Jump to content
SonofBaconator

The Giga Speculation Thread

Recommended Posts

Thanks @adrianicsea. As a KIC admin, I have spoken to the park and they have assured us that the flyer in question is indeed fake, and not posted by them.

If the KIC admin finds out from the park a KIC member did this,  they will be banned from the site. As a member, we expect everyone to follow all park rules.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cincinnati.com posted an article last October (2018) that included plans filed in August of 2018 with the Warren County Recorder's Office had the plans for the remainder of 2018, as well as for 2019 and 2020.  B&M is definitely working on something at the park, because they were on the filing for a project to be completed within that time. I believe that this might be the Notice of Commencement that is floating around in several threads on this site. Thank you, public records for helping us decode the the likelihood of us getting a giga in 2020! It will DEFINITELY be a B&M coaster with the filings already in place. Link to the article is posted below. They even cite KIC! :D

Cincinnati.com Speculation about Giga

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, LondonFreak said:

Cincinnati.com posted an article last October (2018) that included plans filed in August of 2018 with the Warren County Recorder's Office had the plans for the remainder of 2018, as well as for 2019 and 2020.  B&M is definitely working on something at the park, because they were on the filing for a project to be completed within that time. I believe that this might be the Notice of Commencement that is floating around in several threads on this site. Thank you, public records for helping us decode the the likelihood of us getting a giga in 2020! It will DEFINITELY be a B&M coaster with the filings already in place. Link to the article is posted below. They even cite KIC! :D

Cincinnati.com Speculation about Giga

 

It seems like news stations are now following KIC when they want to talk about Kings Island especially John Matarese and WCPO!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just wondering if everyone thinks the land clearing will continue as the weeks go by? I won't be able to make it to the park for a few more weeks. I appreciate everyone's posts in here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would like them to keep as many trees as possible, but at the same time bigger clearing = bigger coaster. So I kinda hope there is more clearing to be done. Really if they utilize the area that's already cleared plus what was cleared before with removal of Firehawk and even SOB they could already make quite a large coaster.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jt2455 said:

Just wondering if everyone thinks the land clearing will continue as the weeks go by? I won't be able to make it to the park for a few more weeks. I appreciate everyone's posts in here.

It'll be interesting to see this weekend if any new clearing was done this past week. I live just 5 minutes from KI and the weather was gorgeous several days this week. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With this very large land clearing and the thickness of the track seen, it is clear that the giga is much more likely to happen than not to happen. The markings on the track pieces are also showing that it is a hyper/giga, and it is definitely not a hyper. Giga is in the future!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is just a wild theory that popped into my head... what if the "it's big it's gone" hashtag that they used to announce Firehawks destruction wasnt necessarily calling back to Firehawk... if you reverse the tag to where it says "it's gone it's big" that could potentially be a teaser to what's coming next.. this tag never made sense to me cause I never thought of Firehawk as big.. its layout was relatively compact and it didnt go all that high.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Codyfryguy said:

This is just a wild theory that popped into my head... what if the "it's big it's gone" hashtag that they used to announce Firehawks destruction wasnt necessarily calling back to Firehawk... if you reverse the tag to where it says "it's gone it's big" that could potentially be a teaser to what's coming next.. this tag never made sense to me cause I never thought of Firehawk as big.. its layout was relatively compact and it didnt go all that high.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
 

That is a really interesting thought....hmmm!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wasn’t there s short video or a picture during the deconstruction with a mechanical hand similar to Vortex’s robotic grip, ripping Firehawk apart? Perhaps that was the clue “it’s big” (the robotic hand) “and it’s gone” (Firehawk) all followed by a maniacal laugh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Logan said:

Why does this both this thread and the decoding 2020 thread exist?

This thread is for speculation, the other is for decoding. 

Plus this thread was created first and we cannot "officially" confirm that the 2020 project will be a giga until the park makes an announcement. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...