The Giga Speculation Thread

SonofBaconator

21 minutes ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

I need help, my eyes are still rolling :rolleyes: I can always count on WCPO for a hearty chuckle.

14 minutes ago, starlitfire said:

If Cedar Fair needed any GP approval of a giga coaster, they might be getting it by seeing WCPO talking about it.

Yes, but people are getting sold on that DESIGN. And that could provide some serious problems, since the public are not coaster enthusiasts, and will not realize that certain elements will terrify them as much as a parabolic airtime hill.

• Like 4

On 1/25/2017 at 3:33 PM, SonofBaconator said:

Since there a ton of posts about gigas on other threads, I decided to create a central topic just dedicated to the speculation of the giga coaster that most coaster enthusiasts believe we are going to get in the future. 

What we know:

1. Cedar Fair has added 3 gigas to its parks since 2010
  2. Each giga installed is taller than the last
  3. Kings Island is the only major Cedar Fair park without one

What we can speculate:

1. The conception of the coaster itself
  2. B&M is a likely candidate 
  3. The old S.O.B station might be used
  4. ^If not in Action Zone then it could be put in X-Base^
  5. Possibly a green color since KI has no coasters that color 

Like I said, this is just a speculation thread. 

"The more you know, the better you can speculate for what's ahead"

When I was at Kings Island Saturday, I ate at the holiday buffet my Mystic Timbers and when i was waiting to be seated, the host told the person in front of us that a new coaster was coming and when we asked about what she meant, she said it would be like The Beast but steel and be 417 feet tall. Idk If she meant to say 317 or if she was trying to start a rumor but I figured I should say something. If this is true, I would be so happy. I asked her if she meant the height was r17 but the drop was less and she said "no the drop is 417" so fo what u want with this but idk if its true or not

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, NewD4y20 said:

First the Steel Beast video that was all over social media, and now this.

I feel like the masses have spoken:

Giga or Bust!

And now also I've seen The Beast unleashed video going around too. I dont think GP realize these r concepts, not real announcements... 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, NewD4y20 said:

I don't see how the Outpost 5/SoB references tie into a future project.

Could it just be a diversion from the park to confuse enthusiasts?

Diversion no. Enthusiasts created the "confusion" not the park. The park was just using Outpost 5 as theming. The logo has been around for years. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, beastfan11 said:

I’m going to be in hysterics if they announce a dive coaster in August.

A dive coaster seems like a good replacement for Invertigo(Face-Off).

Would make a good front gate coaster, and it will be different than Diamondback and the expected Giga coaster because it will have inversions.

So maybe it will be the next new coaster after the giga. Stay tuned.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NewD4y20 said:

A dive coaster seems like a good replacement for Invertigo(Face-Off).

Would make a good front gate coaster, and it will be different than Diamondback and the expected Giga coaster because it will have inversions.

So maybe it will be the next new coaster after the giga. Stay tuned.

And it’s been confirmed that the project is going to be a Giga?

5 minutes ago, NewD4y20 said:

@beastfan11

I said expected and maybe. I did not say confirmed anywhere in my post. Like you, I don't have the authority to say what's confirmed or not, until it is.

What "project" are you referencing to and has it been confirmed??

I’m refering to the suspected B&M project that was discovered in documentation that has been posted on this site. 

By stating that a Dive Machine could be the next new project after “the Giga” infers that the upcoming B&M project has been confirmed to be a Giga. In reality, that’s only speculation at this point. Nothing has been confirmed about the type of coaster that could be installed aside from the documents stating that B&M will be involved. 

Could it be a Giga? It sure could. It could also be a Dive Machine or Wing Coaster for all we know. There has been plenty of speculation over the years on this site that will always lead to some disappointment amongst the enthusiast community. Just recently, a select few thought the park was going to spend $20,000,000 + to rebuild the failed Son of Beast because of Halloween decorations at another park. That was not the case. 

While there has been a lot of speculation about a Giga headed our way (alongside some impressive concepts and renderings), there’s nothing that points to it directly. It’s silly to make assumptions when none of us(or very few silent members of this site) really know what’s coming next. The assumptions about a Giga being “for sure” always give me a chuckle. That’s all. 

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

Assuming isn't the same as speculating. That's why I specifically used terms that were indefinite. Speculating about something can be fun.

Want to make a friendly wager? I predict the B&M project will be a Giga, what say you? If one of us gets it right, we can change the other person's signature on here to say what we want it to.

2 hours ago, NewD4y20 said:

I don't see how the Outpost 5/SoB references tie into a future project.

Could it just be a diversion from the park to confuse enthusiasts?

The speculation is that the new giga if we get one will be some sort of recincarnation of the SoB because Outpost 5 was the SoB station. So it could be a diversion but know one knows till the official announcement 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, CoasterWorks said:

The speculation is that the new giga if we get one will be some sort of recincarnation of the SoB because Outpost 5 was the SoB station. So it could be a diversion but know one knows till the official announcement 

I can see if it used the old Son of Beast station it being relevant. That doesn't seem likely to me with Banshee over there.

The only other thing I can think of is the possible Giga having a single loop. If that becomes reality I will be jumping for joy and fist pumping at the same time.

10 minutes ago, SonofBaconator said:

There's a TON of people sharing @RuthlessAirtimes video on facebook and twitter thinking its the real deal. I've seen @chugh43 going up to bat telling people it's just a fan video^_^

Can't say I blame the public. I was shown it by someone and almost believed it for a minute since I had been out of the coaster loop for a bit. I got on here and saw there was no thread about it so I knew it wasn't real. Seems like shooting people down about it on social media would be fun for the people that like to anoint themselves as unofficial moderators on here.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, sixohdieselrage said:

@NewD4y20 Obviously, I could be wrong, but I thought I heard a higher up from Cedar Fair explicitly say that there would be no front gate coaster at KI, or KD. 

That was Matt Ouimet. Although still on the board, he is no longer CEO. That seat now belongs to Richard Zimmerman. New blood could have different ideas. Only time will tell.

I am not sure I want to see a wing coaster flying overhead, but a sprucing up of the entrance would be nice. I think modernizing it like CP's entrance facade would be nice. 

Paging @Hawaiian Coasters 325 and @Maverick44 for some more Giga Concepts!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I was thinking. Does the giga (if it is a giga) necessarily have to start in the old Firehawk entry area? I know this sounds unusual, but there is that land on the left side of FOF where you can have a station there and have the lift hill go overtop the FOF building and drop into the Firehawk area. Plus an upside is they can connect Xbase to the main midway (oktoberfest). Heck, they could even give the giga an Oktoberfest style theme. They could also do what we've been speculating which is turn the Firehawk station into a Haunt. I will be coming out with a concept with an Oktoberfest style theme with this idea. I'm just saying that they don't necessarily have to use the old Firehawk entry area as the entrance to the new coaster. During the season, they could turn that area where Firehawk's entrance was into like a viewing area where you can watch the drop. And at Haunt, use the Firehawk station for Haunt. 

• Like 3