The Giga Speculation Thread

SonofBaconator

I like a nice storyline to go along with a coaster, which we have seen with Twisted Timbers, Copperhead Strike, and Mystic Timbers, and to a lesser extent, Steel Vengeance.  (I can't speak to RailBlazer).  But once the train leaves the lift hill, I'm not concerned about visual themes, but it is nice to pick that up once you get to the brake run.  In the overall cost of the coaster, I would think the cost of theming wouldn't be a huge percentage.

• Like 3

^^I came up with a theme a while back that is about three scientists who set up their base (X base) to come up with cool inventions. Their first invention simulates you flying through the dark like you are flying through space (Flight of Fear). Then later they came up with another invention that unfortunately didn't work out for them because it was too complicated. (Firehawk) Then they got to work creating their next big invention. (giga)

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Ben43065 said:

Because they don’t always break records? Banshee for example wasn’t the fastest or tallest invert when it opened. And plus giga records are somewhat hard to beat. To be the tallest giga it’d have to be 368 ft and to be the longest giga coaster it’d need to be the longest coaster in the world. I wouldn’t be surprised if it broke the US giga height record.

I like how you conveniently leave off the record that Banshee actually did break, longest track on an inverted coaster.

https://www.visitkingsisland.com/play/rides/Banshee 

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/local/2014/04/17/Banshee-debuts-at-kings-island/7832837/

Secondly giga records are not hard to beat for B&M specifically (small sample size) each giga they have manufactured has been more impressive than the last one at the very least in pure stats alone.

Leviathan(12)     Fury 325(15)

Height:   306ft                     325ft

Drop:      306ft                     320ft

Length:   1,672                    6,602 

Speed:    92mph                95mps 

On to your next point it would only have to be 326ft to be the tallest chain lift giga in the world, we all know that Red Force is a launched coaster that doesn't fit the mold of the worlds other gigas. I know this is all speculation on everyone's part but I see our eventual giga as a record breaking destination coaster. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, DonkeyKong said:

I like how you conveniently leave off the record that Banshee actually did break, longest track on an inverted coaster.

https://www.visitkingsisland.com/play/rides/Banshee 

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/local/2014/04/17/Banshee-debuts-at-kings-island/7832837/

Secondly giga records are not hard to beat for B&M specifically (small sample size) each giga they have manufactured has been more impressive than the last one at the very least in pure stats alone.

Leviathan(12)     Fury 325(15)

Height:   306ft                     325ft

Drop:      306ft                     320ft

Length:   1,672                    6,602 

Speed:    92mph                95mps 

On to your next point it would only have to be 326ft to be the tallest chain lift giga in the world, we all know that Red Force is a launched coaster that doesn't fit the mold of the worlds other gigas. I know this is all speculation on everyone's part but I see our eventual giga as a record breaking destination coaster. 

I mean marketing is going to be able to make up dozens of records like they always do but at the end of day do people really care about some of the “records”. In terms of the big 3 records out there (Height, Speed & length) I doubt it’ll break any of those, I’m sure there’s going to be records it’ll break (I already mentioned it’d probably break the North American records) but who really cares about a lot of these records? You can spin almost any coaster to break some records, you could theoretically say Banshee broke the records for “First invert with vest restraints, Only B&M invert with no pre-drop”. Records for the most part are just for marketing.

27 minutes ago, Ben43065 said:

I mean marketing is going to be able to make up dozens of records like they always do but at the end of day do people really care about some of the “records”. In terms of the big 3 records out there (Height, Speed & length) I doubt it’ll break any of those, I’m sure there’s going to be records it’ll break (I already mentioned it’d probably break the North American records) but who really cares about a lot of these records? You can spin almost any coaster to break some records, you could theoretically say Banshee broke the records for “First invert with vest restraints, Only B&M invert with no pre-drop”. Records for the most part are just for marketing.

Marketing will always find ways to hype up their product that's true, but I do think people care about the records, having the "big three" records would make the giga a huge draw worldwide. If Kings Island comes out with just a standard giga coaster, just to say theres one at ki, then those people not in the Kings Island area won't circle Kings Island as a "must see" kinda trip. So to us that have passes and such it may not mean as much, but it would mean a lot to the guy in California that was considering not going to Kings Island that year cause its "out of the way" or something. And besides KI is our home track we should want it to have the best of the best lol, lets just have some fun y'all and not be uptight.

• Like 2

If a Coaster is coming in 2020, then yes we'll see teasers this summer at the latest (and signs of clearing, construction as well).  If a Giga is coming in 2020, then I suspect we'll see teasers this spring as well as clearing and construction this spring.  First thing to look for is a fence, a fence always supersedes a coaster :)

Interesting video on a poster found at Carowinds. Imo the saying that sticks out to me the most is "hangar 18 research compound." I don't know if hangar 18 is used somewhere already since I've never been to Carowinds. The reason I'm posting this here is because hangar 18 makes me think of the Xbase theme at KI. Now, I'm taking this as a grain of salt because I know not to trust posters like this too much after what happened over the summer with the "number 5 is alive" thing. I just wanted to share this because the hangar 18 thing stuck out to me.

Hangar 18 at WPAFB has long been rumored to be the location where alien bodies/tech are stored. 

It was also referenced on one of the Flight of Cheer posters at KI. I suspect this is just a nod to those rumors by the artist, and the same artist was likely used for all of these posters. 

C4FB2082-9C61-4CB9-AA8B-05C89578375E.jpeg

Do you all think that the park would give out significant hints before a ride was revealed? I mean do you ever see a situation where looking at posters like that has actual validity? I hope so because that would make for a fun year!

On 4/1/2019 at 8:37 AM, Creed Bratton said:

Bigger is not always better. And the comment of "why would they take a step back??" is laughable. You're assuming it's going to be a step back for something that no one has even ridden yet....you're assuming that it's not going to be a good experience anyway, even IF it doesn't beat 325 feet tall. That's laughable.

This. (Semi-unpopular opinion alert) For example, the best coaster at CP is 325 feet shorter than the tallest. 

On 4/1/2019 at 9:29 AM, silver2005 said:

Honest question-

Why would B&M building a giga a few feet shorter than Fury 325 be considered a  'step back'? 

Because people. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

If I remember correctly, Mystic Timbers has the word Steel Vengeance mentioned in one of it's posters and it has been there since MT opened which was before Steel Vengeance was even announced and no one knew that SV was the name of RMC Mean Streak.

I believe that the poster in question was not put there until Winterfest of 2017 after the SV announcement.

• Like 1

baa97c89e135a718584c962d605195c1.jpg

There was this poster that was found at Cedar Point last year that hinted toward what eventually became Yukon Striker at CW. So it’s not out of the question to cross tease between the parks.

It also seems like these posters and other Easter Eggs/possible hints have only been going on the past few years. It’s hard to tell what the intent is at this point as it’s still a rather new thing they are doing. I like where they are going with the multi park theme/story line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, ohiocoasterfan said:

0f1d1a31f0f15c866306e0e9135aa3c1.jpg

There appears to be some earthwork going on from somewhere inside the park. I’ve been watching two dump trucks making trips and keep adding to the circled area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Landscaping.  I drove by at lunch and saw them spreading mulch.