The Giga Speculation Thread

SonofBaconator

2 hours ago, upstop said:

Most likely they will put an “employee only” gate near Invertigo to let employees directly into the park, bypassing the main gate.

Why would they do this?  It's unnecessary cost.  They would have to construct a new entrance, staff it during working hours.  They would likely need to install locker rooms, staff HR to make sure that they have uniform options.

It says on the announcement that there are shuttles to/from the employee entrance.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, teenageninja said:

Why would they do this?  It's unnecessary cost.  They would have to construct a new entrance, staff it during working hours.  They would likely need to install locker rooms, staff HR to make sure that they have uniform options.

It says on the announcement that there are shuttles to/from the employee entrance.

I dont see the big deal, i think its good for the park, more people means more things will be open, along side most restaurants that are double sides might be open. Racer might have both sides open at all times. Think of the possibilities with this. 

• Like 1

Not sure if many people care for these pictures, but there does appear to be multiple types of track at the plant. Someone can correct me if I am wrong, but the thin spine appears to be a Hyper (both Hyper in B&M's eyes, but that's a different story), and the thicker spine appears to be a giga type. I circled the track below.

And the wife drove, so I'm being safe. :)

20190129_110141.jpg

• Like 8

That's track that hasn't been processed completely yet.  That color you see is rust, how it looks before its primed and painted.  Though, not all of it rusts like that, some of the track will be grey as well.  That's probably the newer track produced, I'm guessing before the rust sets in.

The thicker spine track are on all hypers and gigas at the bottoms of the bigger drops.  

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, sixohdieselrage said:

Not sure if many people care for these pictures, but there does appear to be multiple types of track at the plant. Someone can correct me if I am wrong, but the thin spine appears to be a Hyper (both Hyper in B&M's eyes, but that's a different story), and the thicker spine appears to be a giga type. I circled the track below.

And the wife drove, so I'm being safe. :)

Its also possible that the thicker spine is an area of the coaster that experiences more stress, so they make it thicker there then transition back to regular spine. Probably all for the same coaster. 

See if your wife will buy you a high powered lens that can read that tag. lol

Or maybe just go to the office and see if they care if you take pictures. Worse they can do is say no. ;-)

• Like 3

@RuthlessAirtime

If you know where the old Batavia Transmission plant is (Ford Plant) which is now UC Clermont East, its behind there off of Old State Route 32. Blue building at the intersection of Batavia Road and Old 32. The track will either be right out front, or to the East (Williamsburg) side. The tags should be on end or the other, on the spine. 

Remember, please do not trespass to get any pictures. 

9 minutes ago, sixohdieselrage said:

@RuthlessAirtime

If you know where the old Batavia Transmission plant is (Ford Plant) which is now UC Clermont East, its behind there off of Old State Route 32. Blue building at the intersection of Batavia Road and Old 32. The track will either be right out front, or to the East (Williamsburg) side.

Remember, please do not trespass to get any pictures. 

I meant I wouldn’t be sure where to look for tags on the tracks, but the directions help too haha

I looked it up on google maps and it’s about a 20 minute drive for me.

• Like 2

I would not look too much into that.  That area seems to be where they dump excess dirt from various projects around the park.  They likely are just doing some grading out there with some of the dirt that has been dumped.  Or they need fill dirt for somewhere in the park and are hauling it the area where they need the fill.

• Like 2

I honestly don't think HP would be building that early as they already have the dilemma of having to make a temporary entrance with that also on the docket and their hyper is mostly towards the front of the park.  

EDIT: Then again, they did ship in the Skyrush track early and let it sit for most of the season before going vertical. 

• Like 1

Given the proprietary nature of their manufacturing and the trade secrets that originate from that factory, I highly doubt that they give tours of their facility.  That being said, Coasterbuzz posted a video taken from within the facility when Gatekeeper was being built and Matt Ouimet and Rob Decker toured the facility.  

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, CoastersRZ said:

Given the proprietary nature of their manufacturing and the trade secrets that originate from that factory, I highly doubt that they give tours of their facility.  That being said, Coasterbuzz posted a video taken from within the facility when GateKeeper was being built and Matt Ouimet and Rob Decker toured the facility.  

That is an awesome lil video. The video editor in me wishes they would have color graded that footage though :wacko:

• Like 1

On 1/28/2019 at 9:12 PM, sixohdieselrage said:

@kirbias1 Must be a pretty big auger then. Or digging really deep. 

Yeah, it may or may not be, but I believe if this is a giga, they will use the land behind Banshee for a large portion of the ride due to minimal excavating needed because of how open it already is.

• Like 3

I swear we had the same discussion about how them moving dirt over there is/is not the start of giga construction last year in this same thread. 
And the year before
And the year before. 

They’ve been digging footers every year. They are going for the new Giga record of longest time to build a Giga

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just for the record personally I was not thinking it was for a coaster. Its the first time I saw them doing digging of any sort that close to the coasters. I was thinking of an employee entrance! don't get me mixed up with others that think its for footers lol 

• Like 1

I'm not 100% thinking it's for a coaster, but I find it interesting on where they are digging. It is the first time I've seen construction equipment back there on the webcams. I don't remember seeing construction equipment back there last year. Yes, the stuff we have talked about in the past back there is in the far right side which is the junk yard and people think it's clearing, but it's not.