The Giga Speculation Thread

SonofBaconator

55 minutes ago, sixohdieselrage said:

Hey look, the McDonalds Coaster! :lol:

It's just surface rust on the exterior that makes them appear yellow. 

Yeah somebody posted this earlier and in the daytime it's more obvious that they're a rusty unfinished raw steel color. Probably what it looks like before they sand them down and paint.

I do wonder where they're going. Could be for the Hershey hyper. Seems weird to make the track here and ship it overseas. I have NO idea what the timeline for a giga design and track manufacture looks like, so I don't know if they'd be pumping track out this early for a KI ride.

• Like 1

Anything there now will likely be going overseas. We've seen plenty of track there over the years that was confirmed for Chinese coasters. Probably a matter of quality control over what they'd save by building it in Asia, but thats speculation. But its too early for US parks 2020 coasters and too late for 2019. Parks won't want to store track all summer and CSF don't have the room. Typically anything there from early Winter to early Summer goes overseas. Early Summer to Early Winter is US parks.  It's possible it would be for the SWSD coaster, as they have a longer operating season and don't have to have a spring opening. Slight chance of it being the Hershey coaster since they've announced it already, but I'm not sure about their storage situation. They do have 3 US coasters opening in 2020 though, so they might push it. I'm curious what their throughput is for coasters. How many can they pump out in a year. 

7 hours ago, RuthlessAirtime said:

Yeah somebody posted this earlier and in the daytime it's more obvious that they're a rusty unfinished raw steel color. Probably what it looks like before they sand them down and paint.

I do wonder where they're going. Could be for the Hershey hyper. Seems weird to make the track here and ship it overseas. I have NO idea what the timeline for a giga design and track manufacture looks like, so I don't know if they'd be pumping track out this early for a KI ride.

The Hershey hyper coaster, from all current indications, will have brown “chocolate” colored track.

16 hours ago, fryoj said:

Assuming a similar construction schedule as previous installations, it should be then. The first track showed up at KI for Banshee right after the August 8th-ish announcement date. So probably a couple months before then. I tried to search on here to see if there were pics at csf from that time period, but the search function on this site doesn't want you to search for things.  

Actually, if I remember correctly, track for Banshee (and some supports) were seen before the ride was announced at Clermont Steel. Someone was able to get close enough to them to zoom in with their camera and even take a picture of the label, which indicated it was a B&M Inverted Coaster. Then around that same period, someone posted a Youtube video leaking the Blueprints and Layout. These killed the notion the coaster was going to be a Intamin, which some were still suggesting (mostly trolls at this point- some footers had been placed and they were obviously B&M).

Then Kings Island tried to throw of us off for a bit with The Bat Wing Coaster "leak" on their web site. :P (Probably because the year prior, GateKeeper was accidentally leaked before it was supposed to be announced)

• Like 2

I just reviewed the Carowinds Connection website for insight on how Fury 325 came together. It seems we are on or ahead of schedule if this truly is a Giga we’re getting. This is what I have gathered.

1/23- Trademark filed for Fury.

3/29- fencing was up around the former go kart site.

4/20- Dismantling of the go kart track can be seen.

6/9- Trademark filed for Fury 325.

6/21- Survey markers are all over and the go kart track has been torn up.

7/2- Go kart track completely removed and that portion of the site has been prepped and graded

7/13- Additional site prep is done in the parking lot and near the front gate.

7/18- First footer is poured in former go kart area.

7/18-8/24- Additional site prep and footers.

8/24- First piece of track arrives.

9/29- First piece of track installed.

1/30/15- Last piece of track installed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, McSalsa said:

Actually, if I remember correctly, track for Banshee (and some supports) were seen before the ride was announced at Clermont Steel. Someone was able to get close enough to them to zoom in with their camera and even take a picture of the label, which indicated it was a B&M Inverted Coaster. Then around that same period, someone posted a Youtube video leaking the Blueprints and Layout. These killed the notion the coaster was going to be a Intamin, which some were still suggesting (mostly trolls at this point- some footers had been placed and they were obviously B&M).

Then Kings Island tried to throw of us off for a bit with The Bat Wing Coaster "leak" on their web site. :P (Probably because the year prior, GateKeeper was accidentally leaked before it was supposed to be announced)

Thats pretty much what I said. The showed up at Kings Island shortly after the August 8th announcement, so it would have probably started showing up at CSF a couple months before then. 

• Like 2

To tag along the thought of my previous post, there are pics from CSF in the Decoding 2014 thread prior to Banshee's construction posted on May 27th here: 

In the pics, there are some Green supports and unpainted Wing Rider track that probably ended up at Heide Park. Other than that, there is a single stack of what appears to be blue steel for the shed in the back, that likely was for Banshee. That probably gives us an idea when we can expect to see anything there. I wasn't going to dig through all 400 pages to see if there were later pics, but anyone else can feel free and try to pinpoint this. 

On the other hand, there was all kinds of site prep and footer-ing going on. Minus what O'rourke and the park gives us, we should see that opening day. 

• Like 5

45 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

@Hawaiian Coasters 325 haven't gotten a layout in a minute sir!

I'm right now kinda stepping back from doing all of these concept art layouts. I'm almost waiting for when we start the decoding 2020 and speculating stuff. This summer will be fun. Also, I've checked the Banshee webcam several times today and I saw construction equipment digging behind Banshee. I don't know for sure what is going on. I do know that the area is usually used as a junkyard, but I found it kinda interesting that there was one of those shovel trucks digging behind Banshee. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

I saw that as well but looks closer to the greenhouse.  I am not sure if they digging or just putting fill dirt there.

Earlier they were digging more towards Bat's turnaround and Banshee. Also right now they are right near the shed. The greenhouses are on the complete other side of the trees right across from the dorms.

• Like 1

Also, I've checked the Banshee webcam several times today and I saw construction equipment digging behind Banshee. I don't know for sure what is going on. I do know that the area is usually used as a junkyard, but I found it kinda interesting that there was one of those shovel trucks digging behind Banshee. 

I forget why I took a screenshot on the 7th but they do seem to have moved a fairly decent amount of dirt or debris the past couple of weeks.. the first screenshot is from the 7th and the second one is from today, it could be from the fountain and I street renovation or even from the antiques but heres some reference on some of what has changed.628f7c3e745ed2c301653ea3ef8eab95.jpgf9b90e39a193e34f93fb4a98952deb1b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

^ Agreed I think I remember seeing those  mounds of dirt every offseason. I am an avid cam watcher. Loving seeing work done during the offseason. I am also not seeing much if any dirt or earth being moved that closed to the coasters. So yeah?

¯\_()_/¯

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

I wonder if they will place an employee entrance near Banshee now or if they will have a tram to take them to the front?

I think that road between GWL and the dorms goes right past The Bat to the front gate, so they can tram the employees to the gate area or at least to the old picnic area behind Invertigo.

• Like 2