The Giga Speculation Thread

SonofBaconator

I think the idea of "paying homage" to The Beast is ridiculous and is just brought up over and over again despite being a PR disaster last time, so personally, I think it's unrealistic that we will ever have a "Beast" themed coaster again. 

• Like 5

On 11/18/2018 at 12:06 AM, SonofBaconator said:

Something that ties into the park and the surrounding area. I'm a sucker for paying homage to things. Fury 325 indirectly pays homage to the Charolette Hornets. I doubt KI would theme a coaster after any Cincinnati sports team though. I wouldn't mind Centurion if that trademark ever gets picked up by KI- probably not.

In all honesty, I want something extra terrestrial or cosmic themed since its most likely going to be by Flight of Fear. Aviator would also be a decent name. Also- green track would be ideal since three out of the four Cedar Fair gigas are blue. 

Maybe "Browns are Garbage 410"?

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, rhyano said:

I think the idea of "paying homage" to The Beast is ridiculous and is just brought up over and over again despite being a PR disaster last time, so personally, I think it's unrealistic that we will ever have a "Beast" themed coaster again. 

Ehhh I dunno I disagree. Nothing about paying homage to The Beast was a PR disaster last time except for the **** poor design of the ride. Many fans look back in SoB fondly (before it started falling apart) and it’s obvious the park does miss our fallen friend to a degree. They went so far as to even put a memorial near Banshee. If they were afraid of PR and wanted to simply forget SoB I seriously doubt they would have done that.

It very may well not follow Beast lore and I’d be totally cool with that, but I don’t think it’s that crazy of a stretch to think they might go that route.

• Like 3

Here's the issue with what your argument, @RuthlessAirtime- Son of Beast seriously injured a lot of people. Remembering the ride is one thing, but paying homage is another.

Its hard to pay homage to something that was responsible for a ton of injuries- that's why it was a PR disaster like @rhyano said. Memorials merely recognize the ride's existence and impact on the industry. You never see the park post flashback photos of Son of Beast unless its relating to its demolition. 

What's wrong with being original? I'm sure we'd all love to see an original coaster concept as opposed to countless Beast spin-offs :)

• Like 2

19 hours ago, BuckeyeBond said:

What about paying homage to the Shooting Star at Coney Island? That would be a cosmic theme and could fit in with the X-Base theme.

I actually like this a lot. Shooting Star (or something along those lines) sounds perfect for a Giga coaster in X-base.

• Like 4

Ok guys according to Emotional Rollercoasters on Instagram. The new posters in FOF's queue line may be more than just decorations for "flight of cheer". If you look closely and study the posters closely, there are some things that caught my eyes that could be hints at a new coaster coming.These include Firehawk being pictured on a calendar, an alien in the air inside the vertical loop of the pic of Firehawk, the number 355 at the bottom of the calendar, the word Centuari written right next to the Firehawk pic that could reference the name Centurion, and a big one is the calendar that has Firehawk on it was discovered that it matches the 2020. Just wanted to throw it out there. Please take it as a grain of salt since they could just be messing with us and not mean anything, but this is something that we could keep in the back of our heads.

• Like 5

On 11/24/2018 at 12:47 AM, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Ok guys according to Emotional Rollercoasters on Instagram. The new posters in FOF's queue line may be more than just decorations for "flight of cheer". If you look closely and study the posters closely, there are some things that caught my eyes that could be hints at a new coaster coming.These include Firehawk being pictured on a calendar, an alien in the air inside the vertical loop of the pic of Firehawk, the number 355 at the bottom of the calendar, the word Centuari written right next to the Firehawk pic that could reference the name Centurion, and a big one is the calendar that has Firehawk on it was discovered that it matches the 2020. Just wanted to throw it out there. Please take it as a grain of salt since they could just be messing with us and not mean anything, but this is something that we could keep in the back of our heads.

I would be so hyped if we end up with a 355’ Giga.

I’d be ecstatic if it used the terrain to drop even further.

oooo boi this is exciting.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Coaster Nation on YouTube told me there is markings at Dino's Alive on their Nolimits giga concept video. I don't know how to believe this since I've heard all sorts of stuff all year on land clearing at the park. Can anyone confirm this at all?

I know this does not help but we will be there friday and heading back there first to check all of this out. get more detailed photos and what not. they will be posted on our facebook 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Coaster Nation on YouTube told me there is markings at Dino's Alive on their Nolimits giga concept video. I don't know how to believe this since I've heard all sorts of stuff all year on land clearing at the park. Can anyone confirm this at all?

Steel Beast video?

11 hours ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

But there was construction last year. 

12 hours ago, gforce1994 said:

I see. Where was the other video? A lot of people are getting their hopes up for the GIGA I see.

Yes they are. It's been rumored for years. I would love one, but I'm not like setting my heart on it like others are. This B&M coaster could be a wing coaster, a dive coaster, or maybe even a B&M flyer. If I were to pick what B&M coaster it would be, I would go giga. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, gforce1994 said:

That’s not going to happen, it crosses the runoff area and through patches of land where the soil stability is in question. 

It is even less likely we see the name Beast Unleashed. The work on the video is really good though, and they deserve props for that for sure!

• Like 5