The Giga Speculation Thread

SonofBaconator

11 hours ago, SonofBaconator said:

@chugh43 I noticed that too

I mentioned a lot of it in past posts, but I really needed to put this video up so that we can stop the whole "a giga is too similar to Diamondback" thing. A lot of people didn't believe me and I just wasn't being specific enough with my comments in the past. So this video backs me up.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I mentioned a lot of it in past posts, but I really needed to put this video up so that we can stop the whole "a giga is too similar to Diamondback" thing. A lot of people didn't believe me and I just wasn't being specific enough with my comments in the past. So this video backs me up.

You think that if someone says that a giga and a hyper are too similar, that comments from some guy that works for the company would change their mind? 

• Like 4

Besides, I think a lot of confusion comes from the fact that B&M doesn't call Leviathan and Fury 325 "gigas" but rather classifies them as hyper coasters. IMO, if it is 300ft or higher and lower than 400ft its a giga- no matter what manufacturer. Plus, gigas are traditionally designed different than most hypers, with the exception of Steel Dragon 2000. Gigas are more low to the ground and retain a fairly consistent speed from start to finish where as most hypers lose their speed going from hill to hill. With that in mind, Gigas have most twists and turns focusing more on ejector airtime where hypers are more traditionally floater airtime. 

The only similarity between a giga and a hyper is the massive drop. 

comparrison.png

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, SonofBaconator said:

Besides, a think a lot of confusion comes from the fact that B&M doesn't call Leviathan and Fury 325 "gigas" but rather classifies them as hyper coasters. IMO, if it is 300ft or higher and lower than 400ft its a giga- no matter what manufacturer. Plus, gigas are traditionally designed different than most hypers, with the exception of Steel Dragon 2000. Gigas are more low to the ground and retain a fairly consistent speed from start to finish where as most hypers lose their speed going from hill to hill. With that in mind, Gigas have most twists and turns focusing more on ejector airtime where hypers are more traditionally floater airtime. 

comparrison.png

That is what I am trying to explain. Gigas and hypers aren't similar.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SonofBaconator said:

Besides, a think a lot of confusion comes from the fact that B&M doesn't call Leviathan and Fury 325 "gigas" but rather classifies them as hyper coasters. IMO, if it is 300ft or higher and lower than 400ft its a giga- no matter what manufacturer. Plus, gigas are traditionally designed different than most hypers, with the exception of Steel Dragon 2000. Gigas are more low to the ground and retain a fairly consistent speed from start to finish where as most hypers lose their speed going from hill to hill. With that in mind, Gigas have most twists and turns focusing more on ejector airtime where hypers are more traditionally floater airtime. 

comparrison.png

What giga coasters have you been on that focuses on ejector air?  Intamin mega coasters focuses on ejector.  No b&m has ejector air.  Giga's focus on speed.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

Giga means over 300 feet tall and under 400 Ft. Giga doesn't mean it focuses on a certain type of hill or speed. Speed comes with the height of the hill. That is a given.

It focuses on trying to keep the speed maintained from drop to brakes. Like Fury's goal is to keep the 95 mph from drop to brakes.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

Giga means over 300 feet tall and under 400 Ft. Giga doesn't mean it focuses on a certain type of hill or speed. Speed comes with the height of the hill. That is a given.

That is true, with the gigas in the states the one similarity is speed between the b&m and intamin creations.  The hypers of b&m focuses on lousy floater air while Intamin focuses on extreme ejector air.

To have ejector air on a giga would require multiple massive hills.  That would cost massive $$$$.

Would love to know what giga's #sonofbaconator has been on with ejector air?

• Like 1

The point I was trying to make is that "giga" is a reference to the height of the coaster. Those coasters may go however fast or have certain types of hills. Point is even if they didn't  have those hill or speed. It would still be a giga coaster if the hill is over 300 and under 400. I don't see any way around just that.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

The point I was trying to make is that "giga" is a reference to the height of the coaster. Those coasters may go however fast or have certain types of hills. Point is even if they didn't  have those hill or speed. It would still be a giga coaster if the hill is over 300 and under 400. I don't see any way around just that.

Who are you arguing with?

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Maverick44 said:

Personally I think its X-bases turn for a make over. Oktoberfest doesn't have much to offer then the mighty Viking Fury. I would then do upgrading to that area after X-Base. Maybe a tea cup ride but make it beer steins lol

Or, perhaps, kegs  :D 

• Like 2

Not arguing.  Look at the gigas in merica.  Fury, leviathan, millenium, & I305.  The common theme is speed.  Look at the hypers, the common theme is floater air on b&m's and ejector on Intamins.

I would love to know which giga has ejector air so I can book a trip to ride.  None of the gigas I have been on has ejector air.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Tera Ryzing said:

Not arguing.  Look at the gigas in merica.  Fury, leviathan, millenium, & I305.  The common theme is speed.  Look at the hypers, the common theme is floater air on b&m's and ejector on Intamins.

I would love to know which giga has ejector air so I can book a trip to ride.  None of the gigas I have been on has ejector air.

I would also like to know what Intamin hyper coaster there is in the US?

*** Answered my own question*** haha

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

You mean that's why I did my own research and found the UD Hypers that Intamin as built. I mean I don't think so? If you want to know what giga has ejector air just look it up.

Enlighten me please.  Possible ejector on fury @ 1:35 but the patented b&m trim ruins it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tera Ryzing said:

Would love to know what giga's #sonofbaconator has been on with ejector air?

2 hours ago, Tera Ryzing said:

What giga coasters have you been on that focuses on ejector air?  Intamin mega coasters focuses on ejector.  No b&m has ejector air.  Giga's focus on speed.

Wow hi. First off I've never had the privilege to ride a giga, yet, so I cannot say that I've ridden a giga with either floater or ejector air. However povs, analyses, other peoples experiences, and general ride stats are how I talk about coasters I haven't had the chance to ride yet. 

I merely believe that given the differences between how a hyper is made vs a giga- a giga WOULD be classified to have more ejector air than floater air. Since gigas are built for speed and are generally built lower to the ground, you'd expect to see more ejector than floater.

• Like 4