The Giga Speculation Thread

SonofBaconator

This is what people on other forums think about a rumored 2020 coaster and the documents...

Quote from coasterforce.com:

[[While it's not a definite answer as to why B&M is on the list, it rules out the idea that it must mean a new roller coaster. As stated above, it could easily be a new set of wheels/seats.

Also, it would most definitely be required to be reported regardless of how menial it might seem. If you had to replace all the doors and windows in your house/apartment, your family/housemates/landlord would not be happy to see such a large project be "not reported" because it's not a development of the property. If it costs money, make sure it's reported.

There is absolutely zero shred of evidence of a new coaster going to Kings Island in 2020. This document is not proof for the reasons stated. A fan made concept is not evidence. Firehawk's removal isn't even evidence - for all we know, the plot of land can sit barren for years before anything happens with it.

You absolutely want proof of a new ride? Go to the city/county clerk's office and look to see whether the park has filed any site plans or building permits. Pay attention to city council agendas to see if the park is presenting future plans.]]

I would love to have a new coaster next year, but I still have my doubts.. 

8 minutes ago, Boris81 said:

This is what people on other forums think about a rumored 2020 coaster and the documents...

[[While it's not a definite answer as to why B&M is on the list, it rules out the idea that it must mean a new roller coaster. As stated above, it could easily be a new set of wheels/seats.

Also, it would most definitely be required to be reported regardless of how menial it might seem. If you had to replace all the doors and windows in your house/apartment, your family/housemates/landlord would not be happy to see such a large project be "not reported" because it's not a development of the property. If it costs money, make sure it's reported.

There is absolutely zero shred of evidence of a new coaster going to Kings Island in 2020. This document is not proof for the reasons stated. A fan made concept is not evidence. Firehawk's removal isn't even evidence - for all we know, the plot of land can sit barren for years before anything happens with it.

You absolutely want proof of a new ride? Go to the city/county clerk's office and look to see whether the park has filed any site plans or building permits. Pay attention to city council agendas to see if the park is presenting future plans.]]

A rollercoaster seat train is almost certainly not required to be reported. If things that insignificant that don’t even relate to the physical property of the park that list would have been way longer. If you look at the document you see companies that developed physical property (Roofing companies, tile companies ect). Of course just because B&M on the list doesn’t guarantee a giga but it wouldn’t really make much sense for them to be on there for a seat train. We’d so way more manufacturers on that list if that’s why they’re there.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Boris81 said:

As others have stated, that document has to do with real estate improvements. General maintenance like new wheels or seats does not need to be reported to the local government. If KI reported every purchase they made and every bit of maintenance they performed, it would be an insane amount of paperwork. If B&M was coming in to build a new coaster, or perform modifications to an existing coaster, that would need to be reported.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

I'm not why this is so hard to understand for some. If they needed a permit to update seats or anything  they would have to file permits every off season and you don't see that....

Sorry, but I am not a native english speaker, as I am from Germany, so it is harder for me to understand immediately what english documents tell.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sixohdieselrage said:

@jtro223 Its possible, if they are painting up above a certain height, that they need to be listed for some legal/OSHA/insurance reasons. Whereas, new seats, etc, can be done on the ground. 

Also Painting effects the physical look of an object, if you paint your house or building a certain way it’d need to be approved by the county. Also if it is a New rollercoaster Bayum would be the ones who paint it I believe.

With the listing of hydraulics, construction companies, B&M, and various part manufacturing companies, I highly doubt they're just painting Diamondback. if that was the case why would they not announce it like they have every other renovation? We had an extremely similar document for Mystic Timbers. People seem to be on this weird coaster skepticism bandwagon. It's fairly silly to say they'd need documents to perform annual maintenance. They didn't even have documents for GCI retracking racer's turn around (as far as I know).

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, jtro223 said:

But if it is "routine maintenance projects," why would Bayum Painting be listed?  I happen to think the new roller coaster will be a B&M, but it could be for a new chain and anti-rollbacks and brakes on Diamondback for instance.  

11 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

Would they need a permit for that? Maybe  Diamondback is gonna get a fresh coat of paint? Maybe Vortex is because that thing looks terribly faded.

I doubt that they'd have to file a permit for things such as anti-rollbacks....Mystic Timbers had them added after the lagoon going toward the shed....I don't recall seeing a notice of commencement being filed for that.

Info on why a notice of commencement needs to be filed is here: Ohio Revised Code

One of the companies contracted in the notice of commencement is Brehob Engine & Compressor Co....which I would guess would be for a compressor which coasters have...but could also just be for the antique autos.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Ben43065 said:

Also Painting effects the physical look of an object, if you paint your house or building a certain way it’d need to be approved by the county. Also if it is a New rollercoaster Bayum would be the ones who paint it I believe.

You don't need a permit to paint your house or building certain color.

