The Giga Speculation Thread

SonofBaconator

2 hours ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

I guess that is what I was talking about, but I still think that track for such a potentially large project would have to be produced earlier than usual

Fury track didn't show up at Carowinds till Late September. The earliest pics of it at CSF I can find is August. It's going to be a while. May at the earliest. 

2 hours ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

I was just wondering if any suspicious track showed up at Clermont Steel Fabricators if anyone has driven past there recently

Double, but someone posted pics from there is the last month or so.

At this point, I would classify track as suspicious if looks like it could be the track of one of the possible rumored coaster models for Kings Island, and if looks like it is giga track, we might be on to something

Btw, I know that the B&M hyper track is used for both gigas and hypers, but it looks as if there is a difference with the track during the drops, so that is something that could be looked for

ad4d74dd066f446ac96be12f7f6e66b2.png1a32100c49bde1089de4d2311afed4c3--kings-

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

At this point, I would classify track as suspicious if looks like it could be the track of one of the possible rumored coaster models for Kings Island, and if looks like it is giga track, we might be on to something

Btw, I know that the B&M hyper track is used for both gigas and hypers, but it looks as if there is a difference with the track during the drops, so that is something that could be looked for

They seem to start with the station/storage shed track, so that won't tell you much. Also, they don't lay them outside, all in one piece, nor are they put out sequentially, so there's no way to tell the shape of the arc by the pieces laying on the ground. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sixohdieselrage said:

@FUN&ONLY! You missed quite a bit then. Like, Intimidator305 was Intrimidator305, etc. 

I'll keep an eye out since I drive by the plant every day. 

I have heard these jokes, but I just found it funny that someone renamed it to that on Google, but then again, earlier this year It said  that Kings Island was permanently closed

• Like 1

Just now, sixohdieselrage said:

As @fryoj said, the only pieces you can get a clue if whatsoever, are some lift hill pieces, and a block section, if it exists on the ride. 

I guess you are right, but if we start seeing many many B&M hyper track pieces, that may give us a clue as well

7 hours ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

I was just wondering if any suspicious track showed up at Clermont Steel Fabricators if anyone has driven past there recently

Yes actually. It's been a big problem. A lot of the paint they use inside the buildings to spray the track have gone missing. They caught some of the "suspicious track" you mentioned on the security cam. They seemed to be scoping out the place from the tree line before the paint went missing. It will be interesting to see what will happen.

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

I guess you are right, but if we start seeing many many B&M hyper track pieces, that may give us a clue as well

Short of physically walking onto CSF property and reading the ID tags on the pieces, you won't know what type of coaster they are for. That kind of thing is frowned upon here, so don't expect to see those pics. B&M track, other than inverted, all has a similar design style and looks the same at a distance. Also, Hershey park has already announced a B&M Hyper type for next year, so a piece of Hyper track at the plant is ever less of a clue. Regardless, you won't see many many pieces of any US based 2020 coasters till late Summer. We've seen at least 4 different color tracks in their lot at times. They aren't going to have to rush this project for any reason. If anything, their closeness to KI would make it slightly less of a rush to get theirs done. 

3 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I've not 100% expecting one since it's not 100% confirmed and hasn't been announced yet. All we have is the removal of Firehawk and the Notice of Commencement.

As much as I want a giga, or anything, in 2020, I do agree that it is far from confirmed that we will be seeing a new coaster, especially since it is not KI’s turn in the chain to receive a new coaster, but this has me wondering who in the chain might end up receiving a new coaster in 2020 if KI does not

15 minutes ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

As much as I want a giga, or anything, in 2020, I do agree that it is far from confirmed that we will be seeing a new coaster, especially since it is not KI’s turn in the chain to receive a new coaster, but this has me wondering who in the chain might end up receiving a new coaster in 2020 if KI does not

Because Cedar Fair really cares about spreading out who gets rollercoasters..... there was a 3 year gap between Banshee and Mystic Timbers so once could assume that maybe it indeed would be Kings Island “turn”. Any ways with there being a major roller coaster removal last year I’d say 2020 is a reasonable assumption as to when Kings Island gets a new rollercoaster.

• Like 1

The thing is, enthusiasts want to talk about who's turn it is, who deserves it, etc....but Cedar Fair will decided to do what they want to do when they want to do it. If they want a coaster for KI in 2020, it'll happen. If they want a coaster for KI in 2021 instead, that'll happen. It's not about turns, it's about business.

• Like 1

Who else is exciting about walking in a month from now and heading to FoF and seeing a big fence blocking our view with some sort of coded teaser on it?

With the filed plans, combined with the removal of Firehawk, there is no way we aren’t getting something big and marvelous for 2020.

In one month ALL the fun and speculation begins!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

1 hour ago, FlightTimberHawk said:

I'm not entirely convinced KI gets a coaster in 2020, especially a giga. I think enthusiasts need to temper their expectations right now.

1 hour ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

We literally have documents filed with the county in August with 2018, 2109, 2020 as dates and B&M listed as a contractor. How is that not a confirmation? The county uses a much higher standard than "the park hasn't posted anything on Facebook about it."

The only logical explanation is people like to play the "I'm going to be the contrarian on a message board" game.

• Like 7

It does not work in turns. If that were the case, the smaller parks would've gotten some sort of coaster by now. It's about business. I honestly think some people are setting themselves up for disappointment since everyone is thinking it's confirmed when it really isn't.

It is about business, and business at KI has been flat. The plans say B&M. The most likely spot for ANY coaster was in DA area. Well DA is gone and they decide to tear down the coaster next to it. Huge open plot of land the same year plans are filed for 2018, 2019, and 2020 listing B&M as a contractor.

Yes people will be disappointed because every sign points to something big and it being a Giga. Cedar Fair would be seriously disappointing a ton of people if there wasn’t a major coast going into Kings Island in 2020.

My belief is there is a Giga site being graded and smoothed out right now

#itsbig #itsgone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, fryoj said:

We literally have documents filed with the county in August with 2018, 2109, 2020 as dates and B&M listed as a contractor. How is that not a confirmation? The county uses a much higher standard than "the park hasn't posted anything on Facebook about it."

The only logical explanation is people like to play the "I'm going to be the contrarian on a message board" game.

Plans can get cancelled or delayed at any time. We would have heard a lot more by now imo if this really was a humongous giga project. 

21 minutes ago, FlightTimberHawk said:

Plans can get cancelled or delayed at any time. We would have heard a lot more by now imo if this really was a humongous giga project. 

Who says? Why would we have heard a lot more by now? They may be keeping things under wrap until people actually step foot into the park.

• Like 1

Plans can be cancelled or delayed yes, but it's doubtful to me. With the documents and removal of Firehawk, I believe it's about 99% confirmed that we will be getting some type of B&M coaster in 2020. To me it's a tad early to be saying we should know something by now. It's still very early in 2019.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

• Like 1