The Giga Speculation Thread

SonofBaconator

2 hours ago, KevM86 said:

I would eliminate red. We already have two B&Ms that are a darker shade of red. They almost certainly wouldnt build another red B&M.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I hope they have used all of the red paint they got on sale with Dick Kinzel as the head of Cedar Fair :P

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

Give me white track with blk or gray supports!

I do think a white and black color scheme would look cool, and anyone who passes Clermont Steel Fabricators regularly, do you know what color the tracks actually were?

2 hours ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

I do think a white and black color scheme would look cool, and anyone who passes Clermont Steel Fabricators regularly, do you know what color the tracks actually were?

I'm on Bauer Road UDF off 32 now, so I'll update this post when I drive back by. 

Gray (unsure) and Brown (Hershey I assume)

• Like 3

Perhaps a nice Salmon color...soft on the eyes and not too feminine.  Says “hey!  We’re comfortable with our sexuality.”  Haha...sorry couldn’t help myself.  I don’t care what color it is as long as we get one (a giga).  It could be pink and I’d still ride it (no pun intended)

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, sixohdieselrage said:

I'm on Bauer Road UDF off 32 now, so I'll update this post when I drive back by. 

Gray (unsure) and Brown (Hershey I assume)

The gray track you mentioned could just be track that has yet to be painted

1 hour ago, Bruzer said:

I doubt I'm the first to think this but this has been on my mind since the new year. Has anyone else heard the 20 year theory?

Yeah plenty of people have talked about about that. Personally I think it’s really just a coincidence considering Kings Island really needed both a Hyper rollercoaster and another large steel looping coaster. 

43 minutes ago, KevM86 said:

I have not. What is the 20 year theory?

That Kings Island received the model of rollercoaster Cedar Point added 20 years earlier. Magnum XL - Diamond back, Raptor - Banshee, both installments 20 years after Cedar Point. Now the theory is 2020 for a giga since it’d be 20 years since Mill Force.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sixohdieselrage said:

Dont think so. It's not in the staging area, and doesnt appear to be the typical "primer gray" color. 

Since KI is focused on nostalgia, I think this confirms a GiGa version of Top Gun.  CF will once again feature a ride from the past, but what was old is new again.  They just haven't announced it yet because the contracts for the naming rights haven't been inked.  #GiGaconfirmed #TopGun2020KI #kidding #parody #parodyinghashtags

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, sixohdieselrage said:

I did once. But it was only a day. Next day, the pieces were moved. 

Was it a large quantity or just a few pieces? I always assumed they wen't straight from primer to paint with them. 

I would be fine with a Mack blitz or an Intamin blitz. If we get B&M giga in 2020 that makes our last 3 steel coasters all B&M. I don't have anything against B&M, but I would like to see them work with some other manufacturers eventually. Copperhead Strike is a good sign that will happen.