The Giga Speculation Thread

SonofBaconator

Thanks @adrianicsea. As a KIC admin, I have spoken to the park and they have assured us that the flyer in question is indeed fake, and not posted by them.

If the KIC admin finds out from the park a KIC member did this,  they will be banned from the site. As a member, we expect everyone to follow all park rules.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Cincinnati.com posted an article last October (2018) that included plans filed in August of 2018 with the Warren County Recorder's Office had the plans for the remainder of 2018, as well as for 2019 and 2020.  B&M is definitely working on something at the park, because they were on the filing for a project to be completed within that time. I believe that this might be the Notice of Commencement that is floating around in several threads on this site. Thank you, public records for helping us decode the the likelihood of us getting a giga in 2020! It will DEFINITELY be a B&M coaster with the filings already in place. Link to the article is posted below. They even cite KIC! :D

Cincinnati.com Speculation about Giga

9 hours ago, LondonFreak said:

Cincinnati.com posted an article last October (2018) that included plans filed in August of 2018 with the Warren County Recorder's Office had the plans for the remainder of 2018, as well as for 2019 and 2020.  B&M is definitely working on something at the park, because they were on the filing for a project to be completed within that time. I believe that this might be the Notice of Commencement that is floating around in several threads on this site. Thank you, public records for helping us decode the the likelihood of us getting a giga in 2020! It will DEFINITELY be a B&M coaster with the filings already in place. Link to the article is posted below. They even cite KIC! :D

Cincinnati.com Speculation about Giga

It seems like news stations are now following KIC when they want to talk about Kings Island especially John Matarese and WCPO!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

It seems like news stations are now following KIC when they want to talk about Kings Island especially John Matarese and WCPO!

This has been happening since the beginning when the site was PKICentral. 

• Like 2

I would like them to keep as many trees as possible, but at the same time bigger clearing = bigger coaster. So I kinda hope there is more clearing to be done. Really if they utilize the area that's already cleared plus what was cleared before with removal of Firehawk and even SOB they could already make quite a large coaster.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Jt2455 said:

Just wondering if everyone thinks the land clearing will continue as the weeks go by? I won't be able to make it to the park for a few more weeks. I appreciate everyone's posts in here.

It'll be interesting to see this weekend if any new clearing was done this past week. I live just 5 minutes from KI and the weather was gorgeous several days this week. 

With this very large land clearing and the thickness of the track seen, it is clear that the giga is much more likely to happen than not to happen. The markings on the track pieces are also showing that it is a hyper/giga, and it is definitely not a hyper. Giga is in the future!

^ I wouldn't bet on that. Pictures already show multiple codes on the parts laying around, others have already shown/decoded the coding scheme used there(there's a great write upon Reddit). There are definately multiple projects onsite at the plant. 

• Like 3

This is just a wild theory that popped into my head... what if the "it's big it's gone" hashtag that they used to announce Firehawks destruction wasnt necessarily calling back to Firehawk... if you reverse the tag to where it says "it's gone it's big" that could potentially be a teaser to what's coming next.. this tag never made sense to me cause I never thought of Firehawk as big.. its layout was relatively compact and it didnt go all that high.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Codyfryguy said:

This is just a wild theory that popped into my head... what if the "it's big it's gone" hashtag that they used to announce Firehawks destruction wasnt necessarily calling back to Firehawk... if you reverse the tag to where it says "it's gone it's big" that could potentially be a teaser to what's coming next.. this tag never made sense to me cause I never thought of Firehawk as big.. its layout was relatively compact and it didnt go all that high.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

That is a really interesting thought....hmmm!

• Like 1

Wasn’t there s short video or a picture during the deconstruction with a mechanical hand similar to Vortex’s robotic grip, ripping Firehawk apart? Perhaps that was the clue “it’s big” (the robotic hand) “and it’s gone” (Firehawk) all followed by a maniacal laugh.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Logan said:

Why does this both this thread and the decoding 2020 thread exist?

This thread is for speculation, the other is for decoding. 

Plus this thread was created first and we cannot "officially" confirm that the 2020 project will be a giga until the park makes an announcement. 

• Like 4