The Giga Speculation Thread

SonofBaconator

We can be patient and wait till Friday. I'm sure someone will see something then. 

I know you were up in the air in March. Your pictures are great! I’m only wondering if you withheld pictures from outside of the Firehawk area. My suspicion is you have seen some stuff we are yet to be privy of. We will see soon but I hope you eventually post those pictures. I love the speculation!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, fryoj said:

That being said, if they still had dump trucks or other equipment coming in and out with dirt or trees for landscaping, you'd wait to pour sidewalks till they were done so they aren't driving over the new concrete. Also, I know we've seen videos of the cars driving around, but thats not the same as seeing the whole site. It's hard to say if it was 100% complete. They might still be putting finishing touches on things, or could be tying backstage paths back in after the ride construction. 

But in the numerous updates this offseason, the park has shown photos of the concrete being poured before the landscaping was completed on KMAA.  To access the dirt areas after the track was poured, they set up wooden supports over the concrete to protect it, looked similar to pallets to me.

[mention=10329]ohiocoasterfan[/mention] Correct. I am also being respectful to the moderators on KIC, as well as the park by not posting them. Thank you though! One thing I will say, the park looks really different from 500/600 feet in the air. 

I definitely understand that. I do hope you will post them over the weekend after the public has gotten a chance to take a peak at what has been going on. I’m sure your vantage point is better than anything we will be able to see from WS.
  • Like 1

On the Banshee webcam, I can see a large clearing behind Banshee.

Edit: Never mind, that's been there for a while. Is it a storage lot, or new dorms?

That’s for dump trucks to dump dirt at during construction projects. Right above the top of Banshee’s lift hill is the dorms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, sixohdieselrage said:

@ohiocoasterfan Correct. I am also being respectful to the moderators on KIC, as well as the park by not posting them. Thank you though! One thing I will say, the park looks really different from 500/600 feet in the air. 

I wish you could be a little more specific.  Haha I get why you can’t divulge too much but you got anymore hints for those of us that won’t be there for opening day or anytime in the next month or so?  

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, FirefighterENG44 said:

I wish you could be a little more specific.  Haha I get why you can’t divulge too much but you got anymore hints for those of us that won’t be there for opening day or anytime in the next month or so?  

We will be posting as much as we can once the park opens for the season.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Park exec standing at the new antique autos when the gates open:

OK here comes the crowd coming down Coney Mall to try out our new ride.

Man there are a lot of them.

Wait, why are they turning and going to X Base.....

• Like 5
  • Haha 5

43 minutes ago, silver2005 said:

Yeah, I'm taking my good camera both days this weekend to re-stock my KI photos from when I had to completely re-boot my laptop, and I plan on finding 2020 stuffs. 

I am planing on attending the park either on Friday or Saturday, but since I can only go one or the other, what day is best?

In all seriousness, I actually hope the predicted rain will scare some people away, and the park will be less crowded

• Like 2

^I'd say it depends on what you want to do.  If you want to ride a little more, go Friday.  If you want to just take your time and are willing to get through the crowds, go Saturday.

It is supposed to rain and be on the cooler side this weekend which will likely thin crowds out, so it could be good either way.  I've always found that opening days that don't have a major thrill ride, whether it'd be a coaster or a large flat like Delirium, they aren't too bad.  There will be, of course, some trial and error with the staff and the rides, but that comes with the territory of going to a park on opening day.   

• Like 1

There was video on the news this morning, which seemed to be live (it was raining) of the media riding the tiques. Unless KI has kept that part extremely limited (or perhaps they just sent out stock video this morning to all the local news outlets) I would think any teasers or obvious signs of construction would have leaked by now.

edit:

It wasn't stock video, as I stumbled upon a "live" interview on channel 12 of Chad Showalter at the tiques on this mornings news.  But, as I said, access to areas that would allow you to see any teasers or obvious signs of construction may not have been shut down.

• Like 1

not that I've seen, and to be honest, I have no idea how much media coverage there really is.  Might have just been a handful of local news stations with reporters that could not care less about anything going on in the park other than doing their job and getting out of the rain.

• Like 2