The Giga Speculation Thread

SonofBaconator

1 hour ago, DonkeyKong said:

If we are getting a 2020 coaster is it too early to see significant activity?

If it turns out that we get something for 2020, I think there is a good chance to see some sort of evidence opening day. Only a few weeks left to find out.

Banshee and Diamondback had obvious signs of work being done the year before they both opened and it was obvious what both were going to be on day 1.  Mystic Timbers had some signs early, but it was more up in the air on what it was going to be due to it being smaller and they were slower in site prep.  

• Like 1

Yes if I remember correctly MT was a slow roll out as far as clearings go, but the teasers and fence were up on day 1.

Banshee I’m not on but I’d assume there was a fence up since opening because it was there during the summer and teased heavily

Diamondback I have no clue as I wasn’t on the site or enthusiast at the time.

If there is any chance that we see a Giga in 2020, I would fully expect a fence and a possibility of some sort of visual indication from WindSeeker. If not trees removed we should see some bright pink markers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12 minutes ago, silver2005 said:

Banshee and Diamondback had footings in the ground and the later had the splash pool ready to pour.  

There were footings on opening day? Didn’t know that, I’m definitely having a lot of anticipation for preview night.

*Blows dust and cobwebs off.

Here's a link to the thread if you want an idea of timeline with Banshee.  

For those who want a trip down memory lane, you're welcome.  

Warning- high levels of shenanigans in store.  

silver2005, who (mostly) fondly remembers the 2013 season build up to Banshee.  

• Like 8

April18thKI_022.jpgopeningdayweb-29.jpg

These are two photos of Diamondbacks construction taken before the park opened in 2008 straight from the sites cosntruction gallery. Pretty significant amount of work done well before the ride was announced or opened. If the coaster isn't going in the Firehawk area, I have doubts there would be a 2020 coaster. Guess we will have to see if there is any construction/prep going on elsewhere in the park on opening day.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ohiocoasterfan said:

I think the reason all that work was done prior to the season is it’s location within the park. It’s surrounded on all sides.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

True, but they were also clearing the woods behind the crypt at this time too.  Hoping to see some footers or hints at a new coaster come opening day. 

1 hour ago, KevM86 said:

Yeah I don't recall Banshee being nearly that far along on opening day.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Maybe not with concrete being poured, but if you read the thrad referenced a few posts back there were already hints towards what Banshee became. Construction walls and teaser signs. We haven’t seen any teasers or walls yet. 

• Sad 1

27 minutes ago, Phantom Theater said:

Maybe not with concrete being poured, but if you read the thrad referenced a few posts back there were already hints towards what Banshee became. Construction walls and teaser signs. We haven’t seen any teasers or walls yet. 

We probably will not see any teasers or construction walls until the park opens, so we will just have to wait and see!

I think we are guaranteed to see a wall or a fence of some sort where Firehawk used to be because I know for a fact that they are not going to want anyone walking back there even if they are not working on a construction project

I think it all depends on if there are teasers or posters on this wall

• Like 3

I don't think they have to do a teasing campaign the way they did for past projects. Copperhead Strike and Yukon Striker didn't start their teaser campaigns until later in the season if I remember correctly. I think it would be nice if they let the first few weeks focus on the antique cars, then sometime in like late May/ early June, they could start putting up hints at the park and/or on social media and get everyone buzzing later. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, silver2005 said:

That area will be very difficult to see in any detail from the Eiffel Tower with the Flight of Fear building blocking most of the Firehawk site. 

What about the view from Windseaker? Do you think that would give you an adequate view?

I was actually just saying at work tonight... I'm sure Blue Racer will be getting an increased ridership this year, just as WindSeeker did for Antique Autos construction and like the Train did for Mystic Timbers construction (also for getting that distance for Pokemon Go :P).

• Like 1

I'm sure it's been talked about here, but I didn't feel like scrolling through the pages :P

I had a conversation last night about the name of the future Giga at KI.....so what do you all think the name could be? Could it be another coaster with a number in the name? List your ideas! 

I don't believe these would be the name but here are a couple of examples: Invader (to fit the "X Base" theme) or Invader 315. 

I hope to heck it /doesn’t/ have a number in the name, personally.

I hesitate to offer suggestions, because Mystic Timbers came from soooooooooo far out of left field :). But, I think I may have mentioned before it would be cool to have it somehow reference the origins of powered flight as a nod to the Wright Brothers of Dayton, and/or space travel since Ohio has produced so many astronauts. Also, any reference to space or aliens would be perfectly in place for X-Base. 

• Like 3