The Giga Speculation Thread

SonofBaconator

I think there is a contract that is signed between CF and B&M.  if KI backs out of a coaster...….wouldn't that coaster have to go elsewhere in the chain? I feel like this due when we were supposed to get " Firehawk" then didn't. If I am wrong I do apologize.

RE: changing plans on a whim:  There is a theory by Brendon at Amusement Insiders that Valravn was originally slated to be built at CWonderland in 2015, but plans were changed quickly because GateKeeper didn't bring in the expected traffic to CP, and they needed something quickly.  It makes sense, and there is some logic to it.  But in the end, I think CWonderland got the better end of the stick because Yukon Striker looks to be better than Valravn.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, beastfan11 said:

Past additions aren’t going to tell us exactly what is going to happen. The removal of Firehawk was credited to the issues that have been discussed at great length. Using the legal documentation as proof or a reason to “laugh” doesn’t change the fact that there is no proof that anything is happening on that specific piece of land. It doesn’t mean it isn’t going to happen, but to make bold claims requires a bit of information to back it up. Right now there isn’t any. 

There is paperwork that suggests that a B&M project was in the works when it was filed. This could still be the case or something may have changed. We don’t know just like we have no idea of know what type of coaster could potentially be built. Or where it could be built. 

better-software-14-waterfall-ux-61-638.j

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KevM86 said:

Other than the first drop, Valravn is pretty meh. I would like to see CF start working more with Mack Rides and RMC. Carowinds got Copperhead Strike. So maybe

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Only time will tell on MACK and CS. It looks awesome but can it beat Maverick.

Only time will tell on MACK and CS. It looks awesome but can it beat Maverick.
Maverick is tough to beat. When it's running. Def my favorite ride throughout all parks I've been to.

• Like 2

On 3/19/2019 at 5:50 PM, BeeastFarmer said:

RE: changing plans on a whim:  There is a theory by Brendon at Amusement Insiders that Valravn was originally slated to be built at CWonderland in 2015, but plans were changed quickly because GateKeeper didn't bring in the expected traffic to CP, and they needed something quickly.  It makes sense, and there is some logic to it.  But in the end, I think CWonderland got the better end of the stick because Yukon Striker looks to be better than Valravn.

CWs park management was asked about this during the lunchtime Q&A at the ACE event there last year and it was confirmed that a dive was supposed to come in the year or two after the removal of SkyRide at the end of 2014 but business decisions caused the planned coaster was moved to CP...

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Bansheeback said:

Are you kidding? All you can see in the picture is the land where Firehawk used to sit...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm simply saying that if it's going to be a Giga, there would have to be a path of land cleared out extending in some direction from the FH area just to make room for lift hill. It's still way early though. Just making observation. 

5 minutes ago, KevM86 said:

Isn't there a ton of land already cleared in that area anyway? SOB took up a ton of space. A new giga could go over that way.

True, but I think a path of land would need to be cleared to reach that area, which could easily be done rather quickly. 

To be fair, most of the land around the FoF building and Adventure Express is pretty cleared away already.  If a giga were to start there, you won't be seeing the heavy duty supports until you get out by AE, thus they wouldn't need to clear much away as is.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, silver2005 said:

To be fair, most of the land around the FoF building and Adventure Express is pretty cleared away already.  If a giga were to start there, you won't be seeing the heavy duty supports until you get out by AE, thus they wouldn't need to clear much away as is.

Judging by Google Earth, quite a bit would still need to be cleared to reach SOB's former area. After that, it's wide open.

GM Koontz told the crowd at coasterstock last year that he requested the Cedar Fair board invest in a Giga coaster for Kings Island in the next 3-4 years.  That would put us at 2021-2022.  The hype fence might not go up until next year.   The soonest we could see land clearing is later this year.  The markers would be out of sight so we might not be able to tell if anything is going on back there.  I'm afraid the speculation will have to continue for some time.  It does seem a bit out of character for Kings Island to rush the Firehawk demolition (complete with station removal), but taking this to mean construction is imminent is likely fallacious.  

• Haha 1