The Giga Speculation Thread

SonofBaconator

What if...... the B&M “attraction” is a prototype? What kind of coaster could that be? Since B&M has dabbled in launching, maybe it could be a launched giga?... or launched flyer? Or something none of us have ever seen before?

i wouldn’t mind seeing a completely new themed area.

• Like 2

I don't get why there are some people who think that we're getting a wing coaster. Granted Wing coasters are a unique experience, they don't really do much for me in particular.

It also doesn't really make any sense. We just got a new invert, and a wing coaster wouldn't give guests the WOW factor that KI needs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

B&M takes the Volcano: The Blast Coaster concept and fixes it into a GiGa Flyer.  Themed to X-Base, the coaster will be called Moon Mountain:  Launch to the Future!, and will feature a 400 foot tall lunar mountain built on top of FOF where the flyer will have its third launch straight up and out of the mountain.  The overall theme will be tied to how The Beast actually brought back some contaminated DNA when she visited the moon, infected the vegetation near the Miami Valley Lumber Co, grew a giant rattlesnake nearby, where an Irish Spirit chases them to Action Zone and constantly screems her head off, Indiana Jones tries to save the day but fails, and two trains try to Race each other to get out of the area.

Oh, it will be specifically designed by B&M to run in temperatures down to -3 F and the track will be able to circulate hot water inside so that snow and ice will not hamper the ride during the winter season.  The newly expaned X-Base will have a seperate entrance and will operate year round.

How's that for some imaginative speculation?  :P

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

I think the park could use 3 coasters. A Giga, An RMC, and a Mack Launch Coaster. All of those fill very unique rolls and are like nothing we already have. We don't need a Dive or a wing or a floorless. Cedar Point is roughly 3 hours from KI. We don't wanna be Six flags where they copy 90% of the rides across all the parks.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

You misspelled Mack. It's Intamin :wub:  lol

As much as I actually love Intamin, it'll probably never happen. With the issues with volcano, Xcelerator, TTD, and the reprofiling that happened on i305 and maverick, it's probably too risky for CF. It sucks, I wish Intamin would get their crap together.

16 minutes ago, JudeHoward said:

I think the park could use 3 coasters. A Giga, An RMC, and a Mack Launch Coaster. 

I agree with the first two but I would want Mack to inprove on their launched coasters before one comes here. It might contradict what I've said before about wanting a Mack but from what I've seen and heard, they're not as forceful as launched coasters from Premier or Intamin.

Mack launched coasters focus a lot on hangtime as opposed to forcefullness. If you look at a pov for Copperhead Strike, the acceleration seems very slow and theres points of near stalls and hangtime during parts of the ride. 

I know I crap on Intamin a lot but I'd rather see a blitz coaster like Cheetah Hunt or Maverick as opposed to Maxk at the moment- unless CS proves me wrong.

Just now, SonofBaconator said:

I agree with the first two but I would want Mack to inprove on their launched coasters before one comes here. It might contradict what I've said before about wanting a Mack but from what I've seen and heard, they're not as forceful as launched coasters from Premier or Intamin.

Mack launched coasters focus a lot on hangtime as opposed to forcefullness. If you look at a pov for Copperhead Strike, the acceleration seems very slow and theres points of near stalls and hangtime during parts of the ride. 

I know I crap on Intamin a lot but I'd rather see a blitz coaster like Cheetah Hunt or Maverick as opposed to Maxk at the moment- unless CS proves me wrong.

Oh I agree that we should get a Blitz over a Mack, I just don't see it ever happening unfortunately. We're going on what, like a decade of no new Intamins in Cedar Fair?

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, silver2005 said:

You Intamin fanboys might be in luck as they are making a comeback in the US thanks to the Busch/Sea World parks.  

You better hope they do well if they want any chance to work with FUN and SIX again. 

I could care less in all honesty, their reliability leaves something to be desired. In all honesty they should spend time working out the kinks on their current rides to improve their reputation instead of adding rides we know are gonna malfunction in some form or another. 

I wanna see Mack excel and really take the US market by storm. I fear that seasoned US coaster enthusiasts are gonna be somewhat underwhelmed- but I can't say much considering I've never ridden a Mack myself.

@SonofBaconator At the same time, you have to give credit where it is due.  If Intamin has made strides to be more reliable, they deserve credit.  They are building quite a lot overseas including the 367 ft Red Force (0-111.9 mph in 5 seconds on LSM's, more reliable than the hydraulic launches), Energylandia's Hyperion (chain lift, no cables), and BGW's 2020 coaster is a confirmed Intamin along with SWSA's newest coaster.  I haven't heard much of any major problems from them lately as well.  

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

From the video I see it looks fun but just sluggish. Seems like some of the hills it barley makes it over. haha I am not much for spinning but ill ride it for the credit.

I wouldn't call it sluggish.  It is just different than the typical experience. POVs don't always tell the full story.  See Timbers, Mystic.

• Like 2