The Giga Speculation Thread

SonofBaconator

1 hour ago, beastfan11 said:

So hypothetically speaking, we’re passed the suspicious work phase (that’s the actual construction terminology, right?) and should be seeing signs of construction just about anytime now if we’re seeing anything in 2020. And thus far we haven’t as far as all of us know. And with the rumored Giga, I’d imagine there would be a bit more work involved vs. what we saw with Diamondback given the sheer size and required land clearling necessary for the project. And with the recent flyover pictures I’d imagine something would’ve been noticed. 

Personally speaking, I could see 2020 as an “off” year, with something big coming thereafter given what we (haven’t) seen. I could certainly be wrong, though. 

If a giga is coming in 2020 then work has most certainly begun. 

The question is: has it begun?

I believe the answer is yes.

• Like 6

21 minutes ago, Bansheeback said:

With Diamondback, the entire area was full of trees. Also keep in mind that Diamondback has an out and back layout, with the two sides of track being relatively close to each other. This requires a substantial amount of land to be cleared. If the Giga were to be a terrain coaster, it would require much less land cleared and would play nicely with what they have now.

Also there is a substantial about of clear land from the LCS that parallels the river that would require little in comparison to Diamondback. If the old DA land is to be used, expect some type of clearing by the opening of 2019. Personally if the DA land is used, I'd imagine it would only be a small portion there the Dino Dig site was formerly located.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Rivertown Rider said:

I'm not opposed to them keeping the Firehawk station, but I would prefer it be used all season for something rather than a Haunt.  At least with the SOB station it is out of sight/out of mind.

Agreed. I actually would like it to become a queue house. That would make waiting in line on sunny hot days not as miserable. Plus they could go all out in theming with it! 

• Like 3

What if X-base gets a new updated theme with the Coaster, like they've been doing with other parks. Like a full blown Area 51 theme with like restaraunts, bathrooms, games, a Giga. They have the space, no reason not to if people will be in that section of the park.

(It also makes sense since all of the current updates to the park have been Cony Mall related IE: BBQ, Antique Autos, Racer retrack, Firehawk removal etc)

10 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

Maybe even a refresh update of FoF. Get everything working again and  dare a say an HD version of the video that plays? Maybe reshoot the video??

Absolutely!

(Side note:) Just saw a concrete truck on the Live Cam behind Banshee. Hopefully that means some of that document is true.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JudeHoward said:

What if X-base gets a new updated theme with the Coaster, like they've been doing with other parks. Like a full blown Area 51 theme with like restaraunts, bathrooms, games, a Giga. They have the space, no reason not to if people will be in that section of the park.

(It also makes sense since all of the current updates to the park have been Cony Mall related IE: BBQ, Antique Autos, Racer retrack, Firehawk removal etc)

What if the old Firehawk photo building becomes a food stand for 2019. They seem to be doing work in it. So maybe we'll get a new food stand in 2019 along with the antique cars. I've had this theory for a while that the next several years will be focused on the whole Coney Mall/Xbase/Oktoberfest area of the park. 

1 hour ago, Oldschool75 said:

The same as the park building an RMC, a wing coaster, a new bathroom, a new restaurant, or even nothing at all.   

Not really, but okay. They already know what they're doing so I guarantee the chances for all that stuff is not equal. Maybe it is a Wing Coaster, or maybe it's.