The Giga Speculation Thread

SonofBaconator

On 2/1/2017 at 3:51 PM, SonofBaconator said:

Projected giga.png

On 11/7/2018 at 11:04 AM, silver2005 said:

The layout I predict is starting in X-Base, heading behind the Flight of Fear building (possibly hopping over it on the return run), and having most of its layout behind Banshee since it's already cleared.  That route would lead to the least tree clearing as well.  The terrain should serve to make the drop larger than the lift.  

30 minutes ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

My personal opinion is that the DA area will not be used.

So essentially the picture above with exception to Firehawks presence and the placement over the maintenance building.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rivertown Rider said:

I agree that I don't think they will use the DA area.  I would love to see the giga go into a tunnel and under a bridge like Fury does but the bridge probably wouldn't happen based upon where it is in the park.

I say the first drop drops into a tunnel like Leviathan. Except this one is underground and not just added in like Leviathan. 

1 hour ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

My personal opinion is that the DA area will not be used.

Plus the GM stated in a KICentral interview as well as at coasterstock that they don't have plans for anything major in the DA area.

• Like 1

On 11/9/2018 at 10:22 AM, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I honestly want it to be sorta low to the ground and sorta hidden in the trees. Obviously the lift hill can't be hidden since it's over 300 feet. 

But you have to have a few bigger hills to burn off the momentum of a multi-ton train going 90+ mph.  You don't want too much work on the brake runs.  A few tall overbanks and maybe a 200 ft camelback would be nice.  The idea behind most of the gigas (sans Steel Dragon 2000) has been blending taller elements with elements that showcase their speed. 

• Like 1

@sixohdieselrage, the story of The Beast is awesome.  Mr. Gramke gave a talk at Coasterstock and I was starstruck.  If I could have only heard Al Collins give a talk.  Plus, hearing Dennis Speigel's thoughts on The Beast...it is so awesome to hear these folks who were so key to the birth of my favorite roller coaster.  With the Great Coaster we got with Mystic Timbers, Diamondback and Banshee, I think what we get is gonna be pretty awesome.  I'm pretty excited!

• Like 6

Beyond the point. 

Thank you for the video! Same for everyone with positive pleasant content posted! Don't post much but love reading (almost) all the content!

Thanks. The reason I gave such a long intro was because most people aren’t enthusiasts and don’t know much about that stuff. So I thought a backstory would be okay. If people didn’t like it, then it’s not really my issue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

Hey guys! I made a concept release trailer inspired by iDesign's (Zayzayd13 on here) No Limits 2 project. I've always been trash at NL2, but with the new force vectoring design I decided to give it an honest try. Once I realized you could import Google topography data into NL2 with some trickery, I was obsessed with the idea of building my own concept on the Firehawk land. This is my first truly complete NL2 project, and I think I spent around 130 hours on it. Hope you guys dig it.

I'll probably post a full POV later, as the file sizes from NL2 capture are HUGE and the transfer from my PC to my video editing battle station takes ages.

• Like 6

26 minutes ago, RuthlessAirtime said:

How would you name it/theme it?

Something that ties into the park and the surrounding area. I'm a sucker for paying homage to things. Fury 325 indirectly pays homage to the Charolette Hornets. I doubt KI would theme a coaster after any Cincinnati sports team though. I wouldn't mind Centurion if that trademark ever gets picked up by KI- probably not.

In all honesty, I want something extra terrestrial or cosmic themed since its most likely going to be by Flight of Fear. Aviator would also be a decent name. Also- green track would be ideal since three out of the four Cedar Fair gigas are blue. 

BLOGS03_150609958_AR_-1_ZMJMAFVWUKIL.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, JubJester said:

Use a completely new name that doesnt go off something in the park. Also change the colors to not look like Fury 325.

Yeah I wanted it to blend in with the terrain and pay homage to The Beast by staying low and fast in the woods, but a huge brown Giga looked awful so dark green seemed to be the only option.

It also felt like a crime to not continue The Beast lore and I couldn’t come up with a better name ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, RuthlessAirtime said:

Yeah I wanted it to blend in with the terrain and pay homage to The Beast by staying low and fast in the woods, but a huge brown Giga looked awful so dark green seemed to be the only option.

It also felt like a crime to not continue The Beast lore and I couldn’t come up with a better name ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

I really did enjoy the design you made. Very well done. I do like the fact it stays in the woods. Something I hope the do in the future.

• Like 3