The Giga Speculation Thread

SonofBaconator

14 hours ago, CoasterWorks said:

That's what I thought because they have ohio hydraulics on the contract 

That could be for brakes as well. There’s a lot of hydraulics involved in friction braking/mag fin braking.

3 hours ago, Bansheeback said:

What is odd is that the B&M inverts built before Raptor don’t have quite the roar that raptor does. I don’t think they would fill every invert but raptor with sand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From what I recall, the early B&Ms weren’t filled with sand because they didn’t really foresee the noise issue. Raptor is one of the last ones to have no sand in it.

Raptor is deafeningly loud. There’s no doubt in my mind that Banshee has sand in it. There’s no way to significantly dampen the sound with lighter trains/baffles inside the track or really any other design feature of the track.

It has sand in it, for sure.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Ben43065 said:

I wouldn’t say getting a 30+ million dollar B&M is settling. At least we’d know the ride would be reliable & have high capacity.

I'll give you a pass this time because you seem to be new but everyone knows I joke about B&M since I love Intamin lol its all good I know its a good investment.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Wouldn't be awesome if the giga got a Cobras Curse style queue? Thanks to Behind the Thrills for this cool walkthrough and it would be awesome for CF to do something like that.

We already had a queue like this, it's currently an empty beige box in Rivertown.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

5 hours ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I really want indoor parts of queue lines that will help on hot days. The shade that Cedar Fair puts in their queue lines are not enough imo. Like Mystic Timbers only has the two small sheds that you pass through that provides shade, but that's it. I say have queue houses as well that are air conditioned.

Most of the time those don't help with the hotness....you just take away the sun beating down on you. The fans have to work for you to get any breeze, but often it's just hot air blowing on you. 

You'd need an HVAC system if you really want to cool down on an inside queue. 

yeah! now Maverick has an awesome covered que line for a CF park. KI the only one that is covered much is FoF if I am correct. My brain is about done for the day already haha

I would also count Invertigo, Adventure Express, and The Beast (if you really count that as covered). Drop Tower and Delirium and also have pretty covered queues, and Delirium as a slight edge considering it is covered by trees to help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On another note, anyone hear about the crane for YS? It doesn't look photoshopped. Could possibly be the reason the track was sent back to CSF, to have it inspected. 

Pics= Generic Coaster Sh1tposting on FB. I only follow them to see the stupid crap on there. It gives me a laugh every day. 

@IndyGuy4KI delete this if you feel it's not needed.

Screenshot_20190216-192848_Facebook.jpg

• Haha 1