The Giga Speculation Thread

SonofBaconator

Installing a flyer right after removing a flyer would be a bad, bad, move IMO. For multiple reasons:

1. Why offer your guests the exact same concept that most of them have already experienced?

And no, I don't buy into the sentiment of a giga being "redundant" upon DB. If its designed anything like Leviathan or Fury (hopefully more like Fury), then it should offer an experience entirely different from DB.

2. While B&M flyers tend to have better capacity than their Vekoma counterparts, that isn't to say that their capacities are good. Or at least, they're not on par with what KI would want. Even when they're capacities are increased by features such as the dual station like on Manta, that requires extra resources in terms of staffing, which would up operating costs. High operating costs (along with maintenance issues etc.) was one of the reasons to axe Firehawk in the first place.

And with regards to B&M flyers' reliabilities (or lack thereof) while I cannot speak on all their flyers, I would infer from my anectodal experience there not that reliable either. Or at least not by B&M standards.

In each of the four trips I've made to NJFTP, Superman was down for an extended period of time at some point in the day (or worse, when I was stuck on the final brake run for 20 mins! :wacko:) Again, I can't speak on to how reliable their other flyers are, but my experiences at Great Adventure I feel were to frequent to be a coincidence.

There are also just so many more moving parts on flyers as opposed to other B&M models, which likely requires more $$ in maintenance.

In other words, a B&M flyer would bring with it many of the same issues Firehawk had, but just to a lesser degree.

• Like 7

I hope its a giga. I think the flyer talk started just based on concept art we did. I do not agree that a flyer is in the mix. Just tired of doing giga's for the moment. I would personally love a blitz coaster and a giga. I'm good on a Dive, Wing or flying coaster. IMO - been there, done that. I think the world / The US could use more Blitz coasters =). BUT since it seems that KI is working with Boring and Mundane again ;) I think it will be a giga. I just hope its as good if not better then Fury. If not Mill force reigns in Ohio!

• Like 3

One would think...…..haha. Yes Meaningless and Bruised made a great coaster in Fury. Some of the other "Gimmick" coasters are fun but just meh to me haha. I hope its a giga. I just want a more aggressive ride. I wish B&M and Intamin would do joint work and make KI the biggest and baddest giga on earth. 499 feet tall. 105mph. Ejector air. Floater air. All of it haha 

• Like 2

That's funny you mention that, because in a way, they actually did do joint work at one time.

Walter Bolliger and Claude Mabillard were former Intamin employees! :lol:

Which helps to explain why Intamin track used to look like this, and why B&M track looks as it does today...

Image result for batman the escape

https://www.google.com/search?q=batman+the+escape&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjnqJ-pmPvgAhWEMd8KHbr1A74Q_AUIDygC&biw=1366&bih=657#imgrc=ptYZEIRw8UfL8M:

• Like 4

These are all the B&M coaster models. The ones X'ed out are what I'm personally ruling out beyond reasonable doubt...

image.png

Reasons to rule out:

Invert: See Banshee

Sitting: While I certainly wouldn't object, I'd be surprised if they went with this model and forgo the marketable "gimmick" of floorless trains. They're practically the same type of coasters anyway, just with different trains.

Stand-up: HA! That's a good one...

Family [Invert]: See Flying Ace

Flying: Just removed Firehawk.

Possibilities still in play:

Wing or Dive: Many are ruling these out because of the presence of GateKeeper and Valravn, but I will ask this...

Does anyone else feel like we take too much stock in the supposed proximity "issue" so commonly cited. After all, the presence of Raptor didn't stop Banshee. And if GK and Valravn would supposedly stop a wing or dive from happening, why wouldn't Rougarou then rule out a floorless?

Is it because GK and Valravn are both still "too new" for KI to receive something similar, while Raptor and Rougarou are/were "old enough"? Is it because Inverts and Floorlesses are more of staples while Wings and Dives are more of novelties?

Or am I answering my own question?

Floorless: While you can't go wrong with a floorless, it just wouldn't seem like the blockbuster addition that KI would want. And if this means anything, the park's lineup currently features 20 total inversions, which puts them at being among the most in the world (https://rcdb.com/ib.htm). Any looping coaster would just be adding more to something we already have plenty of.

Hyper [Giga]: This remains to me as the most likely candidate.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Maverick44 said:

but but what about "Space beast" lol @MDMC01 That was my concept lol

Whoops... my bad :P

Also, continuing the conversation, a standard looping coaster from B&M would be interesting as there aren't many around (I can only think of 4 off the top of my head- Wildfire, Hulk, Dragon Khan and whatever the former Led Zeppelin coaster is now called). Aside from.a Giga, I'd love KI to get a Floorless and a Dive Coaster.

