The Giga Speculation Thread

SonofBaconator

I would love to see an S&S coaster at a Cedar Fair Park sometime in the future. If Steel Curtain does well, it could very well be possible we see them building a lot more non-free spin or pneumatic launch coasters.

With that being said, their first go at an LSM coaster wasn’t exactly the greatest success. Cedar Fair does have to buy a lot of spare parts from them as it is, so the relationship is already there. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, KevM86 said:

Do other coaster manufacturers use CSF or mostly just B&M? I'm sure they do other stuff but has any other type of track ever shown up there?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

They used to do work for Arrow, I believe they did Vortex & B&M actually examined Vortex when trying to decide who to use to manufacture their steel (I believe this was from an interview but I can’t quite remember). 

• Like 1

I don't know about most others, but I believe Intamin has their own Swiss steel plant and then ship it.  I recall I-305 and Skyrush track arriving in shipping containers.   I think Mack has a similar practice. 

On the B&M steel, I know the Clermont plant makes the track, but I wonder where the supports are made.  I don't recall supports ever sitting outside the Clermont plant. 

2 minutes ago, silver2005 said:

I don't know about most others, but I believe Intamin has their own Swiss steel plant and then ship it.  I recall I-305 and Skyrush track arriving in shipping containers.   I think Mack has a similar practice. 

That’s correct Mack’s steel is made in house.

They used to do work for Arrow, I believe they did Vortex & B&M actually examined Vortex when trying to decide who to use to manufacture their steel (I believe this was from an interview but I can’t quite remember). 

I believe Vortex’s supports were manufactured by CSF while the track was manufactured by Arrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

On 4/12/2019 at 9:39 AM, Ben43065 said:

That Kings Island received the model of rollercoaster Cedar Point added 20 years earlier. Magnum XL - Diamond back, Raptor - Banshee, both installments 20 years after Cedar Point. Now the theory is 2020 for a giga since it’d be 20 years since Mill Force.

2 examples =/= the rule

On ‎4‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 12:25 AM, sixohdieselrage said:

I think deep down inside, @Maverick44 wants another B&M at Kings Island. 

Psht of course my first love is Intamin!  I am not going to hate on any other coasters from other companies thought. We get what we get. I just want it to be forceful.

• Like 1

I’m as certain as I can be without inside information that there will be construction teasers at the park when we’re allowed in Friday. However, even if there aren’t I would find it impossible to be disappointed, with a full new year at the park, new ride, new shows, new theming, and new experiences, all stretched out in front of me :)

• Like 7

If there's no teasers in the park I will be perfectly fine. Since I've gotten back into coasters I still need to ride Diamondback (as well as Flight of Fear) before I ride a giga. I enjoyed Mako at Sea World Orlando so Diamondback should be a piece of cake to prepare for the giga!

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I will say that several probably will be with the hype around Firehawk's departure as well as those no limits 2020 giga concepts that circulated the web.

That's on those people....it's like the people who were absolutely certain that SOB was returning....they only believe that there was hype because they got it in their head that the park was teasing it.

• Like 1

Maybe our Giga will go 96mph. B&M is based in Switzerland. Centurion was a rumored name for our giga I believe. I can't think of what the 450ft would relate to. Other than B&M being Swiss, I bet none of these have anything to do with our Giga. It seems to straight forward and obvious to be clues.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Even if this is 'going along with a troll' or some other stupid thing, I think its still important to point out bad information, fake images, and other disinformation, particularly for visitors reading the forums.  With the way info can blow up on the internet, its still important to show what is legitimate and what is not.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, silver2005 said:

I think its still important to point out bad information, fake images, and other disinformation, particularly for visitors reading the forums.  With the way info can blow up on the internet, its still important to show what is legitimate and what is not.  

The supposed teaser sign has been taken down per what Silver said and the TOS. If you can't give a source then it can not be posted. If you see teaser signs up at the park this weekend, then feel free to post a picture back in the thread.

• Like 1

I would also like to add that you shouldn't be afraid to fact check.  Don't worry about what trolls think or how they'll react.   Point out what's correct and what's wrong if you are capable so we can have a proper conversation.  The faster you discredit and kneecap them, the faster they go away. 

And trust me, if I've learned anything from the past 2 decoding threads, its that we'll see a ton of them here.  

• Like 4