The Giga Speculation Thread

SonofBaconator

4 hours ago, Maverick44 said:

Wow that's TTD for ya haha It must be a CF standard?

That would make sense, especially if KI employees are sent to help at CP for any reason, such as an exchange program. Besides, 425 feet seems a lot more like a drop from a potential lifthill, given the fact that we think it's going in the back of the park.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Yes, I would love a giga and I think that it's the most likely option, but what if they got a launched wing instead? I made this concept of a launched wing in the old Firehawk plot of land.

IMG_20190304_183147_774.jpg

I would love to see this at KI! 

Yes, I would love a giga and I think that it's the most likely option, but what if they got a launched wing instead? I made this concept of a launched wing in the old Firehawk plot of land.
IMG_20190304_183147_774.thumb.jpg.8878af188b5eebf635fd2824666676b3.jpg

Needs to be a different color, because Banshee is already that color.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Maverick44 said:

Yes, They will paint the coaster these colors due to Invertigo's Removal ;) lol

I thought it was more of getting guests to talk, "hey look it's Invertigo!" "Didn't it used to be smaller" "Yeah, but 12 people died on it, so they rebuilt it" 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, flightoffear1996 said:

They are low capacity and of all the flying roller coasters that I have been on have been just meh.

I haven't ridden one, so I didn't know. Wouldn't be smart putting in a low capacity ride after you took one out.

24 minutes ago, flightoffear1996 said:

They are low capacity and of all the flying roller coasters that I have been on have been just meh.

Flying rollercoasters are probably my favorite coaster type behind hyper coaster. Flying coasters are also not low capacity (Assuming its double loading) Manta for example has 1,500 riders per hour while Banshee has a capacity of 1,650, not that much of a difference.

For B&M flyers, I've only ridden Superman: Ultimate Flight at Six Flags Great Adventure, which currently is my least favorite B&M, but I'm willing to hold reservation on judging them as a whole since I haven't been on the bigger and/or more elaborate designs like Manta or Tatsu (the later has some other features outside the flying design which look appealing to me).  On the other hand, I really liked Firehawk, though, I preferred sitting on the brake run and going up the lift on the B&M version than the Vekoma version.  My only complaint on the B&M flyer restraints are the leg restraints, mainly as I'm not a fan of any form of leg/shin restraints.  

In terms of other models, I think a B&M floorless is entirely plausible, too.  

• Like 1

Manta and Tatsu - the best B&M flyers in the US - are really, really good rides.  Having said that, they aren't what I would consider re-rideable coasters.  The forces that those rides exert can be a little uncomfortable given the position you're riding in, and as a result, I very rarely have a desire to immediately re-ride.

One of the reasons that a B&M giga is going to work well at Kings Island is because of a high re-rideability factor.  I always want to immediately re-ride the best B&M hypers - Diamondback, Fury 325, Mako, etc.  The ability for a ride to be both thrilling and re-rideable is a very difficult thing to achieve in a ride, and that's one of the reasons that B&M hypers have been extremely successful for the Cedar Fair chain.  They're really fun rides, they move a lot of people through, and they are really tall which makes people talk about them.  People of all ages like B&M hypers.  I don't really think the same can be said of the B&M flyers, at least not to the same degree.

I think Banshee took care of the "adding inversions" to the park's lineup very well for the time being.  The park needs a "here's our no-doubt-about-it-we're-putting-this-on-all-our-brochures-and-billboards-and-commercials" signature ride.  Cedar Fair is not going to overthink this.  Diamondback was the best addition to the park in the last 30 years.  Some may debate that, but if you look at the popularity Diamondback has enjoyed these last 10 seasons, the high guest satisfaction, high uptime, ridership numbers and hourly capacity I'm really not sure that there's a case to be made for any other attraction.  Adding something that will top Diamondback will make everyone happy, and I look forward to seeing what B&M can do with a giga on the land available to them.  

• Like 3