The Giga Speculation Thread

SonofBaconator

@Maverick44, they wouldn't remove a coaster if they didn't have immediate plans for after. Thunder Road was removed after the 2015 season and a water park expansion immediately followed. Son of Beast demolishion concluded in 2012 and constuction and preparation for Banshee immediately followed later in the 2013 season.

It's essentially pointless to tear something down unless there's something added within the next year. If Kings Island where to get a giga in 2021 or 2022 I guarantee Firehawk would last for another season or more. Furthermore it's a poor economic decision to tear out a roller coaster and leave the area sit vacant for a years without anything being added.

• Like 7

You are calling me a troll? That's funny. People can have their own opinions. That's so funny! Whose to say that doesn't just mean construction can start in 2020 could still be the end of 2020. I don't see how you can say that its going to be 2020 for a fact yet. That's fine though. If people are not able to accept the fact that other may think other ways then them its sad and this site will lose members. Calling me a troll. You are crazy. Show me YOUR proof that its confirmed 2020 giga. Please enlighten me.

For those who don't read everything on the forums, @Old_Bearcat found the Notice of Commencement for construction on the Warren County website here: https://oh3laredo.fidlar.com/OHWarren/AvaWeb/#!/search?Parcel=1617200014

Within that page is the following document:

rx5gn8gbxbg11.png

This shows that for the 2018, 2019, and 2020 seasons that KI is doing Coney Mall improvements. 18 was the BBQ, 19 is the antique cars, and 2020 shall be a B&M coaster. Well, unless you want to convince yourself that B&M is helping tear down Firehawk or paint benches or something. These are legal documents. KI can't lie on these. If they wanted to change them, they would have to file that with county. No changes have been posted, so these are KI's current plans. I mean sure, they could do something no seasonal park would do and complete the coaster in 2020 and let it sit till 2021. That makes a lot of sense.

The fact is, this is playing out like most recent coster installations. They will tear Firehawk out this offseason, they will begin site prep either immediately after or in the Spring. Sometime next Summer we will start to see footers poured, and, around August we will get an announcement and track will begin to show up. They will build all fall and Winter and open April 2020. If it's an especially large or complicated build, they might speed that timetable up some. This isn't a big game to KI. They tease announcements and the like, but the business of building a new ride is formulaic. If we didn't have the docs from the county, we might have a little more gray area, but B&M being on there tells us exactly whats going to happen. Sure the type of coaster and details like layout and do they build a bathroom still need to be figured out. But thats the Decoding 2020 thread will be for. In the meantime though, I don't get the desire for people to stick their head in the sand and pretend something else is going to happen because its not what they want. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, fryoj said:

For those who don't read everything on the forums, @Old_Bearcat found the Notice of Commencement for construction on the Warren County website here: https://oh3laredo.fidlar.com/OHWarren/AvaWeb/#!/search?Parcel=1617200014

Within that page is the following document:

rx5gn8gbxbg11.png

This shows that for the 2018, 2019, and 2020 seasons that KI is doing Coney Mall improvements. 18 was the BBQ, 19 is the antique cars, and 2020 shall be a B&M coaster. Well, unless you want to convince yourself that B&M is helping tear down Firehawk or paint benches or something. These are legal documents. KI can't lie on these. If they wanted to change them, they would have to file that with county. No changes have been posted, so these are KI's current plans. I mean sure, they could do something no seasonal park would do and complete the coaster in 2020 and let it sit till 2021. That makes a lot of sense.

The fact is, this is playing out like most recent coster installations. They will tear Firehawk out this offseason, they will begin site prep either immediately after or in the Spring. Sometime next Summer we will start to see footers poured, and, around August we will get an announcement and track will begin to show up. They will build all fall and Winter and open April 2020. If it's an especially large or complicated build, they might speed that timetable up some. This isn't a big game to KI. They tease announcements and the like, but the business of building a new ride is formulaic. If we didn't have the docs from the county, we might have a little more gray area, but B&M being on there tells us exactly whats going to happen. Sure the type of coaster and details like layout and do they build a bathroom still need to be figured out. But thats the Decoding 2020 thread will be for. In the meantime though, I don't get the desire for people to stick their head in the sand and pretend something else is going to happen because its not what they want. 

I am not saying that isn't what I want. Who is to say that construction can't start fall of 2020? In no way is it correct or fair to call me a troll. I just do not have final proof that this means the coaster will be ready for 2020. All this tells me is there they will be work done that year. It doesn't say when in 2020. I am just saying there is no" Fact" the coaster will open in 2020 and that maybe just the work would begin in 2020...maybe the fall. We each have our own opinions amd I have not one clue why you like to start drama by calling people with a different opinion then you a troll. I will stand corrected once they announce a coaster in 2020. I said good day.

Troll.....haha that's great. Maybe you are the troll.....

All I am saying is we do not know for sure weather the coaster will be done and ready for 2020 or work starts in 2020. Just keeping an open mind seeing as CP's 150th is 2020. Sorry that I think something else then the majority. It happens. I'm sorry for lashing out haha. I just don't take kindly to being called a troll when I have been on this site for a couple years and I participate in conversations.  But because I have a different view I gotta be a troll?  Doesn't sit well with me and I'll stand up to that. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ben43065 said:

So when CedarFair builds a new rollercoaster how early do they copy right the name?

