The Giga Speculation Thread

SonofBaconator

Here are some other elements I hope to be part of a giga at Kings Island-

- A 200 ft camel back hill (or some element topping 200 ft)

- Non-inverted loop 

- Some sort of turn around similar to Fury 325's

- Non-inverting corkscrew

- If its in X-base, a hill going over the Flight of Fear building or a helix wrapping around the spaghetti bowl building

- Maybe something that threads through one or more of Banshee's inversions (a giga should have the momentum to get over to The Bat from X-Base)

-90 degree angle first drop

- Enough height to reach 100 mph

• Like 2

^To give you perspective, Millennium Force's next tallest element is the hill going over to the island, which clocks in at around 190 ft.  Fury's tallest element is also at 190.  I want to see that speed put to use.  Of course, I want longer stretches to cruise at 80+ mph, but having some awesome airtime at those heights would be awesome as well.  A reason I like Storm Runner so much is the airtime it has with a 191 ft drop, and with the speed you get from a giga, not to mention the sustained momentum from those 4 across B&M trains, which hold speed better than the V-seating with Diamondback, I think it would still be great.  

I really, really don't want something like I-305 or Skyrush.  

• Like 3

Here's another kind of turnaround element I'd like to see- something like PortAventura's Shambhala.

Image result for shambhala coaster

Just imagine that awesome figure 8 looking hill towering over the entrance to the parking lot. 

I wonder how much banking B&M would do before they consider an element an inversion...

EDIT: Could someone PM me a good overhead map of Kings Island that includes (and focuses on) the area between X-Base and the parking lot entrance (updated to include Banshee).  I think I may concoct some layout predictions. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

I wonder if they can they do that without Banshee restrains?

Probably not. In which case I would ask for no inversions on a giga. I much prefer the comfort and open feeling provided by the standard B&M clamshell restraint across the lap.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, txdrummer said:

Probably not. In which case I would ask for no inversions on a giga. I much prefer the comfort and open feeling provided by the standard B&M clamshell restraint across the lap.

I agree, I do not want vest restrains on a Giga.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Maverick44 said:
As I said before. Too bad it is not an Intamin lol. The restraints on Maverick and TTD are amazing.  They would be fine on a giga with 1 inversion haha.  The new restraints on FoF as well.

Not trying to be rude, but I hope it doesn't include an inversion. I do like the Maverick restraints a lot and makes that ride phenomenal, but I don't want it on this potentia B&M Giga. Especially if we add a Blitz down the line. I hope they add some wild elements like the one picture a couple posts ago.

Much like The Beast Unleashed video I made, I just really want to see the ride use that hill behind Firehawk to reach blistering speeds, if only for a short while. Based on the topography I imported into my project from Google, with a hill around 300 feet you could use the existing terrain behind it to do a Beast style run down that hill and reach insane speeds, and still keep costs low by hugging the ground. During the first iteration of my design, I took the track all the way down to the little Miami river. With a 380 foot drop, the thing was reaching 115mph near the river. It was lunacy. 

It's really the perfect opportunity to break the 100mph Giga speed barrier. You use the terrain to go insanely fast, and then climb back up the hill after a turnaround, which conveniently bleeds momentum back to a more reasonable 90ish mph once you reach station height again. Both of these things keep your budget from being insane and cut track length down a bit, without demanding an aggressive midcourse brake run or impractically huge airtime hills. 

I will be more than satisfied if it does two things: Breaks 350 feet for first drop, and then makes a run down the hill to go even faster. If it has those two things, I'll be grateful for whatever we get.

• Like 5

I was thinking. Wouldn't it be cool to have a giant building for the queue line all the way up to the station especially for an Xbase theme. Look at how Disaster Transport used to be at Cedar Point. Yes it would be very similar to FOF, but I think it would be a nice duo where the themes could cross over. It would actually fit the name Power Force I came up with.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Maverick44 said:

I know all are saying the EPA says we can't get however close to the river. Is that the Ohio law because why can Apollo's Chariot at BGW go right into the river there?

KI is in Ohio and BGW is in Virginia. Different states have different laws. ;)

HP has to deal with similar laws, hence why Great Bear has it's funky supports.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, silver2005 said:

KI is in Ohio and BGW is in Virginia. Different states have different laws. ;)

HP has to deal with similar laws, hence why Great Bear has it's funky supports.

That is good to know! I didn't know if it was a federal thing or state. I am glad to see Ohio cares about the environment!

• Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 12:34 PM, silver2005 said:

Here's another kind of turnaround element I'd like to see- something like PortAventura's Shambhala.

Image result for shambhala coaster

Just imagine that awesome figure 8 looking hill towering over the entrance to the parking lot. 

I wonder how much banking B&M would do before they consider an element an inversion...

EDIT: Could someone PM me a good overhead map of Kings Island that includes (and focuses on) the area between X-Base and the parking lot entrance (updated to include Banshee).  I think I may concoct some layout predictions. 

Sorry or the double post haha but I couldn't pass up after scrolling and seeing the top of that tower ride is crooked. Its sideways. Is that normal lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Maverick44 said:

I know all are saying the EPA says we can't get however close to the river. Is that the Ohio law because why can Apollo's Chariot at BGW go right into the river there?

The reason is because the Little Miami River is designated as a National Wild and Scenic River. 

• Like 2