The Giga Speculation Thread

SonofBaconator

On 3/15/2019 at 6:33 PM, Maverick44 said:

Well @IndyGuy4KI I have taken your advice and try to fit a giga in close to water park.

I give you " Son of King Cobra"  - As some may notice it has a very B&M feel to it. I really actually like this haha.

Son_of_King_Cobra.png

I like the addition of the figure 8 turn around. Would love to see that at KI!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, KevM86 said:

Anyone think our Giga will be longer than Fury?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Personally I think it will beat Fury in most stats, with the use of the terrain and all the resources the park has, when we get the giga it should be the best one in the world. 

Just for reference, Fury stats: Height- 325ft Drop-320ft Length-6,602ft Speed-95mph

Ours should have a bigger drop, be longer, and have a higher max speed than Fury, given the terrain and money that Kings Island has probably saved for this ride. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, KevM86 said:

Anyone think our Giga will be longer than Fury?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I think that if it is placed in the back of the park, then yes. There's simply enough terrain and space back there that I hope for a long ride. I don't think it will be the longest coaster in the world (since RCDB has the difference between Steel Dragon 2000 and Fury as a little over 1500 feet) but with Fury being the longest steel coaster in North America, I'd love to see KI have the longest wooden in the world as well as the longest steel coaster in the world, but I think the latter will be a continental record rather than world record.

I wouldn’t get my hopes up for a giga if I were you espeacilly if CF may spend elsewhere. Keep an eye out for a wing or flyer.

Thing is Fury was built because of the expanding market of the Carolinas, and was part of a massive investment by CF. KI hasn’t gotten that much out of Banshee (their biggest investment) and Mystic Timbers (one of the most expensive wooden coasters) return wise so a giga at a fairly stagnant park isn’t a wise decision.

It just seems like something built up by fans more than legitimate proof.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, FlightTimberHawk said:

I wouldn’t get my hopes up for a giga if I were you espeacilly if CF may spend elsewhere. Keep an eye out for a wing or flyer.

Thing is Fury was built because of the expanding market of the Carolinas, and was part of a massive investment by CF. KI hasn’t gotten that much out of Banshee (their biggest investment) and Mystic Timbers (one of the most expensive wooden coasters) return wise so a giga at a fairly stagnant park isn’t a wise decision.

How do you know exactly what the ROI on those two investments were?

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, FlightTimberHawk said:

Doubtful we'd get a wing coaster anytime soon with GateKeeper being a big foot traffic draw at CP. 
Doubtful we'd get a flyer after just removing one.

What exactly are they supposed to get out of those two rides you mentioned? Are they supposed to get a certificate that says "Congratulations! Your Investment Was Worth It! Way To Go Gang!"

It's laughable that you think that Kings Island is a fairly stagnant park...if it were stagnant they wouldn't continue to invest in the park....the park would continue to be busy throughout the season.

4 minutes ago, FlightTimberHawk said:

Attendance, industry insight, ridership.

Please provide proof for these.

• Like 3

While I don't agree with his giga prediction, @FlightTimberHawk is right when he says that KI is in a very saturated market. If you listen to CF earnings calls or read the published reports, parks like Carowinds, CGA, and Canada's Wonderland are in expanding markets. I don't remember which call/report specifically mentioned this, but Zimmerman has talked about less then expected returns on Banshee and Mystic -- trends like this are why we are seeing added investment into entertainment offerings like WinterFest and Grand Carnivale.

I think we will see a giga, but I think it's purpose will be to draw on the vacation market, not the season pass market. It seems that pretty much everyone in this region that wants a season pass has one. I think we'll see an on-site hotel constructed shortly after the giga because there's more money to be made in that sector. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, FlightTimberHawk said:

Attendance, industry insight, ridership.

Keep in mind that CGA’s hyper already got canned due to Railblazer’s poor performance.

People that know what they're talking about would dispute what you're talking about.

Also, provide your source for CGA's hyper being "canned due to Railblazer's poor performance."

1 minute ago, Creed Bratton said:

People that know what they're talking about would dispute what you're talking about.

Also, provide your source for CGA's hyper being "canned due to Railblazer's poor performance."

If we're playing this game, provide your source for, "People that know what they're talking about would dispute what you're talking about."

So you suggest cancelling a ride because a park suffered in attendance?  Are you sure you know why they added rides and attractions?

Also, no one in their right mind would tell you that Mystic was their most expensive wooden coaster.  Yeah, it was more expensive than Racer, if you don't take inflation into account (which would be silly).  From all things I've heard, Mystic was a relatively moderate investment from a normal capex standpoint.  They also had one of their strongest years ever in 2017 when it debuted.  A lot was done correctly that year and that's why they had success.  Mystic certainly didn't hurt that and most certainly wasn't a failure by any stretch of the imagination. 

• Like 2

Just now, 139Signal27 said:

If we're playing this game, provide your source for, "People that know what they're talking about would dispute what you're talking about."

We aren't playing a game....it's a take on the saying that's been around here for quite some time.... which went to the tune of “Those who know do not speak. Those who speak do not know.”

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Creed Bratton said:

We aren't playing a game....it's a take on the saying that's been around here for quite some time.... which went to the tune of “Those who know do not speak. Those who speak do not know.”

He wasn't claiming inside knowledge. He was talking about industry trends and publicly released information.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FlightTimberHawk said:

The permit was cancelled.

Can you please provide the proof / source of your information?

People please read the TOS if you made a " for sure" or an "it was or is" statement there needs to be a source or proof. I am not sure how many more times we need to go over this?

• Like 1

Yeah, maybe some of you should read the TOS rather than expecting it to be enforced as you see fit. Nothing he said claimed to be from an inside source. Everything there short of the permit cancellation can be read as opinion or a person's interpretation of things. The permit cancellation would be of public record, and, once again, not an inside source. Just because you don't know how or where to look up the info, does not mean it is against the rules. Theres nothing there that violates the TOS.

Proper spelling, grammar and respecting other members are enforceable under the TOS, but plenty of people violate those without the TOS police saying a word about that. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, fryoj said:

Proper spelling, grammar and respecting other members are enforceable under the TOS, but plenty of people violate those without the TOS police saying a word about that. 

The real TOS police here, and I did not see anything wrong with asking for the source of his information that was provided. No one was disputing his information, just wanting to know the source of it. I also did not see anyone being disrespectful.  

Case closed.

• Like 5

I don't see KI being a park that doesn't get attention.  It is one of the chains most popular parks. I think it would help ALOT of there was on site hotels or lodging. I feel a giga would help bring in people from the mid plains say Missouri area. I think Ki would be closer then Carowinds. I am not sure why everything needs to turn into a heated debate. Lets keep cool heads and respect each other. 

@FlightTimberHawk If you look at the reports from TEA they show that Kings Island attendance has been constantly growing and is by no means stagnant. Judging by how much is being invested into KI this year paints a very different picture then what your “inside” information is suggesting. A stagnant park doesn’t receive investment.

• Like 6