The Giga Speculation Thread

SonofBaconator

On 3/16/2018 at 4:30 PM, Maverick44 said:

A giga I made for that area. It is named Mega Force. Yes, they probably would have to move the fireworks launching pad somewhere else, but I think they could manage that. Yes, Mega Force doesn't sound like the best name, but to me, it sounds like a name Cedar Fair would do. They have three coasters now with the name Timbers in it so I think this would be the third coaster with the name Force in it since there already is Steel Force and Millennium Force in the Cedar Fair chain (correct me if I'm missing something) but Mega Force sounds Cedar Fairy. 

2018-03-18_15.55.14.jpg

• Like 1

Really? They're not going to move the fireworks launch pad for a coaster. If they have to, they'll just get ride of the fireworks all together. Where else would they move them? They would need to be on semi flat ground, away from guests and away from houses on the other side of the river. While they could move them out into the Soak City area....would it really be worth it? When has Cedar Fair ever used a "mega" "big" "massive" type name in their ride names? They may have, but that sounds so much more like a Six Flags name. Generic. Cedar Fair doesn't really do generic names. They repeat names, but I have yet to really see them putting generic words in a hat and picking two words out to decide on a name. 

One thing I'm struggling with in this thread is the lack of reality....why would they move maintenance buildings to put a coaster in? Why would they do this when there are other spaces for a coaster in the park? Why would they move the wood coaster maintenance shop further away from the wooden coasters instead of keeping it near The Racer?

Why exactly is our next coaster guaranteed to be a Giga? Is it because we (KIC members) want it or has there been something that Cedar Fair has shown/indicated that a Giga is next?  Is it just a fantasy? 

I'm all for speculation, but we've got some acting like this is a done deal, like we've already been teased and know that a Giga is coming. It's one thing to speculate, but it's another thing to speak as if concepts we can come up with are factual, i.e. this coaster will use the terrain, etc. 

Again, don't get me wrong, speculation is great, but can we please be realistic and try to make our ideas factual without facts? 

• Like 1

They have Behemouth, and I would say the examples given fit in the hat. I also think the fireworks would be easy to move (they have launched them directly off the tower) and may not need to be depending on the coaster layout around them. I also think expanding xbase and attaching it to the old Dinos area wouldn't require removing the maintenance buildings. If the park needed the room they might move them but I think that would be a long time from now.

• Like 1

@chugh43 okay NOBODY has ever said that this is a done deal that we are getting a giga we are all just putting in our concepts and what we might like to see.  This is a giga speculation thread were we talk about if a giga is coming to Kings Island and come up with ideas and concepts. No they all might not be realistic it’s just our opinions and what we’d like to see. Also just because there are open spaces doesn’t mean that a coaster should go there. A park and company will come up with the best idea to regardless of what’s open or not. In my opinion the plot of land behind Banshee is the last place that our next coaster will be going. It’s just not going to happen in that spot in my opinion. So that means the next coaster IN MY OPINION will be in a tighter area with less space but will make the best of it and make it great. I think you need to just calm down and have fun reading, discussing, etc, about a giga coming to Kings Island even if we don’t know it’s ever coming or not it’s just fun to discuss people’s ideas and opinions and concepts.. 

ITS JUST A FUN DISCUSSION THREAD 

• Like 2

The reason I think a giga is next is because Don Helbig has sorta hinted at it a little bit. No I'm not talking about the whole writing in the snow thing because that clearly was just a prank, but at NCC the year MT was coming out, when Don was talking about Mystic Timbers he mentioned that both a dark ride and a giga were options that they looked at when they were thinking about putting in Mystic Timbers. That just convinced me that both are going to be coming eventually. It could mean nothing, but that is just something to keep in the back of our heads. Also, guest feedback is a key. Yes there is the other things like marketing and those things, but guest feedback is a huge key. Like guests wanted something that more families could enjoy so that is why they got Mystic Timbers. People (mostly enthusiasts) complained that Kings Island needed a good invert so that's why they got Banshee. Which is something I use to give a counterclaim on the people who thinks CF won't allow a giga because of Cedar Point, I say that people said that about both a hyper and an invert and look we got one. Cedar Point even uses guest feedback a lot. I'm sure guest feedback (along with marketing and those other things) for Steel Vengeance. I know a lot of people kept asking them to give Mean Streak the RMC treatment.

• Like 3

This shouldn't be that hard folks haha. Speculate about a giga and if it seems really far fetched and couldn't / wouldn't really happen. Lets leave that at home. Will they move buildings just for a coaster probably not. I could see CP doing that due to space but not KI. They have plenty of room to just build around them. X base / Dino area seems the given area people are setting on for a giga. Doesn't make it a fact but ya. Just use common sense.

• Like 3

^^ Also Don Helbig has said before that they have enough land to expand without removing any rides. Dinosaurs Alive does make sense, but Mike Koontz has said before that they have other plans that don't include the dinos area, so another location I'm thinking is on the left side of FOF by Adventure Express or they can remove the trees by Vortex's entrance to make paths that go behind WindSeeker to put a station back there. There are many ideas that don't have to use the old Dinosaur's Alive area.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Maverick44 said:

This shouldn't be that hard folks haha. Speculate about a giga and if it seems really far fetched and couldn't / wouldn't really happen. Lets leave that at home. Will they move buildings just for a coaster probably not. I could see CP doing that due to space but not KI. They have plenty of room to just build around them. X base / Dino area seems the given area people are setting on for a giga. Doesn't make it a fact but ya. Just use common sense.

Yet they did just that in the case of Mystic Timbers!  If KI were to get a GiGa, it would probably come with at least a 30million dollar price tag.  Relocation of utility buildings would be a minor fraction of that cost. It might even be done in an "off year" so as to budget it as infrastructure improvements.  

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, jtro223 said:

Yet they did just that in the case of Mystic Timbers!  If KI were to get a GiGa, it would probably come with at least a 30million dollar price tag.  Relocation of utility buildings would be a minor fraction of that cost. It might even be done in an "off year" so as to budget it as infrastructure improvements.  

What building did they move for MT?

• Like 1

If we did get a Giga coaster, maybe where Dinosaurs Alive was could be the ride’s plaza area. Maybe add a flat ride to the area along with a small food court.

Now a cool name for the coaster could be Talos. In Greek mythology, Talos was a giant automaton made out of bronze that was defeated by Jason and the Argonauts.

Here’s a picture of Talos from the movie Jason and the Argonauts.9de7d89ad80c20e9ea748ffb39b4e57b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

A giga I made for that area. It is named Mega Force. Yes, they probably would have to move the fireworks launching pad somewhere else, but I think they could manage that. Yes, Mega Force doesn't sound like the best name, but to me, it sounds like a name Cedar Fair would do. They have three coasters now with the name Timbers in it so I think this would be the third coaster with the name Force in it since there already is Steel Force and Millennium Force in the Cedar Fair chain (correct me if I'm missing something) but Mega Force sounds Cedar Fairy. 

2018-03-18_15_55_14.thumb.jpg.adc365736e98f53563f4e06ff60c2a73.jpg

That roller coaster is about the size of half of the park itself. 🤪

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Haha 2