The Giga Speculation Thread

SonofBaconator

I'd like to see a Mack Giga with a similar layout to what "Project Green Fire" was going to be at Liseberg, before they restarted it and decided to build Helix instead, either that OR a Mack Multi launch, both look like great concepts we don't have anywhere in America!

• Like 5

4 hours ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

The webcams have been moved around. Not sure when, just looked for the first time this morning in a long while.

https://www.visitkingsisland.com/explore/live-video

They are the same again. They must not of been changed for long??

*EDIT* I did not see this page so sorry about the camera comment.

• Like 1

Ok, I saw this on the ki webcam and I know you are aware of "giga" carved in the snow. But one thing I noticed is that the first picture from several days ago actually looks a little different from the one from a couple days ago. We have been losing snow and giga looks like it was just written. Thoughts? Btw I'm new to KI central!

Screenshot_20180104-161437.png

• Like 2

2 hours ago, rhyano said:

I'd like to see a Mack Giga with a similar layout to what "Project Green Fire" was going to be at Liseberg, before they restarted it and decided to build Helix instead, either that OR a Mack Multi launch, both look like great concepts we don't have anywhere in America!

A Mack giga would be amazing to go to a park one day, but I think the ki one will either be a b&m or RMC Trex giga. It won't be Intamin due to the problems Cedar Fair has with Intamin.

• Like 2

As a proud Daytonian, I'd like to say that I am in major favor of adding the Wright name to the (possible) GiGa, sans the height.  :)

As an amateur conspiracy theorist, I can say that I know folks who have worked deep on the base and done construction on the base have said that there was talk of some Area 51 tenants (wink wink ;)) that reside(d) at the base, which would totally tie in to the FoF theme.  Another extra-terrestrial themed ride wouldn't bother me at all. 

As for color, I'm super fond of orange, which doesn't match with the cammo idea.  Oh, well. 

WGSG, throwing in her two cents. :wub: 

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, SonofBaconator said:

If it was false I feel like the park would have gotten rid of it by now.

This was most certainly an associate. Can we please stop falling for the oh so obviously trap and move on. Some 17 year old is clearly messing with us, and we're falling for it. Hard.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

A Mack giga would be amazing to go to a park one day, but I think the ki one will either be a b&m or RMC Trex giga. It won't be Intamin due to the problems Cedar Fair has with Intamin.

I wouldn't be so sure about that.

• Like 1

Don or someone from KI posted a Twitter snapshot of the Mystic Timber webcam on Dec.29th , only a day before the mysterious "Giga" appeared in the snow. Of course he/they mentioned the train, but I looked back on all of KI's posts on Twitter for months, and no other similar pic was posted. So, it's not like it was just coincidence, or was it?  Oh, and by the way, the post does mention snow. Hmmmm......

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

I am sure they knew not long after being posted here and social media.

Perhaps we overestimate our influence? Maybe no one has actually read these forums? Shoot, KI doesn't manage the comments on their own Facebook page. Why would KIC be any different?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Xdog42 said:

It would be funny if we are all over thinking the name of this Giga and CF just names it "Centurion". I like the name but it really has nothing to do with the theme of Flight in X-Base.

We keep talking about it being in X-Base, but what if it is going somewhere else?

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, DiamondBanshee said:

^Because it is a fact that multiple KI employees (many know who I’m talking about in particular) have accounts including some who are fairly high up at KI

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So? Who says they are active. Who says they regularly check the site. Furthermore, KI full timers are not as influential as is implied on these forums. Cedar Fair corporate is much more heavily involved than many think. The people who make most of the important decisions go nameless up in Sandusky.

• Like 2

^^Considering the person in questions is the head of PR at KI I believe it very likely this person would check on these forums if there is potentially a teaser. Also considering that there have been teasers alluding to people on this forum (for Banshee), and that this man has posted and responded to questions and quotes multiple times on this forum it is all very likely that he, as well as others know.

If RMC was put in the snow I think we’d have a few old faces come back to rave about how much better RMC is than GCI and that the next coaster will DEFINITELY be either an RMC or like that “cowboy coaster” at Cedar Point

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

1 hour ago, kirbias1 said:

Don or someone from KI posted a Twitter snapshot of the Mystic Timber webcam on Dec.29th , only a day before the mysterious "Giga" appeared in the snow. Of course he/they mentioned the train, but I looked back on all of KI's posts on Twitter for months, and no other similar pic was posted. So, it's not like it was just coincidence, or was it?  Oh, and by the way, the post does mention snow. Hmmmm......

Yes, I agree, DiamondBanshee.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

We keep talking about it being in X-Base, but what if it is going somewhere else?

You do have a point. But the only place I can see them putting the coaster is in Action Zone or X-Base. 

22 minutes ago, chugh43 said:

Planet Snoopy right? 

I think @pianoman is in favor of it starting out on I-Street! 

I really have thought of KI putting it in Planet Snoopy. I know it sounds crazy but consider if they put it in between The Regular Park and Soak City and the Giga goes behind MT. It's pretty shakey because it would be a weird layout, but it could work. The only thing really killing this small theory of mine is that KI has not built an "Adult" coaster in Planet Snoopy.

I was considering it in this area, But of course, there would be a lot of obstacles they would have to be overcome to fit it in this area.

KIGIGA.JPG

*There would likely have to be a turn before the drop, Like Rougarou at CP.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Xdog42 said:

You do have a point. But the only place I can see them putting the coaster is in Action Zone or X-Base. 

I really have thought of KI putting it in Planet Snoopy. I know it sounds crazy but consider if they put it in between The Regular Park and Soak City and the Giga goes behind MT. It's pretty shakey because it would be a weird layout, but it could work. The only thing really killing this small theory of mine is that KI has not built an "Adult" coaster in Planet Snoopy.

I was considering it in this area, But of course, there would be a lot of obstacles they would have to be overcome to fit it in this area.

KIGIGA.JPG

*There would likely have to be a turn before the drop, Like Rougarou at CP.

does anyone have a google map like this with the property boundaries of ki ???? thanks jim...

• Like 1

awesome ...thanks ..so plenty of room to expand.....the green line ??? do they own on other side of river ????

No, they own to the river but can’t build all the way to it from my understanding. There’s approximately 680 acres to the property and only 330 developed. So lots of room. Oh, the green line is a bike trail on the other side of the river.
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, harveyhaddixfan said:

No, they own to the river but can’t build all the way to it from my understanding. There’s approximately 680 acres to the property and only 330 developed. So lots of room. Oh, the green line is a bike trail on the other side of the river.

that's awesome thanks for the info...:D

• Like 1