13 hours ago, MDMC01 said:

Whoops... my bad :P

Also, continuing the conversation, a standard looping coaster from B&M would be interesting as there aren't many around (I can only think of 4 off the top of my head- Wildfire, Hulk, Dragon Khan and whatever the former Led Zeppelin coaster is now called). Aside from.a Giga, I'd love KI to get a Floorless and a Dive Coaster.

Its all good haha. What is Kumba considered?  I feel like that is a looping B&M.?

• Like 2

^That would be another one.

But there's not many of them, and like I said I think that has to do with parks wanting to have the marketable floorless concept instead.

Really, I'm indifferent to sitting and floorless. Like I said, I'm pretty sure they're the same coaster - just with different trains.

A plus of having sitting trains is that you don't need the large mechanical floor to drop from under the train and come back again repeatedly.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BeastForever said:

^That would be another one.

But there's not many of them, and like I said I think that has to do with parks wanting to have the marketable floorless concept instead.

Really, I'm indifferent to sitting and floorless. Like I said, I'm pretty sure they're the same coaster - just with different trains.

A plus of having sitting trains is that you don't need the large mechanical floor to drop from under the train and come back again repeatedly.

Oh for sure i'd pick a floorless coaster. Lol KI already has Vortex so Floorless id another option the park could take on. I think giga first though. I think they need to make it better then Fury though.

• Like 1

IMO, my rankings of what I want vs. what I think we'll get of the B&M models looks like this- not counting what I think are super longshot models:

WHAT I WOULD WANT-

#1- Giga

#2- Floorless

#3- Wing

#4- Dive

WHAT I EXPECT CF TO ADD-

#1- Giga (Most likely, as it has been the most demanded by many, and KI's GM was noted asking for one a while back)

#2- Dive (I think it's one of the more possible options for 2 reasons: The GP adore them, making them good additions in that sense, and they are much cheaper versus all the other B&Ms here.)

#3- Wing

#4- Floorless

#5- Flying (Super Longshot, IMO possible but less than 1% chance)

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, sixohdieselrage said:

@Maverick44 But that will upset all of the Fury/Carowinds fanboys/fangirls. :p

oh boo hoo lol They will get over. Can't hold the record for ever.

3 minutes ago, McSalsa said:

IMO, my rankings of what I want vs. what I think we'll get of the B&M models looks like this- not counting what I think are super longshot models:

WHAT I WOULD WANT-

#1- Giga

#2- Floorless

#3- Wing

#4- Dive

WHAT I EXPECT CF TO ADD-

#1- Giga (Most likely, as it has been the most demanded by many, and KI's GM was noted asking for one a while back)

#2- Dive (I think it's one of the more possible options for 2 reasons: The GP adore them, making them good additions in that sense, and they are much cheaper versus all the other B&Ms here.)

#3- Wing

#4- Floorless

#5- Flying (Super Longshot, IMO possible but less than 1% chance)

I think personally I would be mad if it wasn't a giga or even a floorless. Wing, Dive and flying coasters just don't do it for me. Don't get my wrong I would ride them each visit but not like I would a giga.

As much as I loved riding Manta at SWO, I think the chances of us getting a flying coaster after removing one would be pretty slim to none. A floorless coaster would be nice to keep us close to the inversion record, but I do still think the most likely option is a giga given what has been brought up in this thread. Whilst B&M markets Diamondback and a hypothetical giga as the same model, based on what I've heard about Intimidator 305 and Fury (as I've yet to ride either coaster) I presume that it's a different enough ride since they seem to have the 300 foot drop, one large floater airtime hill and the rest is fairly low to the ground (if I'm wrong on this come tell me, I am simply trying to generate content). 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, silver2005 said:

I think the default with B&M sit down looping coasters is to automatically upgrade them to floorless since they haven't been hired to build a sit down looper in decades (LZ was their last build of that model). 

They recently rebuilt Hulk.

People I hate to break it to you. But I talk to the real Mike (Yes i did) And I say "People Wanted to see a giga coaster to be a beast sequel, Can you do that."

Mike says, "NOOOOOOOOOOO no no no nooo I don't wanted to be a sequel to The Beast. Not after the last one."

So sorry everyone if your on The Beast sequel train. I think it comes to a stop.

• Like 1