The Giga Speculation Thread

SonofBaconator

19 hours ago, flightoffear1996 said:

They have built coasters on the side of mountains.  I would think if they want to they could put a support anywhere without much issue.  Walking paths however would be a different issue.

Sure, you can argue that they can do it, but if they can build it in an area with a flatter grade or better quality land, they are going to do it.  Not to mention, they have to build roads to get materials out there, etc.

6 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Banshee is actually a reddish purple or what Don calls "Mystic Red" (Banshee 2013 construction tour). This is 100% purple with black supports. It's supposed to be a space/sci fi themed coaster. 

I personally like it, Maybe a deeper purple would work tho to keep it from looking like Barney The Dinosaur.;)

In all seriousness, I think it's a good color scheme. I don't want another red coaster, or another blue/teal Giga. We've had our fill.

1 hour ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Banshee is actually a reddish purple or what Don calls "Mystic Red" (Banshee 2013 construction tour). This is 100% purple with black supports. It's supposed to be a space/sci fi themed coaster. 

Oh, dont get me wrong, it's an awesome color scheme. I just feel like the colors are too close to Banshee, for being located so close. I think those colors would rock on the other side of the park. 

6 minutes ago, SonofBaconator said:

I'm still on the green bandwagon

Out of all the coasters I can recal, only a few are green: Riddler's Revenge, Green Lanterns, Raptor, and Hulk are the major ones that come to mind. 

Dark green. Almost a camo would be nice IMO. Have it blend in with the trees. Something that doesnt stand out until you get closer to it. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sixohdieselrage said:

Dark green. Almost a camo would be nice IMO. Have it blend in with the trees. Something that doesnt stand out until you get closer to it. 

That's how The Beast is in a way, it blends in with the terrain around it. I'm thinking a brighter green that reflects well in the sun will look great at the park.

BLOGS03_150609958_AR_-1_ZMJMAFVWUKIL.jpg

• Like 6

I’d imagine if we’re getting a coaster (regardless of the type) we should be “seeing” something in the next few months. Whether or not we’ll have the ability to peak at it before opening day is up in the air.

When did that blurry photo of the Diamondback construction leak on here? It might give us a time table on when to expect something to start happening. 

Regardless, I’d imagine something would begin sooner than later. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, beastfan11 said:

I’d imagine if we’re getting a coaster (regardless of the type) we should be “seeing” something in the next few months. Whether or not we’ll have the ability to peak at it before opening day is up in the air.

When did that blurry photo of the Diamondback construction leak on here? It might give us a time table on when to expect something to start happening. 

Regardless, I’d imagine something would begin sooner than later. 

Here is a rough top of my head time table for DB:

Late 2007: suspicious work being done such as cutting down trees

Early 2008: "splashdown" are completed, land clearing 

Core season: Teasers

Early June: Station construction vertical construction

Mid Summer : Announcement

A few days after the announcement the first piece of track was installed.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, BoddaH1994 said:

Here is a rough top of my head time table for DB:

Late 2007: suspicious work being done such as cutting down trees

Early 2008: "splashdown" are completed, land clearing 

Core season: Teasers

Early June: Station construction vertical construction

Mid Summer : Announcement

A few days after the announcement the first piece of track was installed.

So hypothetically speaking, we’re passed the suspicious work phase (that’s the actual construction terminology, right?) and should be seeing signs of construction just about anytime now if we’re seeing anything in 2020. And thus far we haven’t as far as all of us know. And with the rumored Giga, I’d imagine there would be a bit more work involved vs. what we saw with Diamondback given the sheer size and required land clearling necessary for the project. And with the recent flyover pictures I’d imagine something would’ve been noticed. 

Personally speaking, I could see 2020 as an “off” year, with something big coming thereafter given what we (haven’t) seen. I could certainly be wrong, though. 

• Like 3

This is just an idea and I could be entirely wrong, but what if the "Suspicious" work was being done behind Banshee last year.. they have a maintenance path leading behind Firehawk on into the wooded areas that lead back behind Banshee.. the amount of space for those paths do not seem to be wide enough for any type of construction on a rollercoaster, but that's just my thoughts043479f6d98d9e975635c91456b92bbb.jpgd6b571070e84900158c3aa05d0b94589.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

I see that but where does it say its a coaster? Also plans can change. Now if that un painted coaster track is for us then yeah I can see it haha I wonder what the " Modifications"  part means. Maybe work on another B&M?

Warren County Commencement prior to addition of Mystic Timbers. Notice the word "Real Estate" and "Project" repeated in the 2018-2020 commencement.

proof.PNG

• Like 3

When I was flying around that general area, there were some land clearings. Some are old, some are relatively new. The reality is that there has been land there that was cleared previously for years now. With Diamondback, the entire area was full of trees. Also keep in mind that Diamondback has an out and back layout, with the two sides of track being relatively close to each other. This requires a substantial amount of land to be cleared. If the Giga were to be a terrain coaster, it would require much less land cleared and would play nicely with what they have now.

• Like 5

I would imagine the next month or two will be crucial for if a Giga is coming in 2020. I’d think Firehawk would be wrapped up by the end of the month and then hopefully land clearing and Teraforming would occur. There could be a ton of trees marked for removal back there that we don’t know about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2