The Giga Speculation Thread

SonofBaconator

With the 2019 construction speculation underway, I'm curious as to how much of X-Base will be altered. If the B&M project is a giga, which it most likely is, we know that the old Firehawk land will be used and probability of using the old DA area is extremely high. I'm wondering if the park will decide to make another path to X-Base to ease the flow of traffic as opposed to keeping it a dead end. 

final construction.png

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, King Ding Dong said:

Regarding using the former DA site didn’t the park make a statement this year that they had no plans to use it?  Maybe @IndyGuy4KI can help out with that.  

No plans this season, which was true. 2019 and beyond I feel cold be back on the table.

We also have to keep in mind a few days after an interview corporate could call and have new plans. We can not hold what was said in an interview months ago to be fact today. Things change to quick.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

An Idea I had was the possibility that if they did use the Firehawk land, they could use only a 270ft lift hill with a drop of over 300+ feet and it would be classified as a giga coaster.

Now the same thing could be said if they would EVER possibly think of a strata coaster, which I doubt due to the fact that something like this would cost well over 35 million to 40 million dollars to build, but having a coaster with a 370ft lift hill, making it the tallest giga coaster in the world, and then having a 400+ft drop would classify the coaster as a strata coaster. This is way into the fantasy realm but I like the idea of it enough to post it.

Another Idea I had isn't really a giga, but still a plausable theory, that if RMC came out to build a new Ground up RMC, they could use the old SOB station, and then feed the lift hill through Banshee's second loop in the valley. It's also a sort of fantasy theory, but Also a theory that seems more plausible than the 370ft giga.

• Like 3

I say they very well could use the old DA plot of land, but I also think my recent concept is a possibility where it goes over top the FOF building and uses that land between AE and FOF. That imo would be a great idea from a viewing standpoint. From Racer's exit, you'd be able to get nice views of the drop and first overbank. If they did that, I'm sure several enthusiasts would be standing at Racer's exit watching the drop and/or getting footage of it. Plus, the GP would see it while walking in CM/Oktoberfest and would be like "WOW! That's a HUGE drop! We are so riding that!" Plus, when you are driving up to KI, it would look like it goes overtop of the Eiffel Tower even though it doesn't. But, I think using the DA land and Firehawk's land makes sense to me. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, CoasterOhio said:

Another Idea I had isn't really a giga, but still a plausable theory, that if RMC came out to build a new Ground up RMC, they could use the old SOB station, and then feed the lift hill through Banshee's second loop in the valley. It's also a sort of fantasy theory, but Also a theory that seems more plausible than the 370ft giga.

Except for documents filed with the county say its a B&M in Coney Mall. 

18 hours ago, BlondyRidesOn said:

Did it say specifically that it was for Coney Mall? I only read a B&M project within the next few years.

Hmmm, I could have sworn that it said "Coney Mall Improvement Project" somewhere in the docs, but I sure can't find it now. The 2020 B&M is for sure in there. I guess location is still technically a question, but it going anywhere but the Firehawk area would be a shock at this point.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, SonofBaconator said:

They wouldn't remove a coaster then build a new one in a completely different location. Logic Captain. 

Screamin' Demon was removed from Wild Animal Habitat after 1987 and the next coaster was added.... to Octoberfest...

Bavarian Beetle was removed after 1978 and the next coasters were added... to Rivertown and then the end of Coney Mall...

King Cobra was removed after 2001 and the next coaster was built.... on the site of the antique cars...

;-)

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

40 minutes ago, Shaggy said:

Screamin' Demon was removed from Wild Animal Habitat after 1987 and the next coaster was added.... to Oktoberfest...

Bavarian Beetle was removed after 1978 and the next coasters were added... to Rivertown and then the end of Coney Mall...

King Cobra was removed after 2001 and the next coaster was built.... on the site of the antique cars...

;-)

Very true, but times have changed and enthusiasts demand more ;)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GigaLover said:

I’m hoping Cedar Fair was like okay we will give you the giga but you have to remove a current Ride.... DEAL

No, I'm sure Firehawk was 1st on the chopping block for a while and they just decided to remove it to make a better coaster. For example, if Son of Beast was saved, we'd still have gotten a B&M invert somewhere else in the park.

Removing Firehawk was never really a loss for the park.

• Like 2

"We're getting a 399ft Trex Giga with a 500ft drop underground with a midcourse launch and 49 inversions. 8 Miles of track and 150 MPH at first drop. It'll go over the front gate and wrap around the park twice." (the animation will of course be in Planet Coaster)

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

On 9/28/2018 at 12:15 PM, JudeHoward said:

Unfortunately Red Force in Spain is the world's tallest Giga at 367 feet tall, as well as the fastest at 112mph. So we probably won't be seeing King's Island get the tallest or fastest Giga. I could see longest happening tho.

How about a 395 foot tall giga? I know it's not realistic, but still, a guy can dream, right?

• Like 2