Looks like it varies, but I recall from the past that it won't show up anywhere in the searchable databases until after the name has been announced. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

All I am saying is we do not know for sure weather the coaster will be done and ready for 2020 or work starts in 2020. 

Actually we do. If you look at the notice of commencement for Mystic Timbers, the document clearly states 

The real estate described on the attached Exhibit A (the "Real Estate") is or will be improved with 2016 & 2017 Additions & Modifications to Kings Island Park

Mystic Timbers was constructed in 2016/2017 and opened in 2017- which is shown in the document listed below

proof.PNG

https://oh3laredo.fidlar.com/OHWarren/AvaWeb/#!/image

The document that @Old_Bearcat , @fryoj, and myself have provided regarding the B&M project coming to the park is consistent with the events that have been happening recently- the antique cars are being constructed in 2018/2019 and the B&M project is going to happen in the years of 2019-2020 with 2020 being the opening year for the ride. 

more proof.PNG

Its one thing to speculate, but there has to be logic to a certain degree. 

• Like 4

Well that's great! I never saw that former commencement for MT. In fact I've never seen one fore the newest one. If that's the case then yeah I would have to agree. I just never  saw the older ones to compare too. Once again its the name calling that lit my fire. You think i'd wanna wait for a giga at KI longer. Hell no! Sooner the better. I still happen to think CP is getting something big in 2020 as well. haha Sorry to disturb anyone! Just wanted to say I ain't no Toll though. B) 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, SonofBaconator said:

Actually we do. If you look at the notice of commencement for Mystic Timbers, the document clearly states 

Mystic Timbers was constructed in 2016/2017 and opened in 2017- which is shown in the document listed below

proof.PNG

https://oh3laredo.fidlar.com/OHWarren/AvaWeb/#!/image

The document that @Old_Bearcat , @fryoj, and myself have provided regarding the B&M project coming to the park is consistent with the events that have been happening recently- the antique cars are being constructed in 2018/2019 and the B&M project is going to happen in the years of 2019-2020 with 2020 being the opening year for the ride. 

more proof.PNG

Its one thing to speculate, but there has to be logic to a certain degree. 

What's neat is that if you look at the list of companies in the one for Mystic Timbers, a lot of them are also being used for this one.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ben43065 said:

So when CedarFair builds a new rollercoaster how early do they copy right the name?

Banshee was trademarked before it was officially announced which was kind of a giveaway.

57 minutes ago, fryoj said:

Looks like it varies, but I recall from the past that it won't show up anywhere in the searchable databases until after the name has been announced. 

I think Cedar Fair registers for a ton of different trademarks and applies them how they see fit. A lot of people thought Hangtime was going to be named The Ledge because the company registered the trademark priot to Hangtime's debut. 

If you look on trademarkia.com, you'll be able to see a lot of Cedar Fair trademarks that are still live, yet haven't been used on anything.

Centurion- Live since 2013

The Ledge- Live Since 2017

Fury- Live since 2014

Road Trip- Live since 2011

I assume Cedar Fair can apply these names to any of their rides if they wanted to in some form or another- Carowinds' Vortex being renamed Centurion, etc.

• Like 1

Whatever coaster goes in Firehawk's place, I hope it has some interaction with either Racer, the FoF building, or Adventure Express (or if it's big enough, Banshee).

Also, nothing in red please.  I'm hoping its in colors similar to Behemoth and Talon. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, silver2005 said:

Also, nothing in red please.  I'm hoping its in colors similar to Behemoth and Talon. 

Those of the tri-state area do not recognize the color yellow as a suitable color that needs to represent a coaster of an amusement park within close proximity to Cincinnati

#GoBengals #GoReds #GoFCCincinnati

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, silver2005 said:

Whatever coaster goes in Firehawk's place, I hope it has some interaction with either Racer, the FoF building, or Adventure Express (or if it's big enough, Banshee).

Anything else for your must have list? :P

2 minutes ago, SonofBaconator said:

Does anyone know the benefit of the DB style seating as opposed to the four across seats? I feel like having 4 across makes the train shorter and therefore faster.

That makes sense. Though the way the seats are on DB , no matter where you sit you can extend your legs forward for that flying feeling on drops

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SonofBaconator said:

Does anyone know the benefit of the DB style seating as opposed to the four across seats? I feel like having 4 across makes the train shorter and therefore faster.

I don't know of any performance benefits, but I like the 'open and airy' feeling it gives. The rider has a great view.

• Like 2

With Firehawks removal this pretty much confirms the next coaster to go in that area and with how much space they have opened up with its removal the chances of a giga have only increased just look how much land is available now! I expect a construction fence by winter fest maybe even a teaser sign on the fence at that time.. once Firehawk is closed I expect construction to happen fast especially if it’s a giga coming they will waste no time getting Firehawk out of here and groundwork happening on the giga by opening day 2019 I bet we see signs of something big happening.. I expect a very exciting 2019... 

F5229DBE-3C66-445F-B8F4-C8A0B9B3504F.jpeg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LuvingKI said:

Fury and DB both hold 32 passengers. Why would 4 across help load people on faster?

I feel like V-Shaped would be a tad faster, but the difference of time probably wouldn't be noticeable. IDK, I feel like B&M will go 4 across since that's what they been doing lately. 

• Like 3