The Giga Speculation Thread

SonofBaconator

23 hours ago, sixohdieselrage said:

Just think, if Paramount still owned the park, we could get something like this below... 

:P

To be fair, they did have an electric horse ride on the actual ship. Similar to the old quarter bucking bronco rides you’d see at Thriftway.

And speaking of 2020 attractions, some park in China is actually building one of the largest attractions ever made.........032C09C1-CACD-4BC6-B0EF-7B32AB42F3FE.jpeg

I’m not joking.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, jtro223 said:

Does anyone here know what attractions were new to KI in 1983?  Or was there anything specific that happened at KI on 4-15-1983?

As far as what Wikipedia can tell us, 1983 was a fairly quiet year with no new attractions and just the retheming of part of the Wild Country Safari area into Adventure Village. KECO was formed that year and King Cobra came the year after. Also the original version of The Bat closed before the season ended.

After doing a little bit of research the only thing interesting I can find related to amusement parks would be that Tokyo Disneyland opened that day.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JubJester said:

Here's a question for everyone. Does a giga increase the value of a ticket into the park? Is it that big of an attraction?

Personally I’d be ok paying more for a giga rollercoaster but I’m sure there a lot more factors playing into wether or not a price increase will be justified. Fast Lane plus prices would probably increase if they added a giga Though considering how popular the ride would be it’s first year or so.

11 hours ago, JubJester said:

Here's a question for everyone. Does a giga increase the value of a ticket into the park? Is it that big of an attraction?

I think its about the biggest(no pun intended) thing they could build that would be a draw to the park. They aren't in a position to build a Universal/Disney level ride, so this is about as significant a ride they could do. Now the value of that to the paying customer varies. A family with 2 small kids would not want to pay extra or see any value in a giga. A twenty year old, going to college and still living at home would more likely to be willing to pay extra for one. It's all situational. Overall though, yes, it adds value to the park. 

• Like 1

On 1/29/2019 at 2:27 PM, RuthlessAirtime said:

I have a nice Nikon with a super long zoom lens. I might go up and try to take a photo of the tag on the track that folks are talking about, but I wouldn’t know where to look for it...

I said I'd deliver, and I'm a man of my word so here's some more speculation material.

Unless someone has a wicked good telephoto lens, we're not reading that tag on the spine. Looks like it might just be a barcode anyway.

Can't decipher any of the writing on the spine, could just be QC stuff/notes from manufacturing.

Who knows if this is for the KI project. I have my doubts. Kinda looks like a dive machine track or a hyper based on the turn radius on some of the pieces. Could be for Hershey Park's hyper or Yukon Striker.

20190214-P1240275.jpg

20190214-P1240288.jpg

20190218-P1240295.jpg

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Ben43065 said:

Personally I’d be ok paying more for a giga rollercoaster but I’m sure there a lot more factors playing into wether or not a price increase will be justified. Fast Lane plus prices would probably increase if they added a giga Though considering how popular the ride would be it’s first year or so.

I wasn't meaning an actual increase in price, but just the value of a ticket. Kind of like a ticket to Haunt offers more than a regular summer day.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RuthlessAirtime said:

I said I'd deliver, and I'm a man of my word so here's some more speculation material.

Unless someone has a wicked good telephoto lens, we're not reading that tag on the spine. Looks like it might just be a barcode anyway.

Can't decipher any of the writing on the spine, could just be QC stuff/notes from manufacturing.

Who knows if this is for the KI project. I have my doubts. Kinda looks like a dive machine track or a hyper based on the turn radius on some of the pieces. Could be for Hershey Park's hyper or Yukon Striker.

This is what Banshee's tag looked like. The Part Number tells what type of coaster it is for. 

KG71qEQ.jpg

As for the track in the pics, I'm leaning wing. Just based on the thickness of the spine and the shape of the webs holding the rails. It looks similar to some other wing track I could find. It may match other styles they do though, so nothing I'd place a bet on. 

9 minutes ago, MaxxForce said:

I'm hoping for a B&M clone of Spain's Red Force coaster, because that would be cool. Just make it longer and add a chain lift, perhaps make the ride stall before the drop, include 1 or 2 inversions, and you have a winner on your hands.

G0Zf8yi.png

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, MaxxForce said:

Wow, I never knew that a post talking about my dream giga coaster could be called a troll post.  

(sigh)

Seriously though, that post was my honest opinion, and if you don't like it, that's fine. No need to imply it's a troll post.

Well you said you wanted a B&M clone of a typical strata coaster except with a chain lift and inversions. The whole point of strata coasters is the launch. Putting a chain lift on it just makes it a taller giga. Making it longer, adding inversions, and a chain lift makes it a completely different coaster. In other words, not a clone. If you would have just said i want a 400 ft tall coaster with inversions, I dont think anyone bats an eye. Well maybe. But to reference a specific coaster as something you want but then describe a completely different coaster and call it a clone, you make people question if you are serious or trollng. It wouldnt be the first time that happened in this thread. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, fryoj said:

Well you said you wanted a B&M clone of a typical strata coaster except with a chain lift and inversions. The whole point of strata coasters is the launch. Putting a chain lift on it just makes it a taller giga. Making it longer, adding inversions, and a chain lift makes it a completely different coaster. In other words, not a clone. If you would have just said i want a 400 ft tall coaster with inversions, I dont think anyone bats an eye. Well maybe. But to reference a specific coaster as something you want but then describe a completely different coaster and call it a clone, you make people question if you are serious or trollng. It wouldnt be the first time that happened in this thread. 

Actually, Red Force is 367 feet, so it isn't over 400 feet. I understand that this would be confusing. What I meant to say was I wanted a coaster whose lift hill was a clone of Red Force, but with a lift hill and a stall. The rest of the ride would be different. Now that I think of it, clone might not have been the right phrase. Anyway, shall we get back on topic?

• Like 1

I am not 100% certain this has been discussed, but I would love to see some kind of tunnel or two for the giga we may or may not get. I'd love it to have a portion go underground, maybe have a walkway to the ride over that portion similar to Fury's tunnel. I of course would love another tunnel, maybe to go with the lay of the land.

Thinking more and more about it, I'd love for a hunter green colored track with brown supports or a purple track and a black support combo.

Where are the artists in here? Can y'all make some mock ups for color combos on Giga track? lol

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, chugh43 said:

I am not 100% certain this has been discussed, but I would love to see some kind of tunnel or two for the giga we may or may not get. I'd love it to have a portion go underground, maybe have a walkway to the ride over that portion similar to Fury's tunnel. I of course would love another tunnel, maybe to go with the lay of the land.

Thinking more and more about it, I'd love for a hunter green colored track with brown supports or a purple track and a black support combo.

Where are the artists in here? Can y'all make some mock ups for color combos on Giga track? lol

I'm on it. I will try and post later this evening. As I am at work right now lol

• Like 2

3 hours ago, chugh43 said:

I could load up my No Limits project for my Beast Unleashed coaster and take a bunch of screenshots of different color combos lol

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, chugh43 said:

A tunnel would be fantastic! If they do add a tunnel though I’d hope it’s not the crappy leviathan tunnels. Beast concrete styled tunnels would be what I’d personally prefer.

• Like 1