The Giga Speculation Thread

SonofBaconator

48 minutes ago, SonofBaconator said:

With the speculation of a giga going to the north side of the park, I wonder if adding sand is something the park would consider doing. Sand was added to Leviathan to reduce the noise during the first drop.

I hope not, nothing better then a B&M roar. Do Diamondback or Banshee have sand in them? 

• Like 2

Just now, 139Signal27 said:

It's bold to claim 100% certainty just from knocking on one section of track.

You’re correct, 100% is a bit overkill. I’ve only been able to reach the sections of track at the bottom of the pretzel loop and the bottom of the vertical loop that goes over the lift hill. I don’t have any other B&Ms to base my inference on, however I just assumed based on the sound of the track that it was hollow. 100% is a bit of a stretch, however I’m fairly certain it is hollow... but hey, I’m not an engineer and I didn’t build the ride, so who knows?

Just now, Bansheeback said:

I’ve only been able to reach the sections of track at the bottom of the pretzel loop

What were you doing all the way down there? I sure hope you weren't trespassing. If you are/were an associate, I'd be careful revealing what you learned while working that might be considered proprietary.

3 minutes ago, 139Signal27 said:

What were you doing all the way down there? I sure hope you weren't trespassing. If you are/were an associate, I'd be careful revealing what you learned while working that might be considered proprietary.

I doubt that the sound the track makes when tapped on would be considered proprietary. Regardless, I’m not trying to break any rules. Just sharing what I know.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bansheeback said:

I doubt that the sound the track makes when tapped on would be considered proprietary. Regardless, I’m not trying to break any rules. Just sharing what I know.

They likely only may have done the drop of the first hill. Could the trains be quieter then the raptor trains? I’m not sure how much is different between the two.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ben43065 said:

They likely only may have done the drop of the first hill. Could the trains be quieter then the raptor trains? I’m not sure how much is different between the two.

You could be right. That’s the case with Leviathan. I do think that Banshee’s trains are a bit lighter due to the new design, so that could be a reason it is quieter. The only invert I know of that is filled with sand is Talon at Dorney.

2 minutes ago, silver2005 said:

If Banshee were hallow, you'd be getting a B&M roar around the likes of Great Bear, Raptor and Rougarou.  

All of the newer B&Ms don’t roar anymore, so is it possible that they’ve filled all of them with sand? Or have they perfected the track design to the point where it’s no longer necessary? Either way, I do miss that roar!

• Like 1

On 1/10/2019 at 1:13 AM, upstop said:

What if...... the B&M “attraction” is a prototype? What kind of coaster could that be? Since B&M has dabbled in launching, maybe it could be a launched giga?... or launched flyer? Or something none of us have ever seen before?

i wouldn’t mind seeing a completely new themed area.

That's what I thought because they have ohio hydraulics on the contract 

7 hours ago, Bansheeback said:

All of the newer B&Ms don’t roar anymore, so is it possible that they’ve filled all of them with sand? Or have they perfected the track design to the point where it’s no longer necessary? Either way, I do miss that roar!

I think B&M's new technique is filling the tubes/ rails with sand as opposed to the spine which is more cost effective and is accomplishes the same thing. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chuck_E_Cheese said:

I know that GateKeeper at Cedar Point is filled with sand. It was on a press release about the ride due to concerns of the front gate and noise while associates are greeting and communicating with park guests. 

I'm assuming the filling of sand happens at CSF, right?  I've never seen a substantial quantity of sand around the factory when driving past.  Perhaps in the back?  Maybe I'll check Google Earth images..

11 hours ago, silver2005 said:

If Banshee were hollow, you'd be getting a B&M roar around the likes of Great Bear, Raptor and Rougarou.  

I love Rougarou's roar; it really adds to the theme of a beast on the bayou. On the other hand, Raptor's roar is way too loud!

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Bansheeback said:

I can attest with 100% certainty that Banshee’s track IS hollow. I’m not sure about Diamondback’s track though. I’ve never gotten close enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I recall Don saying back during Banshee's opening year that it had sand in it's track.

• Like 1