The Giga Speculation Thread

SonofBaconator

12 minutes ago, SonofBaconator said:

Since this is a giga thread, you should check out this awesome Fury 325 documentary from In the Loop

Rob Decker has great points. I think those should spark a Kings Island giga. Like I think this should point out to the people who thinks a giga is too similar to Diamondback. Like I think Rob Decker would say for the KI giga (Imo) would be "when we added DB in 2009, attendance spiked and then 5 years later when we put in Banshee in 2014, the attendance spiked again, and then when we put in Mystic Timbers, the attendance spiked up again, so we wanted something that would spike up the attendance and keep it up because of a signature ride that people would talk about with Kings Island forever." That is just my theory of why it makes sense for Kings Island to get a giga and what Rob Decker might say about it.

• Like 2

To those of you saying Kings Island should not get a giga because we already have Diamondback. Check out this interview of Rob Decker from Fury's opening where he clearly explains the difference between Fury 325 and Intimidator (or any other hypers). All the points he makes should spark a Kings Island giga. I need this video to back up a lot of the points I made.

• Like 2

To those of you saying Kings Island should not get a giga because we already have Diamondback. Check out this interview of Rob Decker from Fury's opening where he clearly explains the difference between Fury 325 and Intimidator (or any other hypers). All the points he makes should spark a Kings Island giga. I need this video to back up a lot of the points I made.

I don’t think anyone on here is saying Kings Island should not get a giga. That’s the general public that’s been saying that on social media. I think the park will get one eventually, but they don’t HAVE to have one this instantly. There are other things the park needs more besides another coaster like flat rides, sit-down eating places, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 4

I don’t think anyone on here is saying Kings Island should not get a giga. That’s the general public that’s been saying that on social media. I think the park will get one eventually, but they don’t HAVE to have one this instantly. There are other things the park needs more besides another coaster like flat rides, sit-down eating places, etc.

I completely agree with that and think we are headed down the right path with Coney mall BBQ.. it's a step in the right direction at least

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like 7

1 hour ago, THE_BEASTmaster said:

I do think we will get all of those in the next few years starting this year with Coney BBQ. I don't see a huge gap between MT and the giga (or whatever comes next) like what happened between Diamondback and Banshee. I think the latest our next coaster will be coming is 2021. Which sounds like the year to me. I do however see a gap between the giga and the next coaster after that (which imo will be a mack multi launch or RMC woodie)

Next 5 years for this park Counting 2018

2018 - Coney BBQ

2019 - Planet Snoopy Expansion

2020 - New thrilling flat ride and 2021 hype

2021 - b&m giga with a spruced up Oktoberfest

2022 - 50th anniversary - park improvements + return of antique cars and a new eating place.

• Like 1

Just now, Maverick44 said:

Are you suggesting Oktoberfest gets the giga? lol  I wish!!!!

Well knowing Cedar Fair, it seems like they are going routes of sprucing up areas of parks with new coasters. They spruced up Action Zone with Banshee, they spruced up Rivertown (theming wise) with Mystic Timbers. They also like to add coasters that fits in with themes of areas where they add stuff around the coaster that fits in with the theme. For example Mystic Timbers (Rivertown), Twisted Timbers (Candy Apple Grove), and Steel Vengeance (Froniertown). Knowing the direction I see, it seems like either Coney Mall or Oktoberfest seems to make the most sense on the next coaster. Oktoberfest I feel is overdue for some sprucing along with a big attraction.

• Like 1

According to the 2018 parkmap the pad by old Dino’s alive entrance will have public access..  place to have a view of construction???

It has a smoking sign so I assume it will be a smoking area but still.. 

