The Giga Speculation Thread

SonofBaconator

** I need people to start talking on here so I don't double post haha**

I have taken out Invertigo ( Even though after I was done. It could of stayed haha) and Timberwolf. I added the cross 71 element @chugh43  and removed some parking for a helix.

I give you " Overwatcher"

314'

90 degree drop into tunnel

Dark gree are trees and light green is grass. There is also black lines that would be fencing.

I added a second lift hill at 110 feet.

Enjoy haha

Capture 13.png

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, FoolCrzy said:

^^

Love the second lift hill.   Can you imagine the logistic nightmare of building 2 tunnels under I-71?!?!

It'd be a very crazy nightmare. I go by KI drive and I-71 every week and that area gets lots of traffic and if they had to close that road to construct coaster tunnels, the Kings Mills/Mason area traffic would be nuts. There are also lots of business buldings in the area. I also don't think Rivers Crossing Community Church would allow this since that's where people drive to get to church on Sundays. 

16 hours ago, Maverick44 said:

** I need people to start talking on here so I don't double post haha**

I have taken out Invertigo ( Even though after I was done. It could of stayed haha) and Timberwolf. I added the cross 71 element @chugh43  and removed some parking for a helix.

I give you " Overwatcher"

314'

90 degree drop into tunnel

Dark gree are trees and light green is grass. There is also black lines that would be fencing.

I added a second lift hill at 110 feet.

Enjoy haha

Capture 13.png

I don't think it should have a pre drop imo. B&M doesn't really put pre drops on their hypers anymore. I think a drop after cresting the top would make more sense imo since right after you reach the top you are pulled down an exhilarating drop. I also think that a giga should have enough speed that it doesn't need a second lift hill imo. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

It'd be a very crazy nightmare. I go by KI drive and I-71 every week and that area gets lots of traffic and if they had to close that road to construct coaster tunnels, the Kings Mills/Mason area traffic would be nuts. There are also lots of business buldings in the area. I also don't think Rivers Crossing Community Church would allow this since that's where people drive to get to church on Sundays. 

I don't think it should have a pre drop imo. B&M doesn't really put pre drops on their hypers anymore. I think a drop after cresting the top would make more sense imo since right after you reach the top you are pulled down an exhilarating drop. I also think that a giga should have enough speed that it doesn't need a second lift hill imo. 

It really isn't a pre drop. Its more of a turn. The Beast didn't need a second lift hill but they built it with one......just use your imagination. Of course these concepts will never come true lol just having fun. Don't take it so serious! 

1 hour ago, Maverick44 said:

It really isn't a pre drop. Its more of a turn. The Beast didn't need a second lift hill but they built it with one......just use your imagination. Of course these concepts will never come true lol just having fun. Don't take it so serious! 

Actually, if you go deep into when they were designing Beast, a second lift hill was needed to make it through the double helix. I actually don't think a turn is needed. I would rather it go straight into a drop like what the other gigas do. I know these are fun and I'll be putting my own spin on your concept soon using the same area where it has tunnels under I 71.

45 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Actually, if you go deep into when they were designing Beast, a second lift hill was needed to make it through the double helix. I actually don't think a turn is needed. I would rather it go straight into a drop like what the other gigas do. I know these are fun and I'll be putting my own spin on your concept soon using the same area where it has tunnels under I 71.

You made my point. They designed to use a second lift hill. I did this knowing I wanted a second lift hill haha I'll be honest I do not see why you are being so judgmental about the concepts I have haha. They are not meant to be so serious and If I designed to be like that then that's the way I wanted it to be haha.

29 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

You made my point. They designed to use a second lift hill. I did this knowing I wanted a second lift hill haha I'll be honest I do not see why you are being so judgmental about the concepts I have haha. They are not meant to be so serious and If I designed to be like that then that's the way I wanted it to be haha.

I actually think your concepts are really neat. I think doing these concepts are fun.

Here is my spin on @Maverick44 concept of overwatcher. Instead of a second lift hill, I put a launch (dark orange) where it would reach it's top speed of 115 mph. The main question is what would happen in the long tunnels? Imo it would be the greatest part of the ride where it would be very similar to what Hades 360 does in it's tunnels, but better at going 108 mph. They could do is have LED lights in the tunnels. 

IMG_20180518_164706_328.jpg

5 hours ago, JubJester said:

GM Mike Koontz just stated that he recommended in a presentation with the other parks that a giga should come to Kings Island.

Is there a transcript of any kind? haha I wanna watching or read!!