The Giga Speculation Thread

SonofBaconator

Yes huh! haha So yeah.....i'm sorry if I hurt anyone's feelings about waiting for a confirmation a coaster is coming. You'll be ok I promise!

No feelings hurt! Nothing is 100% sure until the park announces it. It should be an interesting season. Can’t wait to find out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, sixohdieselrage said:

Here is the Little Miami side of the park (really of the whole park, lol) for speculation reasons. Sorry for the horrible quality, but it was hazy out. 20190105_133340.jpg

Thank you for this. I am not sure how much of this Kings Island owns, but I think they could fit a good out and back layout of a giga coaster in there. It could have some airtime and possibly a small twister section such as I305. But once again, I don’t know how much of this Kings Island owns.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Rolling Coasters said:

Thank you for this. I am not sure how much of this Kings Island owns, but I think they could fit a good out and back layout of a giga coaster in there. It could have some airtime and possibly a small twister section such as I305. But once again, I don’t know how much of this Kings Island owns.

If memory serves me right, they own almost right up to the Little Miami River. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bansheeback said:

Here is a picture from Warren County's website. It show the property owned by Kings Island in the blue outline.

mmc land.png

That means they have plenty of space. I think that we could easily see a giga here. I just hope it is a giga. I would be willing to wait until 2021 or even 2022 for this but I don’t want them to give us a wing or dive because although they are great rides, they are not the stand out ride that we wanted. Kings Island has gained a reputation for trolling the enthusiasts with the way that they drop clues and lead us in certain directions that will not end up happening. All I’m saying is that they might be tricking us with all of the leaks and “clues”. I just hope the clues are true and that they give us the giga that KI fans have been speculating since before Mystic Timbers. It would really suck if they just announced a wing coaster in my opinion. Whatever. This is all speculation. We’ll see what happens.

• Like 3

According to Warren County, it is owned by the County.  It looks like, per the Recorder`s office, that it is related to when Kings Island was annexed by the City of Mason.  The park used to be part of Deerfield Township.  I know land ownership has lots of little quirks associated with it. 

For example, per Ohio Building Code, if you own two adjoining parcels of property, you cannot build a building that straddles the property line that is shared by both properties.  You must consolidate the parcels into one parcel in order to build the building.  A new building cannot be located on two parcels.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Using @sixohdieselrage pic. Full credit to him. I decided to use it for my latest giga concept on how it would look facing the river! I give you Vision Force!

IMG_20190107_144337_536.jpg

Uhh, that's not a Giga Coaster, that thing is at least 600-700 feet tall (based on Eiffel Tower and Drop Tower in background), we must come up with a new term for what is by far the largest roller coaster ever built. :P

• Haha 1

For the people who haven't been around here a lot.  The park does own a lot of land headed down towards the river, but it is very steep and probably not suitable for building supports on without serious reinforcement.  You'll likely never see development all the way out there.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, teenageninja said:

For the people who haven't been around here a lot.  The park does own a lot of land headed down towards the river, but it is very steep and probably not suitable for building supports on without serious reinforcement.  You'll likely never see development all the way out there.

They have built coasters on the side of mountains.  I would think if they want to they could put a support anywhere without much issue.  Walking paths however would be a different issue.

3 hours ago, McSalsa said:

Uhh, that's not a Giga Coaster, that thing is at least 600-700 feet tall (based on Eiffel Tower and Drop Tower in background), we must come up with a new term for what is by far the largest roller coaster ever built. :P

Polercoaster

14 minutes ago, ohiocoasterfan said:

Does anyone have a link to the Warren County document where paperwork for B&M was found? Has anything additional been filed? I don’t think O’Rourke was listed on that document.

On my phone so the quality isn’t great but here is the notice of commencement again. O’Rourke was not listed on there, and I cannot find anything new filed with the Warren county recorder or building department. 

1D24076A-7926-4070-8459-68AE0BF48DDD.jpeg

• Like 2

On 1/4/2019 at 3:38 PM, SonofBaconator said:

@McSalsa I think the coaster wars of the 80s had a huge influence on the types of coasters Cedar Point churned out over the years. You'd never see a cloned coaster at that park like you see at Six Flags or even at some lower tier CF park. Millennium Force didn't put CP on the map but it certainly kept it a relevant park in the tourism industry and even more so with TTD and many other coasters that came after. 

Nah, it’s Skyride that keeps it on the map.  ;)

• Like 1