Edited by GigaLover
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Well knowing Cedar Fair, it seems like they are going routes of sprucing up areas of parks with new coasters. They spruced up Action Zone with Banshee, they spruced up Rivertown (theming wise) with Mystic Timbers. They also like to add coasters that fits in with themes of areas where they add stuff around the coaster that fits in with the theme. For example Mystic Timbers (Rivertown), Twisted Timbers (Candy Apple Grove), and Steel Vengeance (Froniertown). Knowing the direction I see, it seems like either Coney Mall or Oktoberfest seems to make the most sense on the next coaster. Oktoberfest I feel is overdue for some sprucing along with a big attraction.

Oktoberfest could definitely use some sprucing up but agree that there isn’t really room for a big addition like a coaster. Could see some smaller changes though like a family flat or two added and definitely an overhaul of the Festhaus to make it nicer and more Bavarian feeling inside and fix the Glockenspiel. Maybe even a renovation of Adventure Express with some new effects and a more European feel and theming to fit in better with Oktoberfest (I know the 11th commandment but if done well this could really improve the ride and I would be open to this change. Give it a kind of cross between how it is now and Verbolten.)

I see X-Base or Coney getting the giga.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Maverick44 said:

Personally I think its X-bases turn for a make over. Oktoberfest doesn't have much to offer then the mighty Viking Fury. I would then do upgrading to that area after X-Base. Maybe a tea cup ride but make it beer steins lol

With Oktoberfest they could add a Gerstlauer Skyroller and maybe a few flats themed to Germany. Maybe paint SlingShot to be black red and yellow to resemble the German flag. With the Queen City Sausage being served at the new restaurant this season, there is a chance for some sort of German fare returning in the future.

But regarding a potential giga coaster, the old Dinosaurs Alive land would be the place to put it. I don't see them putting it in the Son of Beast station because The Bat and Banshee are right there and need the clearance, and X-Base would require a lot of rerouting of maintenance roads and moving those maintenance buildings. But if they're able to add a giga without putting it where Dinosaurs Alive used to be, that land could make a good second kids area, as was mentioned in these forums in the past. Since Coney Mall is meant to pay tribute to Coney Island, they could name the area "The Land of Oz."

• Like 3

2 hours ago, BlondyRidesOn said:

With Oktoberfest they could add a Gerstlauer Skyroller and maybe a few flats themed to Germany. Maybe paint SlingShot to be black red and yellow to resemble the German flag. With the Queen City Sausage being served at the new restaurant this season, there is a chance for some sort of German fare returning in the future.

But regarding a potential giga coaster, the old Dinosaurs Alive land would be the place to put it. I don't see them putting it in the Son of Beast station because The Bat and Banshee are right there and need the clearance, and X-Base would require a lot of rerouting of maintenance roads and moving those maintenance buildings. But if they're able to add a giga without putting it where Dinosaurs Alive used to be, that land could make a good second kids area, as was mentioned in these forums in the past. Since Coney Mall is meant to pay tribute to Coney Island, they could name the area "The Land of Oz."

Man, a skyroller would make a great addition, it would be way better if we had a big hill in the back of the park or something, looking down at the rest of the park like Liseberg has with AeroSpin 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Yeah you mentioned it about 5-10 posts above this post. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

On 3/28/2018 at 1:01 PM, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Rob Decker has great points. I think those should spark a Kings Island giga. Like I think this should point out to the people who thinks a giga is too similar to Diamondback. Like I think Rob Decker would say for the KI giga (Imo) would be "when we added DB in 2009, attendance spiked and then 5 years later when we put in Banshee in 2014, the attendance spiked again, and then when we put in Mystic Timbers, the attendance spiked up again, so we wanted something that would spike up the attendance and keep it up because of a signature ride that people would talk about with Kings Island forever." That is just my theory of why it makes sense for Kings Island to get a giga and what Rob Decker might say about it.

@chugh43 I noticed that too

• Like 3

14 hours ago, BlondyRidesOn said:

If you look back an the pic of where the coaster could be placed in x-base. No buildings would need to be moved. Simply put up a fence w/ gate so they can get in/out. 

• Like 1