The Giga Speculation Thread

SonofBaconator

@Codyfryguy Yup. That's the track. I've got family that owns a farm near there (1/4 of a mile), so it's not far out of my way. I'll run by again tomorrow to get a better picture. 

But its looks darker than the concept art of the oversea coaster. 

On edit: @THE_BEASTmaster, the track doesn't look wide enough to be a wing coaster. Looks more like Fury/DB size. 

• Like 2

[mention=11200]Codyfryguy[/mention] Yup. That's the track. I've got family that owns a farm near there (1/4 of a mile), so it's not far out of my way. I'll run by again tomorrow to get a better picture. 

But its looks darker than the concept art of the oversea coaster. 
On edit: [mention=2126]THE_BEASTmaster[/mention], the track doesn't look wide enough to be a wing coaster. Looks more like Fury/DB size. 

I believe B&M wing coaster and hypercoaster track are almost the same width. They’re dive coasters are the ones with the widest width. Here are 2 pictures of the wing and hyper coasters for comparison.

7d5e60c40f9860738e3bbcec8f0e162a.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

I'm like 90% sure that track that is sitting out there is going over seas. I don't think that a park in the US let alone only a few miles away would have track sitting out this early ready to go unless it were opening in 2019. I think that they have to make the track early so they can ship it over the ocean which takes a long time to do.

• Like 1

Here's a huge list of all the confirmed new parks/coaster for 2019:

http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=76322 

China - Happy Valley Qixia, Nanjing, Jiangsu, China - 4 coasters (B&M Wing, Vekoma Suspended, Intamin Sitdown, Golden Horse Mine Train)
China - Hot Go Dreamworld Fushun, Liaoning, China - 3 coasters (B&M Wing, Preston and Barbieri Mobius, B&M Sitdown) 
China - Wuxi Wanda City Binhu, Wuxi, Jiangsu, China - 3 coasters (B&M Wing, Mack launched, Zamperla indoor)
China -Guangzhou Wanda Theme Park Huadu, Guangzhou, Guangdong, China - 4 Coasters (Dual Dragons: two Intamin Inverted Spikes,an enclosed Intamin, and a spinning coaster) 

Look at all that B&M.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Codyfryguy said:

What about a Cincinnati Bengal orange?

15 hours ago, upstop said:

I’d theme to the Bengals but I’d be afraid the coaster would start out fast at the beginning of the season and then stall out before the final break-run near the end of the season.

If you want a Bengals coaster, I'd refer you to @Thrill_Biscuit

https_%2F%2F1.bp.blogspot.com%2F-bIZQTCEfHzQ%2FV3RdNgrbjcI%2FAAAAAAAAB_U%2FMOmuurrpIWInR5dZP2FXzE3iN9JRzpyFQCLcB%2Fs640%2FBengals%2BCoaster.JPG

• Like 3

Ok I am back with another B&M concept. I removed Firehawk as we all know won't be around. I used one of the storage sheds as a fly through tunnel heading back to station. Added trees and a pond that going down a hill and flying right above water level into the next element. I give you "Barbarian"!

Barbarian.png

• Like 9

18 hours ago, Maverick44 said:

Ok I am back with another B&M concept. I removed Firehawk as we all know won't be around. I used one of the storage sheds as a fly through tunnel heading back to station. Added trees and a pond that going down a hill and flying right above water level into the next element. I give you "Barbarian"!

Barbarian.png

Is that a 95ft tall loop!!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Maverick44 said:

Another one! I give you "Heathen"!!

Heathen .png

I like the yellow and white

Out of all the gigas you've posted what is your favorite?

As for colors,  I like your previous the best, blue and white.  I'm a colts fan, but also love blue! Ragardless of the colts Though having a white track is pretty cool 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, LuvingKI said:

As for colors,  I like your previous the best, blue and white.  I'm a colts fan, but also love blue! Ragardless of the colts Though having a white track is pretty cool 

Color the track Black and you'll get some angry guests:D!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LuvingKI said:

Blue and White I loved, but for another team. Go Kentucky Wildcats!! BBN!

I really don't think the GP gives a darn about sports teams' colors on a coaster unless the ride in question is specifically themed to that sports team a la Fury 325 and Steel Curtain.  If sports team themed coasters were a thing, we'd see a lot more of them by now. 

Besides, if any team around here gets a themed ride first, I'd put money on the Reds or Buckeyes over the Bengals. 

• Like 2

I think what many are forgetting is that there is still TONS of wide open, treeless land left over from SOB's former footprint. In fact, it's quite remarkable how little of its space was filled by Banshee...mainly where the lift-hill and inner-helix used to be....

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif

Many have been calling for the removal of the former-DA trail. That would be a bad move IMO....

...considering the fact there is plenty of room for a coaster (a Giga, even) found from SOB and Firehawk's former land, as well as the land in between them....

dinos 2.jpg

• Like 2