The Giga Speculation Thread

SonofBaconator

I don’t know if it’s been done before but the element I would like to see is as follows (I added arrows for direction).

28a0dd42b56015e5998b018f9ec92fc6.jpg

Basically a double helix that drops through the center of the helix. Possibly with an inversion at the top.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

@Creed Bratton True.  Also, I think the RMC in BGT is beyond vertical with the likely use of lap bars, though if it does have lap bars, it'll be the heavier set like SV has, at least compared to the slightly more minimal restraints on, say, Storm Chaser.   

I still suspect they'd modify it some how (maybe not with a vertical drop but if its beyond vertical, than I think it'd be likely), and I'm not a fan of the vests that restrict air time on dive coasters like Valravn (I'm okay with them on Banshee as its more of a positive G and inversion focused ride) and I hate shin restraints in general.    Intamin's T lap bars are also pretty tight compared to B&M lap bars.  Even being stapled on a B&M hyper has a bit of room to work with.  I think it'd be likely that B&M and/or Ohio gov't might make those adjustments if the first drop and/or layout is too wacky.  Just look at how the restraints on Steel Vengeance differ from pretty much every other RMC with the kind of layout it has.  I could be wrong, but I think there's enough to go on in context where restraints beyond a simple lap bar are certainly plausible.  I think the NTAG accident still dwells in the minds of coaster manufactures and parks. 

But, this is being nitpicky.  I think it'll be a standard 80 degree drop a la every other B&M giga.  You don't need that much impressing with a 300+ ft drop. 

• Like 3

^ Um, aren't we forgetting a certain coaster?    :lol:

There was a "TTD" (lol) built in the US just two years later after the "orginal TTD" which has OTSRs.... What's it called again? hmmm.....

9940172-large.jpg

But with that said though, restraint tech has come along way for seemngly all manufacturers, Intamin included... The third "TTD" (Red Force) went back to having lap restraints only (albeit not in the US.)

6 hours ago, BeastForever said:

^ Um, aren't we forgetting a certain coaster?    :lol:

There was a "TTD" (lol) built in the US just two years later after the "orginal TTD" which has OTSRs.... What's it called again? hmmm.....

9940172-large.jpg

But with that said though, restraint tech has come along way for seemngly all manufacturers, Intamin included... The third "TTD" (Red Force) went back to having lap restraints only (albeit not in the US.)

I feel pretty comfortable saying that last part is the key. 

As for an element I'd like to see, how about a double down? 

To join in on the restraints discussion, the worst coaster restraints I've ever experienced were on Skyrush. For comparison, Millennium Force's T-Bar works, but Skyrush's restraints made the ride super painful on my theighs. If the restraints were changed, I'm sure I'd have a much more positive opinion on the coaster. Anyone (on here lol) know why those specific restraints were used (and apparently continue to be used- IIRC, Flying Aces (in Dubai) is a newer Intamin coaster with those same restraints)?

• Like 2

I don't know the specific reason but when you're investing in something that will cost millions of dollars to build, I'd assume that these comfort issues have been fixed since Skyrush (Skyrush was sort of a prototype Intamin Wing Coaster with lapbars). I haven't ridden any newer Intamin Megacoaster, so I can't say for myself. 

• Like 1

Went past CSF today.... lots of track sitting outside. Appears to be the right size for a hyper/giga. Take a look and tell me what you think. The track is a dark red/brown color. I’d assume this is for a 2020 attraction.

Photo taken safely from the street (legally). 

647AA2D4-C398-4000-BA64-3B931AA2882F.jpeg

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, DeltaFlyer said:

Went past CSF today.... lots of track sitting outside. Appears to be the right size for a hyper/giga. Take a look and tell me what you think. The track is a dark red/brown color. I’d assume this is for a 2020 attraction.

These are Black Tracks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, DeltaFlyer said:

Although it is hard to make out the color in this picture, this is most likely the brown colored track for Hershey’s 2020 Hyper coaster. 

• Like 3

I'd be curious to see the tag on that track. Might give us an idea what we are getting if similarly marked track shows up later this summer. If anyone happens to see pics of it on another site, feel free to PM me a link.

3 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

Those pics have to be for the " Hershey Squirt" haha That is what they named it right? haha :D:lol:

You know what happens if you eat to much Hershey chocolate, hopefully it's not a work day

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Cedar Fair Fanboy said:

These are Black Tracks.

Honestly, I would want to see how this would look with maybe black track and white supports

If it ends up not being brown tracks, it could very well be for a Kings Island giga coaster as the track would need to be produced earlier than the other B&M new for 2020 coasters due to its sheer size and Cedar Fair’s strict construction timeline

I think black track would look cool when it's freshly painted but as soon as it starts to fade even slightly It would look pretty bad imo. I would still like to see a super bright lime green track with white supports.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

15 minutes ago, KevM86 said:

I think black track would look cool when it's freshly painted but as soon as it starts to fade even slightly It would look pretty bad imo. I would still like to see a super bright lime green track with white supports.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I like the idea of green, but I would prefer it to be a little darker because I feel like a light color would also deteriorate over time (Diamondback’s lift hill supports are a whole different shade then when they were originally built)

Ugh. Anything but green.

Raptor...Hydra...Hulk...

All  BLECH!  (In my opinion, especially when they fade...)

And Ka is no looker either.

Personally, I'm hoping for some kind of blue. Either a tried-and-true MF blue, if not...

Related image

(No offense to UC fans out there, but I think these colors would look awesome :D)

• Like 2