for 2018-2020 Coney Mall Construction. Not 2018-2021 construction. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Maverick44 said:

You are problem right. I would like to see it on the actual point of Cedar Point lol. So this leaked info about B&M 2020. Couldn't that also mean construction could start at the end of 2020 for a 2021 opening? I think CP gets the 2020 coaster / rides.

Cedar Point got three new large coasters over the past five years.

KD got Twisted Timbers this year.

CW and Carowinds getting something for 2019.

2020 is KI's year, without question IMO (and as noted above, the documents specify at as much).

• Like 6

Idk. Im not sold on a coaster coming in 2020. Its not KI's 150 anniversary.  Call me crazy but I think construction could start fall of 2020. It would still need to be on that form we all saw. Just my opinion.

I mean if you count Rougarou as a new coaster then yes. When has that ever stopped CP from adding anything? So really 2 brand new coasters  in that time period. They have said it will be the biggest celebration they have ever had. That makes me think something is coming 2020. I pray for a giga in KI. I am just skeptical on its being 2020. I can see constriction starting fall of 2020 so yes they start building it in 2020 witch needs a permit as well. We don't know if there is a permit for 2021 but there could be and it didn't get leaked. You may be right but you also could be wrong haha. That's why we discuss. that's your opinion. 

• Like 2

On 9/24/2018 at 7:30 PM, Maverick44 said:

Anyway.

Enjoy!

Flamethrower.png

Where are the restrooms? :P

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Maverick44 said:

Idk. Im not sold on a coaster coming in 2020. Its not KI's 150 anniversary.  Call me crazy but I think construction could start fall of 2020. It would still need to be on that form we all saw. Just my opinion.

I mean if you count Rougarou as a new coaster then yes. When has that ever stopped CP from adding anything? So really 2 brand new coasters  in that time period. They have said it will be the biggest celebration they have ever had. That makes me think something is coming 2020. I pray for a giga in KI. I am just skeptical on its being 2020. I can see constriction starting fall of 2020 so yes they start building it in 2020 witch needs a permit as well. We don't know if there is a permit for 2021 but there could be and it didn't get leaked. You may be right but you also could be wrong haha. That's why we discuss. that's your opinion. 

GateKeeper - 2013, Valravn - 2016, Steel Vengeance - 2018

3 coasters over 5 years, (in 6 total seasons).

---

While anniversaries are fun to celebrate and attach sentimental meaning to them, its important to remember that in the context of when parks decide to make major investments, they're basically irrelevant... Parks are going to make investments simply when the time is right. Now, ocasionally it will just so happen that "big" coasters are put in during parks' anniversaries, but I would say these are just coincidences (see I305 for KD's 35th ann.)

Why should CP rush to build yet another big ride/coaster for the year 2020, just because they happened to open in 1870. Let's say they just so happened to open in 1868, 1872, 1905, 1911, or 1946?... Should that have any bearing as to what they should do in 2018-2020?

In KI's situation, why should they wait two more years to put in something that would benefit the park tremendously (a Giga) just because they just so happened to open in 1972? Lets say for some reason instead they opened in 1970? Would that make 2020 "the year"?

Not too long ago, I used to think that anniversaries play a factor in the timing of parks' investments, but the more I thought about, the more I realized that its just not very rational.

-------

The fact that B&M has already been contracted on a document for the years 2018-2020 makes me think their engineers spent this summer surveying the land and developing a design.

If I had to guess, I would say that the design might even be completely finished as we speak, and waiting for final approval (if not, already approved). 

Construction may well very be "officially" starting sooner than we think. I would predict starting Day 1 of KI's offseason, the chainsaws are going to be revved up right away and those trees are going to be dropping like flies!  :D

• Like 5