The Giga Speculation Thread

SonofBaconator

3 hours ago, fryoj said:

I'd say there will probably be teasers, but I could see there not being any. Now if we go back into X base, and there hasn't been any work done on the site, I'll be surprised. 

I am sure everyone else is feeling the same way, but I really want there to be teasers on opening day as that would make for an extra interesting opening weekend on top of all of the other 2019 Additions

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

I am sure everyone else is feeling the same way, but I really want there to be teasers on opening day as that would make for an extra interesting opening weekend on top of all of the other 2019 Additions

Oh I agree. The teasers are fun. But footers are where the magic is at. lol

• Like 1

At this point, the ones who don't believe are just choosing not to. The NOC is a pretty substantial piece of proof. 

Yes it’s a huge piece of proof. Also those that have the ability to fly over and see what has been going on also have a lot of proof. Being that they have not shot down the speculation leads me to believe there is current activity (likely clearing/footers).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 6

I am by no means saying that this is for 2020. But I did spot this concrete truck (driving towards the parking lot) on the Banshee webcam on the maintenance road that goes from the parking lot and runs behind Flight of Fear and where Firehawk stood.
(I would have posted it earlier but I was having issues with Tapatalk at the time)39ef197f91e71f1ccb40d898780ea8d4.jpgfbc0c33d6f904923e8ae30eb23873e08.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like 3

I am by no means saying that this is for 2020. But I did spot this concrete truck (driving towards the parking lot) on the Banshee webcam on the maintenance road that goes from the parking lot and runs behind Flight of Fear and where Firehawk stood.
(I would have posted it earlier but I was having issues with Tapatalk at the time)39ef197f91e71f1ccb40d898780ea8d4.jpgfbc0c33d6f904923e8ae30eb23873e08.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Good catch! I don’t know why they would be pouring concrete in that specific area 2 days before opening unless it is related to 2020. All construction is already done on the Tiques. Very interesting...

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, kirbias1 said:

Yeah, doubt that concrete truck would be for dorms or tiques because they are almost finished. Plus, it looks like it was coming back from x-base area.

Yeah, and if they were laying concrete back there, it would almost certainly be on off-limits space because it is not likely that the concrete would fully set by the time the park opens on Friday

Honestly, it very well could be footers or something for the Firehawk area

• Like 2

There looks to be clearing all the way back behind Firehawk towards the Little Miami in October. On Google Earth, if you click on 3-18 there is nothing cleared, but once you drag the arrow forward to 10-18, there is significant clearing. Just happened to see this. Could be nothing, but looks to be something to me.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Coasterperson1231 said:

I was at the park recently and they had a privacy fence up in front of the former Firehawk area. 

Did it look to be a temporary fence, or something more “permanent” like a wooden construction wall?

2 minutes ago, kirbias1 said:

There looks to be clearing all the way back behind Firehawk towards the Little Miami in October. On Google Earth, if you click on 3-18 there is nothing cleared, but once you drag the arrow forward to 10-18, there is significant clearing. Just happened to see this. Could be nothing, but looks to be something to me.

Is there any way you could post some pictures because I would love to take a look?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

Yeah, and if they were laying concrete back there, it would almost certainly be on off-limits space because it is not likely that the concrete would fully set by the time the park opens on Friday

Honestly, it very well could be footers or something for the Firehawk area

A concrete sidewalk could be poured this morning and be walked on this afternoon. Two days later, it would be more than sufficiently cured for foot traffic. You wouldn't want anything load bearing to have that short of a cure time though. 

• Like 2

If the lift hill approaches the Little Miami, that clearing makes sense because that would probably be the area for the drop and sharp turn to the left towards all of that open space behind Banshee, or it could be for more storage buildings. I guess we'll see.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, kirbias1 said:

That appears to be new clearing. If you closely, it looks like they took it past the brown terrain and cleared more to the left. 

Also you can see a little pond in the first image. It is now filled with dirt. Interesting!!

Edit: I see now that the pond is still there covered by trees. 

Edited by Phantom Theater
  • Like 2

A concrete sidewalk could be poured this morning and be walked on this afternoon. Two days later, it would be more than sufficiently cured for foot traffic. You wouldn't want anything load bearing to have that short of a cure time though. 

If you had all off season to pour concrete why would you wait until two days before opening? Doesn’t make sense logistically. Theoretically possible but also unlikely.

21 minutes ago, ohiocoasterfan said:

If you had all off season to pour concrete why would you wait until two days before opening? Doesn’t make sense logistically. Theoretically possible but also unlikely.

I was responding to the person about concrete curing time, not necessarily what it was.  

That being said, if they still had dump trucks or other equipment coming in and out with dirt or trees for landscaping, you'd wait to pour sidewalks till they were done so they aren't driving over the new concrete. Also, I know we've seen videos of the cars driving around, but thats not the same as seeing the whole site. It's hard to say if it was 100% complete. They might still be putting finishing touches on things, or could be tying backstage paths back in after the ride construction. 

Trust me, I'd rather it be new footers, but as they have a new ride opening in the general direction that the truck was coming from, I'm assuming it's something from that general area.