The Giga Speculation Thread

SonofBaconator

42 minutes ago, LuvingKI said:

Fury and DB both hold 32 passengers. Why would 4 across help load people on faster?

Db seats just seem far better, for not feeling scrunched, being able to put your hands up and not hitting the stranger next to you in the head.

There are less overall rows to check and the trains are shorter.  SFGAdv crews loading Nitro had trains ready to go faster than what Diamondback crews do on their best days, and Nitro has more capacity than Diamondback with a 9th car.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

I kinda like that name " Flamethrower".

How about a giga Maverick. A launch in the middle . Son of maverick . I'd give up awesome seats to be strapped in for a monster maverick!

Just the thought of a Massive Maverkick gives me goosebumps

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, malem said:

That would be Intimidator 305.

I see! Just watched video. My wife and I had thought of going to kings dominion next year, but narrowed it to Canada's Wondwrland or carowinds,  but that looks exciting as well 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Xdog42 said:

I feel like V-Shaped would be a tad faster, but the difference of time probably wouldn't be noticeable. IDK, I feel like B&M will go 4 across since that's what they been doing lately. 

I am not sure about more speed, but it appears the DB trains are easier on the ride ops. With the 4 across, the ride ops have to reach over to check the second seat. 

• Like 2

On 4/19/2018 at 12:23 PM, Codyfryguy said:

What kind of inversion would everyone like to see of it were to happen? My personal favorites are corkscrews and inline twists

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

A 95 FOOT TALL LOOP!!!!!! ;-)

That's a Silver Dollar City/Taylor Bybee reference in case anyone doesn't get it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Skyraider imo is a good name

Skyraider is the official service name of an AD-1 aircraft. It would fit in Xbase because Xbase is basically themed to a flight base. Plus, it could bring back the old jet theming that Kings Island used to have when The Bat when it was Top Gun/Flight Deck. I wonder if they still have some of the old jet theming from that in storage somewhere like the Jets that used to be under the station when it was a queue line under there. 

• Like 2

Imagine a B&M giga named "Legacy of The Beast"

When the best was built, it pushed the limits. It was the longest, tallest, and fastest roller coaster in the world. The Beast became the standard that all other roller coasters were compared to overnight.

To earn this name, the new coaster does not need to be made of wood, but instead simply needs to push the limits in the way The Beast did back in 1979. It needs to set the new benchmark.

Imagine a 335 foot tall coaster (would be the tallest Giga). Imagine this coaster goes into a 135 foot vertical loop (bigger than full throttle, would also be the first inverting Giga). Now imagine this coaster, after a massive airtime hill, dives into a double helix, and then goes low to the group and races through the forest in a series of sharp, intense turns and airtime hills. After a record breaking 8,200 foot track (longest in the world), it arrives back in the station, having re-defined what a coaster can and should be.

This ride would carry on the Legacy of The Beast, and would be worthy of the name.

Of course, this is unlikely to happen, but a guy can dream, right?

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Rifleman said:

Imagine a 335 foot tall coaster (would be the tallest Giga).

Unfortunately Red Force in Spain is the world's tallest Giga at 367 feet tall, as well as the fastest at 112mph. So we probably won't be seeing King's Island get the tallest or fastest Giga. I could see longest happening tho.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JudeHoward said:

Unfortunately Red Force in Spain is the world's tallest Giga at 367 feet tall, as well as the fastest at 112mph. So we probably won't be seeing King's Island get the tallest or fastest Giga. I could see longest happening tho.

Yea, I suppose Red force is technically a Giga, although I honestly put it into the same category as Top Thrill dragster and Kingda Ka. I am not sure what exactly to call that class of ride, but since their ride experience is so much different than what is typically considered  "Giga", It almost does not seem right to compare them.

• Like 1

Just now, Rifleman said:

Yea, I suppose Red force is technically a Giga, although I honestly put it into the same category as Top Thrill dragster and Kingda Ka. I am not sure what exactly to call that class of ride, but since their ride experience is so much different than what is typically considered  "Giga", It almost does not seem right to compare them.

I would say being it's between 300-399 and it's a full circuit coaster I'd consider it a Giga. Kinda like how we consider Fury a Giga and Diamondback a Hyper even tho they're classified as the same model of coaster. So I'd say Red Force doesn't quite make the Strata category.

• Like 1

On 9/27/2018 at 12:38 PM, fryoj said:

Some people will ignore facts and logic to feed their own fantasy theories. No need to keep feeding the trolls. We should just leave it like that. 

While I haven't agreed with much of anything that @Maverick44 has said on the matter, by no means would I say he is trolling. This discussion (so far) has been cordial, so I don't think its very nice of you to jump at him calling him a troll.

Remember the summer of 2013 (The Great Flame War of '13 as I call it)? Now THAT was trolling...

To anyone that doesn't remember, you don't know what real trolling looks like...

• Like 6

49 minutes ago, BeastForever said:

While I haven't agreed with much of anything that @Maverick44 has said on the matter, by no means would I say that he is trolling. This discussion (so far) has been cordial, so I don't think its very nice of you to jump at him calling him a troll.

Remember the summer of 2013 (The Great Flame War of '13 as I call it)? Now THAT was trolling...

To anyone that doesn't remember, you don't know what real trolling looks like...

I would like to say thank you. I was more then likely wrong after seeing the older forms from when MT was being considered.  After hearing Tony C up at CP say 2020 will be the biggest year for them. I figured they would get the big ride in 2020. Oh well We learn something new everyday!

• Like 4