Going back to the "chances of a Giga" being the 2020 project...last year at Coaster Stock, Mike Koontz, GM, during a Q&A said that he recommended to the Cedar Fair board that the park should install a Giga Coaster, adding that to the Notice of Commencement I'd say our chances of a Giga coming to KI would be in the 90%-99% range.

• Like 7

58 minutes ago, JudeHoward said:

With the listing of hydraulics, construction companies, B&M, and various part manufacturing companies, I highly doubt they're just painting Diamondback. if that was the case why would they not announce it like they have every other renovation? We had an extremely similar document for Mystic Timbers. People seem to be on this weird coaster skepticism bandwagon. It's fairly silly to say they'd need documents to perform annual maintenance. They didn't even have documents for GCI retracking racer's turn around (as far as I know).

As I said in my post, I personally believe the new coaster will be a B&M coaster.  I highly doubt that either one of our B&Ms needs significant modification such as a new chain or anti-rollbacks, but if they did, I would suppose they would have to be permitted but then again I don't know.  Those specific items were mentioned as a "what if."  As far as painting--I could see a permit needed for the painting above a certain elevation as @sixohdieselrage said.  I don't know about Mason/Warren County codes, but I wouldn't think a permit would be needed.  As far as painting a new coaster from B&M--wouldn't that be part of the initial build cost, and the painting happen at the factory?  If so, why would a permit be needed for a new coaster?

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, jtro223 said:

As I said in my post, I personally believe the new coaster will be a B&M coaster.  I highly doubt that either one of our B&Ms needs significant modification such as a new chain or anti-rollbacks, but if they did, I would suppose they would have to be permitted but then again I don't know.  Those specific items were mentioned as a "what if."  As far as painting--I could see a permit needed for the painting above a certain elevation as @sixohdieselrage said.  I don't know about Mason/Warren County codes, but I wouldn't think a permit would be needed.  As far as painting a new coaster from B&M--wouldn't that be part of the initial build cost, and the painting happen at the factory?  If so, why would a permit be needed for a new coaster?

In regards to painting according to Baynums website their completed projects includes Banshee indicating they’re the ones who paint it which may result in them having to be listed.   

• Like 1

[mention=11402]Ben43065[/mention] Wait. When was Banshee repainted? The original paint is applied at CSF.

It wasn’t. Diamondback is also listed on their site. I don’t think that CSF does their painting independently. Baynum may just paint track at CSF.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, sixohdieselrage said:

They definitely paint them in house. If you drive by at the right time, when the front left bay door is open, you can get a glimpse at the room they paint in. 

Yea they paint them in house but Baynum maybe contracted to paint the rides at their facility which wouldn’t be that strange. Baynum is in the Cincinnati area and also here’s a fun fact - the first ride they painted was The Beast.

• Like 1

Chances of a new B&M Coaster in 2020: 97%(3% reduction for natural disaster/terrorist acts or something else that would cause them to cancel the project)

Chances of is being a Giga: 85%(Wing, floorless, and flyer are in the game, but I'd be highly surprised if they didn't go Giga)

As for the permits not being proof, thats the kind of nonsense that attention seekers, contrarians, and people desperately hoping their pet project/company are coming spout off.It was the same when Banshee footers were in the ground and was clearly for a B&M inverted. There were still people on here saying it proved nothing and it was going to be an Intamin Giga.

29 minutes ago, Bansheeback said:

It wasn’t. Diamondback is also listed on their site. I don’t think that CSF does their painting independently. Baynum may just paint track at CSF.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kings Island would not have to file permits for work done elsewhere. Whoever paints the track at CSF would be contracted and paid by CSF(or possibly B&M depending on how their contract is laid out) and would have nothing to do with the Kings Island side of it. KI has a contract with B&M for a coaster. They don't contract with the people that paint the track, the steel company that made the pipe and plating that CSF uses to make the track or Joe the welder who assembled it. If Baynum is listed on KI's permits, they are doing work at KI. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, fryoj said:

Chances of a new B&M Coaster in 2020: 97%(3% reduction for natural disaster/terrorist acts or something else that would cause them to cancel the project)

Chances of is being a Giga: 85%(Wing, floorless, and flyer are in the game, but I'd be highly surprised if they didn't go Giga)

As for the permits not being proof, thats the kind of nonsense that attention seekers, contrarians, and people desperately hoping their pet project/company are coming spout off.It was the same when Banshee footers were in the ground and was clearly for a B&M inverted. There were still people on here saying it proved nothing and it was going to be an Intamin Giga.

Kings Island would not have to file permits for work done elsewhere. Whoever paints the track at CSF would be contracted and paid by CSF(or possibly B&M depending on how their contract is laid out) and would have nothing to do with the Kings Island side of it. KI has a contract with B&M for a coaster. They don't contract with the people that paint the track, the steel company that made the pipe and plating that CSF uses to make the track or Joe the welder who assembled it. If Baynum is listed on KI's permits, they are doing work at KI. 

Baynum works on site though when a rollercoaster is assembled to assure the paint job is fine.