The Giga Speculation Thread

SonofBaconator

I don't know if it has been discussed yet on this forum (and I don't want to search through all 140 pages) but has anyone talked about the valley behind X-base. It is ~50-60 ft and if the first drop went down there we have some possibility to have a record-breaking drop. Think about it. If the valley is 60ft and your lift hill is 340ft (only 15ft taller than fury) then you have a strata drop on your hands. I had already built a concept of this and it is on our channel here: New Kings Island Giga! StraGiga 405 (Speculation Video)

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Coaster Critics said:

I don't know if it has been discussed yet on this forum (and I don't want to search through all 140 pages) but has anyone talked about the valley behind X-base. It is ~50-60 ft and if the first drop went down there we have some possibility to have a record-breaking drop. Think about it. If the valley is 60ft and your lift hill is 340ft (only 15ft taller than fury) then you have a strata drop on your hands. I had already built a concept of this and it is on our channel here: New Kings Island Giga! StraGiga 405 (Speculation Video)

That's a great concept! My only critique layout wise is that b&m usually uses sharper banks to avoid awkward G's with the exception of Fury's turn around. Also I know that probably had to do with Planet Coater's smoothing system. Great layout tho!

• Like 1

That is more like a strata lol Its taller then the tower. Also after the first airtime hill is there no more tall portions of the ride? It goes from Almost 400 feet to maybe 200 then to a ground hugger lol. Im just messin with ya man haha would look great in the KI skyline.

9 minutes ago, Boris81 said:

Did you guys read the latest Cedar Fair conference call? They implied that the major coaster additions will likely slow down . Do you think that this affects next years addition? When will we see actual construction work for the new B&M?

No it won't affect next years addition(s)....as they are already in the process (design, planning, likely site prep, etc.) If anything, I feel like the additions of major coasters have slowed down in recent years anyway...we'll continue to see additions as parks evolve. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, chugh43 said:

No it won't affect next years addition(s)....as they are already in the process (design, planning, likely site prep, etc.) If anything, I feel like the additions of major coasters have slowed down in recent years anyway...we'll continue to see additions as parks evolve. 

I agree, there’s no reason CedarFair would scrap several large projects just because they had a rough start last year. 

I think we're still gonna see a lot of additions for a couple years. After that I hope they continue themed areas and renovation. The Giga will just put King's Island on social media's radar. I've already had people tell me they're only gonna go next year for "Steel Beast" (that concept video that the GP thinks is real).

• Like 1

On the topic of "How would a Giga Coaster look on the KI Skyline", I made a not-100%-accurate version of Kings Island in RCT3 using "Custom Track" coasters from the park. For those who don't know, Custom Tracks in RCT3 are basically rides imported from No Limits or 3D models to RCT3. Not every ride from Kings Island has been made but enough of the "big visible from the parking lot" ones were, so I went outside the park using the free cam and noticed the skyline looked pretty close to what KI's actual skyline looks like. Which gave me the idea to put in the Custom Track of Leviathan (there isn't a Fury 325 CT I know of yet nor a custom B&M Giga) where Firehawk used to sit just to see what a 306-foot tall Giga would look like. Also do note the Eiffel Tower and International Street buildings aren't mine, I saved them from a recreation of KI I downloaded a while back for use in my other RCT3 parks because I liked how they looked. I forget who originally made them, I do recall them being someone here on KIC though. (I think it's from Kitchenslayer on RCTgo's recreations)

Edit: Crud, it did not upload the way I wanted it to. You will have to click the link and download the image apparently.
Edit 2: Nevermind, I found a image hosting site that is free and works. Here is the RCT3 screenshot I made.

Shot0003.png

• Like 1

And as stated in the conference call, they will still make large additions like coasters, they are just going to space them out more, and leverage their current collection of rides more and fill in between with more economical attractions/special events.

I think most on here would agree that Cedar Fair has done a great job in updating Kings Island`s infrastructure over the last decade plus of their ownership.

• Like 6

What they said in the conference call was that they aren't walking away from the big investments like coasters. They will be complimented by special events. Imo what they talked about with the spacing out things means that we will probably seeing more gaps between coasters and will be seeing more flats, family attractions, waterpark expansions, etc. I really think KI needs to go on a spree of flats.

• Like 4

That document which was released contained every company that the park has done business with for 2018-2020. Diamondback just received new seats: could it be that B&M's appearance on that document could have been just because of that? Maybe Banshee is getting new restraints in 2020 as well. Are you sure that Kings Island is really getting a coaster in 2020?

That document which was released contained every company that the park has done business with for 2018-2020. Diamondback just received new seats: could it be that B&M's appearance on that document could have been just because of that? Are you sure that Kings Island is really getting a coaster in 2020?

Purchasing new seat covers for Diamondback in no way requires a notice of commencement. The purpose of that form was to inform the county of the construction projects that would be taking place. Putting new seat covers on the trains isn't a construction project.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

To add to Bansheeback, and has been stated previously in the thread, the commencement mentions real estate improvements and "the project." New seat covers don't count as either. It seems unlikely a ride as new as Banshee would get new restraints especially considering the newest kind B&M uses are already on it. And again this wouldn't fit the descriptions used.  This would refer to some kind of construction project, either a major modification or new. It's rare for steel coasters (especially B&M's) to be changed and neither Banshee nor Diamondback seem to need any changes.

• Like 2

I would love a giga and I find it the most likely option, but I'm not ruling out other B&M models. Like a wing, dive, or maybe a B&M flyer (which I find pretty unlikely). If you are 100% expecting a giga, you are setting yourselves up for disappointment if it does not happen. People were hyping a giga for 2014 and 2017 and they didn't happen and guess what Banshee and Mystic Timbers are great additions to this park! The park was lacking a true invert as well as a modern day wooden coaster and they both filled those gaps. 

• Like 1