SonofBaconator

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
On 1/25/2017 at 3:33 PM, SonofBaconator said:

What we can speculate:

1. The conception of the coaster itself
  2. B&M is a likely candidate 
  3. ^If not in Action Zone then it could be put in X-Base^

Looking back on this its eye opening to see how much I got right when I was wrong about a lot of other stuff

On 1/25/2017 at 4:36 PM, medford said:

Should Vortex need to be removed, then a B&M floorless looper would make more sense to me. 

HA (I just thought this was funny since this was a conversation back in 2017)

On 1/30/2017 at 12:49 PM, SonofBaconator said:

All these coaster enthusiasts are predicting that it will replace Dinosaurs Alive but I believe that they can coexist.

Well that was wrong

I've been reading though this old thread recently. Its interesting to see us speculate considering what we got in 2020 vs some of the outlandish theories we came up with

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 4/22/2018 at 1:59 PM, IndyGuy4KI said:

I hate to bust anyone's bubble, but I just got off WindSeeker and stared at the old Dinosaurs Alive area the whole time I was on it. I saw not one bulldozer, tractor or shovel over there. All I saw was dirt from the old dino dig area. Sorry no giga construction over there.

The funny thing is, around this time, there were surveys being done for this plot of land. Along with the markers that popped up a few weeks later. I never shared these to kic.

38C1160E-75E6-461F-AB4C-DD11CBBABE06.jpeg

B823878C-98B5-4D67-8025-A87C8C7FF73B.jpeg

Rereading this thread, there were a lot of clues pointing to something large being built. New drainage system, strengthening surrounding rides, markers, and survey stations. I must admit the ride they built there was the perfect ride for the park.

F311BD71-99EB-48E5-AE09-3CD555C7DE63.jpeg

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, gforce1994 said:

The funny thing is, around this time, there were surveys being done for this plot of land. Along with the markers that popped up a few weeks later. I never shared these to kic.

38C1160E-75E6-461F-AB4C-DD11CBBABE06.jpeg

B823878C-98B5-4D67-8025-A87C8C7FF73B.jpeg

I must admit the ride they built there was the perfect ride for the park.

F311BD71-99EB-48E5-AE09-3CD555C7DE63.jpeg

Out of all of the markers you have shared, you should have definitely shared these (these were a really good find on your part). The timing of these markers makes sense because the land surveying for Orion was likely done during the 2018 season. I have heard @KIghostguy mention that Kings Island usually starts planning a major new attraction two years before they plan to open it. For future large-scale projects, survey markers will likely also pop up about two years before a major new attraction is about to open. This doesn’t mean that all survey markers we see around the park will be for major projects, though. Some are likely just for basic infrastructure upgrades. But if we see markers on The Vortex plot of land in a few years, that could potentially be a good indication that something is in the planning phase and will likely be opening in two years. Until then, new markers around the park are likely not for a new major coaster.

• Like 1

I know. I’m kind of kicking myself for not sharing them. I did share one of the survey stations. This along with the drainage runoff improvements by The Beast indicated that there was a large ride coming into the park. Similar steps were done for Fury and Yukon Striker.

On 4/26/2018 at 12:14 AM, gforce1994 said:

BTW, the pipes seen by The Beast match with the runoff pipes underneath The Bat. Looks like if the construction may be altering the runoff ditch that runs by Firehawk.54E9C669-33B4-4026-8AAE-8D830FEF7E1E.jpeg

Opens a fresh new can of worms. Why would they want to be altering a runoff system that has worked perfectly for x number of years? 

Each giga installed is taller than the last

What about Orion?

Possibly a green color since KI has no coasters that color 

There's probably a, hopefully, good reason why they don't.